General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Thats just not true. I want him gone because I want someone who adds numbers to the team in terms of goals and assists.

Kents numbers as we all know are literally bogging and I don’t care about all the running around he does. He’s a forward and his numbers matter. He’s shite. 

His assists are good, his goals over the past couple of seasons have been shite.

This argument's been had before anyway, there's no point going over it again. Genuinely don't think there's any chance he's staying either though until it's confirmed there's always hope.

10 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Grealish on the verge of winning a treble 

well-thats-enough-internet.gif

In the context of his contribution to them being more than his numbers which have been shite although much better since the turn of the year. Ball carrying, retention, drawing falls, freeing up space etc.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

In the context of his contribution to them being more than his numbers which have been shite although much better since the turn of the year. Ball carrying, retention, drawing falls, freeing up space etc.

All just buzzwords to defend an £100m signing. It's PR.

You don't think Saka, Vinicius Jr and Mbappe carry the ball or draw fouls? That only Grealish is bringing that to the table?

FWIW Grealish is playing pretty well atm. But when he wasn't, it's just PR. 

9 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Has there ever been a success story involving a British player at that level?

Kazim-Richards has done well out there over a couple of spells. Obviously his heritage is Turkish so cheating a bit. 

They always say that you don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

I think with Kent, it's the opposite.

If we get someone in who can actually do the numbers on the left wing, it'll be more of a case of not realising what you're missing until you have it.

Kent is flashy and can look good on the ball, but he fluffs so many chances in the final third it's actually fucking criminal. He's been a passenger for too long, and one that people have been duped into believing is some sort of top tier player.

21 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Has there ever been a success story involving a British player at that level?

Les Ferdinand, Dean Saunders and Barry Douglas won the Turkish Cup, Ian Wilson (80s Leicester and Scotland one) won a League and Cup double over there.

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

They always say that you don't realise what you've got until it's gone.

I think with Kent, it's the opposite.

If we get someone in who can actually do the numbers on the left wing, it'll be more of a case of not realising what you're missing until you have it.

Kent is flashy and can look good on the ball, but he fluffs so many chances in the final third it's actually fucking criminal. He's been a passenger for too long, and one that people have been duped into believing is some sort of top tier player.

Did he dupe people on our run to the Europa League final?

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Did Scot parker no go out there too?

Nope, Dalian Atkinson and Scott Carson also played there and were decent, though didn’t win anything.

Bizarrely this random guy from Bristol City has won two Leagues and a Cup in Turkey :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Walsh_(footballer)

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Les Ferdinand, Dean Saunders and Barry Douglas won the Turkish Cup, Ian Wilson (80s Leicester and Scotland one) won a League and Cup double over there.

Fair enough, only players I recall going over there was Boyd, Miller and Stevie Mallan 😂 

Boyd going there after complaining it was too hot to play the Scottish Cup final always cracks a smile.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Nope, Dalian Atkinson and Scott Carson also played there and were decent, though didn’t win anything.

Bizarrely this guy from Bristol City has also won a Turkish League and Cup double :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Walsh_(footballer)

Carson that's who I was thinking of. Ferdinand in Turkey as a youngster just sounds bizarre now.

Weird hearing Scottish players going abroad. I remember Gary O'Connor going to Russia and looking incredible.