General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Just now, RossS1873 said:

They have the same number of goals this season. Baring in mind Lawrence has been out since what, September? For all the good that Kent has done, he just doesn't give us enough on a consistent basis. And if the next guy who comes in, may it he Palma or someone else, if they don't provide better numbers, they'll be criticised the exact same way!

Yes, he was a good player with great work rate and excelled in Europe but he's not been doing it for a while now and gone a bit stale.

8 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

From the few games we saw of Lawrence I would agree with you (although I don’t necessarily think they would have been competing for the same position under Gio).  Lawrence looks as if he had a bit of composure about him when he got in and around the opponents penalty box, a quality that Kent sadly lacked.  
I’m sure in time Kent will be better thought off for his undoubted contribution over the last few years as it is sad to see him leave with so much criticism.  Small margins in football though compared to what it could have been if he had sclaffed that chance he had in the final minutes against Eintracht into the net.

I think Kent just needs a change will do better in a system that's more open for his style of play, at us his game is too well known to our opponents.

I appreciate what Kents done but he's not been performing now there are a few players like that.

59 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Kent just needs a change will do better in a system that's more open for his style of play, at us his game is too well known to our opponents.

I appreciate what Kents done but he's not been performing now there are a few players like that.

He will be playing for the likes of Blackpool in a years time imo not got the attitude 

10 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Will get £50k+ a week somewhere easy

With the amount of players rumoured to be leaving we could get somewhere near that, no? Then get our money back plus some when we punt him in a couple of years. Can't hurt to make an enquiry.

3 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

With the amount of players rumoured to be leaving we could get somewhere near that, no? Then get our money back plus some when we punt him in a couple of years. Can't hurt to make an enquiry.

We could but then you would have the highest earners already here kicking up if someone new joins on a huge wage. 

3 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

I'm not sure there will ever be a day when Rangers and paying a player that level of money.

Lawrence seems like an upgrade on Arfield to me rather than Kent.

He has a similar energy about him and similar ability to do late runs into the box that Arfield is good at. Add in being a better player and his ability to shoot then we shouldn’t resign Arfield as I think Lawrence will do that job well (if he fully recovers from injury).

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Reiss Nelson? Mon to fuck :lol: He’s already rejected a new deal at Arsenal, would command a massive signing on fee and reportedly has multiple Premier League clubs chasing him too. 

Rejected a new deal because he wants first team football, not sure at how many EPL teams he’d be the first pick that he wants to be. 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Rejected a new deal because he wants first team football, not sure at how many EPL teams he’d be the first pick that he wants to be. 

I doubt when he says he wants first team football he’s talking about the dizzy heights of the SPFL. We couldn’t afford him, and he wouldn’t come here. People need to be more realistic about what we can afford and what our pull is as a club. 

31 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We could but then you would have the highest earners already here kicking up if someone new joins on a huge wage. 

Then offer him a wage in line with them plus a percentage of his future transfer fee?

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I doubt when he says he wants first team football he’s talking about the dizzy heights of the SPFL. We couldn’t afford him, and he wouldn’t come here. People need to be more realistic about what we can afford and what our pull is as a club. 

You're right. We just shouldn't bother even trying!

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

No harm in asking the question, with the wages we are freeing up a couple of high profile bosmans shouldn’t be out of the question, this one would be very unlikely though. 

14 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

Then offer him a wage in line with them plus a percentage of his future transfer fee?

Lol, would you accept such a deal at a new employer?

”we’ll pay you a lot less than you’re worth/will get elsewhere, but if you do well and someone poaches you, we’ll give you a leaving bonus”. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Lol, would you accept such a deal at a new employer?

”we’ll pay you a lot less than you’re worth/will get elsewhere, but if you do well and someone poaches you, we’ll give you a leaving bonus”. 

Because if he backs himself to be a success he could end up quids in.

11 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

Because if he backs himself to be a success he could end up quids in.

He’s rumoured to have AC Milan, Fulham, West Ham, Aston Villa and Brighton chasing him.

Why would he accept a lower wage with the idea of backing himself to make a decent chunk of money in the future when every single one of those clubs could offer him a wage that blows anything we could offer him out of the water in the here and now?

It’s a nice sentiment, but he’s a player who’s beyond us at every level.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He’s rumoured to have AC Milan, Fulham, West Ham, Aston Villa and Brighton chasing him.

Why would he accept a lower wage with the idea of backing himself to make a decent chunk of money in the future when every single one of those clubs could offer him a wage that blows anything we could offer him out of the water in the here and now?

It’s a nice sentiment, but he’s a player who’s beyond us at every level.

May well be the case. Still, can't hurt to ask the question.

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Few bits linking us with Joel Piroe again, think he’d score loads for us watched all his Swansea goals lots of first time finishes both feet and with his head, looks pretty clinical and has a bit of physicality about him. 

I don’t hear anything much anymore but I’ve been told we do want him, I posted about it a few weeks ago. 

actually mentioned it when that daft football insider had us linked with the Coventry player