General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Sounds like Willock was class last season. But properly downed tools this year in a relegation scrap. Toys out the pram trying to force a move including training ground bust up. 

So maybe good enough ability wise. But not the best in the dressing room in what is already a mentally weak squad

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The idea of spending that Kouamé is giving me the fear (and I hope this post comes back to bite me in the arse and is being quoted back to me in a years time :lol: )

Don't like it at all. Really hope I'm wrong this time around.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Sounds like he was class last season. But properly downed tools this year in a relegation scrap. Toys out the pram trying to force a move including training ground bust up. 

So maybe good enough ability wise. But not the best in the dressing room in what is already a mentally weak squad

Kouame, he's scored more double figures once in his whole career.

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The idea of spending that amount of money on Kouamé is giving me the fear (and I hope this post comes back to bite me in the arse and is being quoted back to me in a years time :lol: )

Absolute madness tbh, there had to be better out there for that sort of cash. 

26 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

So do I mate, but ffs if we are spending 7milliion on a striker who’s thing doesn’t seem to be scoring goals then it’s more frightening than anything else 

Agree completely. Look at the stick Morleos gets for seemingly not scoring enough goals. Our support will go tonto if we spend 7 million on a player and he only scores a goal every 5 games (his career average so far). I think that average would increase playing for a team like us, but I doubt it’s going to improve to a 1 in 2 level, which is where he would need to be sitting considering the financial output.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Is Ross Stewart even out of contract or is it one of those where his deal is meant to be up but Sunderland will have an option to add a year and they will take it. Loads of players seem to get reported as being out of contract when they actually aren’t. 

Yeh not sure. Definitely heard they have an option to add. But no idea how that works in practice. Does the player have no say? At what wages etc. Because surely it’s guaranteed they would but their manager makes it seem up in the air. Heard the same thing for Willock which is apparently why he downed tools. Didn’t want the club to extend his contract.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Is Ross Stewart even out of contract or is it one of those where his deal is meant to be up but Sunderland will have an option to add a year and they will take it. Loads of players seem to get reported as being out of contract when they actually aren’t. 

Yup and i’m sure Willock is the same.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Ah apparently you're right - they've already activated it for another 12 months.