General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

I'm basing it on the fact we will be short of wide players if there's to be a clear out and also I hate it when we bring in players who've cost money and we simply pay them off or accept buttons for them after hardly getting a chance. 

Hes had his chance, he is utter gash.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Looking unlikely, but still hoping Kent re-signs.

Not sure I completely trust Beale on transfers tbh - seems to have an unhealthy obsession with players he coached or came across when coaching Chelsea under 12s.

Any examples? 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Raskin was doing nothing at his former club. More than  able to meet him before signing during a transfer window. Don't think clubs abroad would be releasing players under contract to meet another clubs manager. Raskin was also already a target before Beale came in.

It’s pretty normal these days to agree personal terms before clubs agree a fee. 

23 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Hes had his chance, he is utter gash.

A handful of starts, mainly playing in a negative Gio system with players who’s confidence was on the floor, hardly counts as a chance tbf. 

He might not make it, and I don’t particularly rate him, but considering what we’ve invested in him he’s worth more of a look than some of the players that people scream to get a chance are before we cut our losses and take another huge hit on a player.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Sakala absolutely has a role to play next season, even if it’s mainly as an option from the bench.

And Jack also has a role to play next season, even if from the bench. 

I personally think the team looks weaker not adding a RW than it does not adding another CM

As I said though, we would ideally add both

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

And Jack also has a role to play next season, even if from the bench. 

I personally think the team looks weaker not adding a RW than it does not adding another CM

As I said though, we would ideally add both

We have failed miserably to get a proper RW and ended up shoehorning players like Hagi, Arfield or Aribo. I can't remember the last good RW we had. And it wasn't Candaeis.

Need to get that one right this summer.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

The majority of our first team are decent squad players. No need to buy squad players. We need players that are first pick and those they replace can deputise 

ye was about to say the same - Need about 6 or 7 starters together with Raskin, Cantwell, Tilman and Tav / Goldson.

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We have failed miserably to get a proper RW and ended up shoehorning players like Hagi, Arfield or Aribo. I can't remember the last good RW we had. And it wasn't Candaeis.

Willie Henderson 

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Thing about Candeis was he linked up great with Tav and gave us balance down that side, willing to track back when Tav got caught upfield.  Not saying he was great but Tav was notably worse when he left.

52 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Agreed. Bang average.

He is not bang average and is worth more than 3M. 

Hagi is a unique player in that he is not just a skilful player, but a marketing dream based on his last name.

If we want to sell him, we need to play him. He has been fit for donkey years.

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He is not bang average and is worth more than 3M. 

Hagi is a unique player in that he is not just a skilful player, but a marketing dream based on his last name.

If we want to sell him, we need to play him. He has been fit for donkey years.

I don’t think we do. He’s barely kicked a ball in months and he’s still linked with a different club almost every week. 

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

If he's meeting players face to face then they are all certainly going out of contract and in the UK.

Not 100% sure if they have to be in the UK, but I assume they have to be out of contract in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Not 100% sure if they have to be in the UK, but I assume they have to be out of contract in the summer.

If they're under contract and playing for their current club abroad it'll be highly unlikely the club will allow them to travel here. It'll be through the agents.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi won't go for big money, he's not made a big enough impact in Scottish football which isn't exactly a high standard and has been out for a year with a serious injury.

I'd take 3 million and put it towards a raskin level player.

Making our money back on him would be a win.

He’s decent technically but he already lacked the pace, athleticism and tenacity needed in the modern game, pre injury and since a more traditional “number 10” that plays directly behind a front man isn’t really a thing anymore, I don’t see where he fits into our team.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi won't go for big money, he's not made a big enough impact in Scottish football which isn't exactly a high standard and has been out for a year with a serious injury.

I'd take 3 million and put it towards a raskin level player.

Get our money back. That's the main aim with any player sold this summer.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Get our money back. That's the main aim with any player sold this summer.

All we can ask given the various situations they are all in. Getting them off the wage bill will be vital. Must be spending a fortune on guys like Hagi, Hellander, Roofe, Kamara, Wright, Matondo who don't feature for several reasons. Over 100k a week in wages for those alone you would think

Our squad is bloated with injury prone or not good enough standard of player. 

My fear is its too optimistic to think we can shift the bulk of those in 1 window so no doubt we will get rid of 2 or 3 on top of the out of contract ones and be lumbered into keeping the others. 

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If they're under contract and playing for their current club abroad it'll be highly unlikely the club will allow them to travel here. It'll be through the agents.

I suppose M B could have been to see them rather than players come here.

I honestly don't know what the set up is, but are we right in that no club will have agreed to sell a player at the moment and it must be players out of contract in the summer?? :hmmm:

24 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Beale can travel to them, there was also just an international break a few weeks ago where players would have been free to travel.