Beale - Polishing the rough diamonds

Ted E Bayer

Can we absolutely rule out Wright and Matondo coming good under Beale.

Probably being quite naïve here but.... are they both really just that poor that Beale cannot get a tune out of them at all.  Surely working with them daily on decision making, close control, passing and footballing awareness such a positioning could mean one, if not both could possibly turn good for us?

Or is it really a case that you cannot polish a turd or in this case a couple of turds and they will forever just not be good enough?

You cant turn utter shite into footballers. The only reason they have been used is because guys like Hagi and Lawrence are crocked.

Matondo is probably been forced upon him to try and get a tune out of given we spent a fortune on him on wages and the fee but that's never working out.

He needs his own players brought in because the ones we have are not winning anything.

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Add Morelos to that list? 

Whatever the reason behind his lack of form, you can't really overlook him as well. 

He looks done.

He, like a few others, looked a yard or two off the pace today.

The willingness was there from him, i think once we see his fitness levels improve and he gets a consistent run in the team again, he'll come good. 

21 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He, like a few others, looked a yard or two off the pace today.

The willingness was there from him, i think once we see his fitness levels improve and he gets a consistent run in the team again, he'll come good. 

He's had months to work on his fitness. It's a shambles 

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The "reason" is obvious, he's got a gut and an arse the size of his wage packet.

The gut is quite noticable.  I know he is of a particular shape as Beale pointed out a few days ago but he shouldn't be carrying that Dad bod at his age when getting paid thousands as a professional athlete imo.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's had months to work on his fitness. It's a shambles 

I think his attitude is something that has let him down in his time here, but i think when he is engaged and being managed correctly, and fitness sorted, i think we still have a player there.

I think both Wright and Matondo have footballing ability, but the main thing for me is decision-making.  Keep the ball, make the easy pass in Wrights case, and choose the right moment to hit the by-line.  Matondo likewise.  There are moments you try to take on the shot and there are moments to feed in a teammate.  He's taken the wrong option twice recently and cost us a certain goal.

If both worked on their decision-making they and we'd be in a better place.

Bit you could argue, even Kent at times dribbles too much and at the wrong moments which leads to oppositions countering when the simply pass was on.  Or if Tillman fakes a shot when Carter Vicors slides in to block, he could have knocked it in nae bother with the other foot. 

He can't work magic with some of the players he's got. 

Wright isn't good enough. 

Matondo alone should be enough to sack Ross Wilson. The transfers that guy has overseen is criminal. 

Beale might be told to try with him but it won't work. 

52 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The "reason" is obvious, he's got a gut and an arse the size of his wage packet.

His brain's fucked as well. Who does he think will want to sign him with the form, attitude and fitness he's showing just now?

If he wanted away the thing to do was work hard, get his form back and attract attention. Guy's a fucking idiot.

I always cut Wright some slack as he came cheap from Aberdeen and in all honesty nobody ever believed he was going to be some player, he is a squad player who will spend his time on the bench or get a game if someone is injured and he will merely be filling in for a little.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

I think it’s more we don’t have enough really good players. We get 3 first team players in the door and guys like Wright look better.

Not having guys like Hagi & Lawrence available has meant Wright has played a lot more than he should have.

The problem with Wright is his attitude, can count on one hand the amount of times he's had an impact on games, cup final comes to mind but hard pressed to name others off the top my head. It doesn't matter if he starts or comes on as a sub against tired legs, he just disappears, you don't notice he's even playing. 

48 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not having guys like Hagi & Lawrence available has meant Wright has played a lot more than he should have.

Yeah definitely, I think the problems with the spine of our team is making all of those issues worse though.