General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Beale simply can't do worse than the 10M spent on Davies, Ridvan & Matondo. That has to be the worst summer signings ever.

Yeh so depressing. The summer signings have been nothing short of a disaster. 

Quite conceivable that only 1 will be starting for us this time next year. 

Time and money wasted we couldn’t afford. 

Anel Ahmedhodzic just named in the championship team of the season.

Full Bosnian international, played against us twice last season for Malmo and apparently only cost Sheffield Utd 4 million and is probably worth about 5 times that amount now.

He’s no Ben Davies though, eh? 🙄

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Full Bosnian international, played against us twice last season for Malmo and apparently only cost Sheffield Utd 4 million and is probably worth about 5 times that amount now.

Remember people being annoyed that other people weren’t buzzing about signing Davies :lol: @TheKingObv

I fear we will be stuck with most of the dross next season. Guys like Wright, Kamara etc wont ever earn what they're on at us and will never play for a club like us. They may as well sit tight and milk it 

6 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The nonsense about signing broken players should be binned.

Sign hungry players who want to make it in game and if they do we can sell on for a profit.

We ket then leave Scotland for pennies the try resign for millions 2 seasons later...

4-5 starters is a lot to bed in but needs must. We have 3 starters who are not going to be here next year so they are a priority.

GK for me is the most important position to fill. Preferably someone who will be able to hold the position for a good few years. Striker to replace Morelos is probably the next most important signing. Would love to sell Roofe but that's not going to happen so we definately need someone who will be available for 80%+ of our matches.

Kent could easily be replaced by Lawrence but I would prefer that he played alongside Raskin. So new LW for me or a new CM to play alongside Raskin.

Not going to count Tillman as he's already here and it gives me an extra choice 😂

A decent CB to replace Helander. Davies would have been back up to Helander if he had been fit and as that would have been fine. Get him back into that back up role with King in reserve and the defence with a new GK will be in a far better position.

Last one we have needed for years is obviously RW. The position is cursed so I doubt we will have any luck there 😒

I had been thinking that out of all the out of contract players only Jack would be worth keeping on a reduced terms year deal but not so sure now with him being injured again already. 

Would sell any player for the right price obviously but priority has to be to sell Barasic and Lundstram before losing them for free.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Beale should have got a striker in January, he knew Colak had a calf problem and would be out,  Roofe needed and operation and Morelos was not fit.

He apparently has his striker teed up for the summer. If he has, then he'd be bringing in a 2nd choice striker in Jan, to add to those we're contracted to keep this summer - Colak, Sakala, Roofe. So unless it was a 5 month loan, he'd be committed to 5 forwards next season. That's excessive.

Then there's budget. Given we've still got share options occurring, do you think the money was there for a loan or permanent deal for a striker who would hit the ground running. Unlikely, so should he have used the Cantwell/Raskin funds - which one shouldn't we have taken?

And who is this striker who we could have got from a club who were happy to let him go in Jan but that we're confident would have fit in, played and scored as soon as he arrived?

It's dead easy to say he should have done this or that in terms of signings in Jan but I think most of us know restrictions meant that there was only scope for the 2 who came in. There's plenty to criticise him for but not for this IMHO.

3 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

4-5 starters is a lot to bed in but needs must. We have 3 starters who are not going to be here next year so they are a priority.

GK for me is the most important position to fill. Preferably someone who will be able to hold the position for a good few years. Striker to replace Morelos is probably the next most important signing. Would love to sell Roofe but that's not going to happen so we definately need someone who will be available for 80%+ of our matches.

Kent could easily be replaced by Lawrence but I would prefer that he played alongside Raskin. So new LW for me or a new CM to play alongside Raskin.

Not going to count Tillman as he's already here and it gives me an extra choice 😂

A decent CB to replace Helander. Davies would have been back up to Helander if he had been fit and as that would have been fine. Get him back into that back up role with King in reserve and the defence with a new GK will be in a far better position.

Last one we have needed for years is obviously RW. The position is cursed so I doubt we will have any luck there 😒

I had been thinking that out of all the out of contract players only Jack would be worth keeping on a reduced terms year deal but not so sure now with him being injured again already. 

Would sell any player for the right price obviously but priority has to be to sell Barasic and Lundstram before losing them for free.

Davies who cost us £4million pounds was brought in as "back up" 🤣

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I remember discussing this at the time, or at least very early into the season. Baffling decision that summed up everything wrong with our transfer "strategy" last summer. Pretty sure he's only 23 or something similar. Davies isn't strong or quick and is aging. Frustrating. 

One poor sliced clearance early on yesterday and it was pretty apparent Davies was rattled. 

Realistically what do we have to spend this window?

This looks a dire situation to me trying to offload so many players in one window is going to be tough

This looks like a 2 window job unfortunately which we just can't afford

1 minute ago, RWB72 said:

Realistically what do we have to spend this window?

This looks a dire situation to me trying to offload so many players in one window is going to be tough

This looks like a 2 window job unfortunately which we just can't afford

There is about to be at a quick guesstimate around 130k pw freed up 

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Watched duk closely yesterday, he’s fucking terrible 

Yeh changed my mind on him. Thought he was garbage.

Thought the Clarkson boy was class. Night and day better than Lundstrum. Great assist for the 2nd and he cut us open with an unreal ball that Duk I think should have scored from.

Would be a no brainer for me for cdm next season. Always looks to play forward first. His goals and assists would complement Raskin very nicely. And we could probably get him on loan like the sheep did

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Thought the Clarkson boy was class. Night and day better than Lundstrum. Great assist for the 2nd and he cut us open with an unreal ball that Duk I think should have scored from.

Would be a no brainer for me for cdm next season. Always looks to play forward first. His goals and assists would complement Raskin very nicely. And we could probably get him on loan like the sheep did

One of a handful of players I would take from within our league, especially with how many players we need to replace in midfield for next season. Fits the profile perfectly.

7 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Have we not learned our lesson with Liverpool loanees yet?

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Davies who cost us £4million pounds was brought in as "back up" 🤣

Cheaper than our backup at LB. A fully fit Helander starts before Davies any day of the week, even someone who pretends  to know everything about football should know that.