General Transfer Talk

Broxi

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He played a massive part in us getting to a European final, had a year left on his contract and how many offers did we get?

One kick away from immortality and being our biggest legend of my lifetime and he missed a sitter, sums him up.

He was offside pal. Wouldn't of mattered

I know loads of fans love him, more than likely because he’s been a shining light in a shocking season but even then using £5m of our limited transfer budget in an area where we’re potentially stacked with the rumoured signings for a player who turned up in one big game during the season isn’t doing it for me. 

For £5m in Scotland I’d be expecting a player to be able to take a good amount of games by the scruff of the neck and at least occasionally be the main man in a derby, cup final etc. Didn’t see any of that. 

I think a more consistent Aribo sums Tillman up quite well. 

If our budget is £20m plus which it won’t be then fine but can’t help feel that money is better spent elsewhere, we need major surgery with a full new front line and GK as a starter 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I know loads of fans love him, more than likely because he’s been a shining light in a shocking season but even then using £5m of our limited transfer budget in an area where we’re potentially stacked with the rumoured signings for a player who turned up in one big game during the season isn’t doing it for me. 

For £5m in Scotland I’d be expecting a player to be able to take a good amount of games by the scruff of the neck and at least occasionally be the main man in a derby, cup final etc. Didn’t see any of that. 

If our budget is £20m plus which it won’t be then fine but can’t help feel that money is better spent elsewhere, we need major surgery with a full new front line and GK as a starter 

If you believe the rumours then it might be, and maybe more, once you include sales. 

5M could easily get us 2 decent attackers who could contribute more than Tillman can. I get it's potential but we're not in a position to do that at the moment. So if we spend a chunk of the budget on him and sell him for a profit, but don't buy enough good players to win the title next season, is that a success? 

I don't think we need to sign Tillman, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we did

20 years old and our best player last season. He improves the team and could turn out to be a phenomenal player. No issues if we sign him. And the only people who know what the budget is are the people at the club, and they obviously aren't going to not sign strikers and wingers. Especially if we're signing back up RBs too which nobody even asked for. 

If we do sign Tillman it tells me we can afford to do it all, which would be great. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s not a cm so he’s not going to become Ferguson and start getting on the ball dictating play and taking it by the scruff of the neck.

12 goals and 5 assists suggests he’s influenced plenty of games. 

He’s only 20. We wouldn’t be able to afford the finished product 24 year old Tillman.

Out of the best players in the league. When Jota was 20 he was playing in the second division of Portugal scoring less goals than Tillman. Kyogo was playing second division J league. CCV was unimpressive in the Championship and nobody wanted to sign him permanently.

That 5 million will likely end in a profit for the club

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Said it before- Tillman would be a lovely signing if we had plenty of cash kicking about. There’s a good chance he’ll go on to be a very good player but we have to spend heavily on the forward areas first. If the likes of Matondo and Sakala see a lot of minutes next season then we are in big trouble. 

We are atrocious up front.