General Transfer Talk

Broxi

17 minutes ago, The Monk said:

To be fair I don’t think it’s too far fetched.

In the 55 season didn’t we roughly spend about £3.5mil on Roofe and £2.7m on Itten whilst we still had Morelos as our main “number 9”?

I wouldn’t be too surprised if we sold Colak for around £2mil given the rumours floating around and then start next season with another new striker, Dessers and Roofe as ST options.

Totally agree an itten level signing will come in, what we won’t see is a piroe type who’s 7-10m plus Dessers. 

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That would be some player tbf. If we could combine Colak and Sakala we would have a brilliant player 

Knowing our luck we would end up with a slow, immobile striker who offers little outside the box, but is also shite at finishing.

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Knowing our luck we would end up with a slow, immobile striker who offers little outside the box, but is also shite at finishing.

I’d take him. Score a lot in our league… great shout 

On 06/06/2023 at 09:29, RossS1873 said:

9-F443-DAB-7-DE1-4-AA1-9-EC5-2485580-EA8-B7.thumb.jpg.39722641fce7620b3291a0941733356a.jpgLet's throw a spanner in the works!

Just for context, this plane did Glasgow-Bordeaux-East Midlands. Another plane was then clocked doing Brescia-East Midlands.

The plane that did Brescia-East Midlands has just touched down in Glasgow.

Brescia is only 40 minutes away from Cremona, where Cremonese play…

Not thrilled about Dessers. Worried if he’s signed to be our number one striker.

If he isn’t then £4million is a big chunk to spend on a back up. Especially given his age there isn’t a possibility of a return on that.

Unless Beale is planning to go 2 up top a lot..

14 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not thrilled about Dessers. Worried if he’s signed to be our number one striker.

If he isn’t then £4million is a big chunk to spend on a back up. Especially given his age there isn’t a possibility of a return on that.

Unless Beale is planning to go 2 up top a lot..

I suspect that is the plan.

Pretty much since Gerrard came in we have played with 3 forwards (there have been variations on roles but pretty much 1 central and two wide) and two attacking fullbacks. At times this works with the wide forward and fullback linking up but often it doesn’t with forwards and fullbacks taking up space from each other, and also means central striker is often isolated in the box.

2 CFs and someone in behind gives more space for the fullbacks to attack and gives us more of a strike partnership. Also means oppositions defenders are more occupied and therefor less likely to pick up any runs from the 10 / midfield.

29 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Just for context, this plane did Glasgow-Bordeaux-East Midlands. Another plane was then clocked doing Brescia-East Midlands.

The plane that did Brescia-East Midlands has just touched down in Glasgow.

Brescia is only 40 minutes away from Cremona, where Cremonese play…

This is the kind of thing I'm here for!

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think Beale said he was taking ten days off in mid-June. Better get one or two in soon or this place will lose its shit!

I think he is on holiday at the moment, I'm sure I read he was in Turkey.