General Transfer Talk

Broxi

22 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The point on re-sale was more that I don’t think we’d spend £3 million on Woodman or whatever and then lose that. Not to look to spend specifically to recoup money back.

Butland’s barely played in 3 years so I’m not sure about the no-brainer claim. He may do great for us but has it all to prove.

Well mate if you don’t think getting a nine times capped English premier league experienced goal Keeper (caped at every level for England) Represented the GB team at the Olympics and currently in the Man United squad on a free transfer is a no brainier then there’s not much more I can say. 

Maybe you’re right and he’ll flop time will tell but that could happen with any player 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Well mate if you don’t think getting a nine times capped English premier league experienced goal Keeper (caped at every level for England) Represented the GB team at the Olympics and currently in the Man United squad on a free transfer is a no brainier then there’s not much more I can say. 

Maybe you’re right and he’ll flop time will tell but that could happen with any player 

The Olympics 11 years ago?

How many caps does Hart have and he’s fucking shite.

I’d prefer a goalkeeper playing well now is what I’m getting at, Butland could well be brilliant for us but it’s not a ‘no brainer’ on the face of it to bring in a keeper on big wages who hasn’t played in a few years and was on a downward trajectory when he was last playing.

It’s probably on balance a reasonable risk to take given what he was previously capable of but he’s not shown it for a long time now.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’d prefer a goalkeeper playing well now is what I’m getting at, Butland could well be brilliant for us but it’s not a ‘no brainer’ on the face of it to bring in a keeper on big wages who hasn’t played in a few years and was on a downward trajectory when he was last playing.

It’s probably on balance a reasonable risk to take given what he was previously capable of but he’s not shown it for a long time now.

Reasonable risk to take but not a no brainier 👍 kl mate 

No brainier for me 

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We need somebody who is dependable, can command his area, and doesn’t make mistakes. An incredible shot stopper like prime Goram or McGregor would be amazing but in reality it’s the stupid goals we need to cut out 

32 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yes, I think we have a problem now of overhyping players a bit as they have featured in the EPL understandable I guess as it's a much better league.

12 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

We need somebody who is dependable, can command his area, and doesn’t make mistakes. An incredible shot stopper like prime Goram or McGregor would be amazing but in reality it’s the stupid goals we need to cut out 

Mate you could spend 50 million on a goal keeper he’ll still make mistakes fs aye some make them more than others I get that. Butland could come here have a nightmare or he could have the best season of his life. People are acting like he’s in his late 30’s at the end of his career.  As the previous poster said he has everything to prove, he’s still youngish for a goal keeper let’s hope he comes here with fire in his belly to be successful, the talent is definitely there he just needs to recapture form

It’s a gamble but it’s a gamble we should definitely take imo 

3 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

That's not the point - just gave a couple of examples.  Butland is known to be a good keeper and is English, so a year or so here performing and in Europe could see a team like Burnley etc. going for him.

Two examples out of how many goalies over a great time frame isn't exactly proving the point, it's more a case of the exception to the rule 

42 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hart isn't shite,maybe nowhere near as great as some manks would want you ti believe but he was a massive upgrade on Barkas & Bain(I know, a very low barometer)the point is Hart made a lot of game changing saves in his first season especially, that contributed to winning games they may have dropped points in

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate you could spend 50 million on a goal keeper he’ll still make mistakes fs aye some make them more than others I get that. Butland could come here have a nightmare or he could have the best season of his life. People are acting like he’s in his late 30’s at the end of his career.  As the previous poster said he has everything to prove, he’s still youngish for a goal keeper let’s hope he comes here with fire in his belly to be successful, the talent is definitely there he just needs to recapture form

Its a good sign that if he wants to come here and be a number one.

Shows he has a bit of fight and desire to win things rather than sit on the bench at a Premiership club and pick up a decent wage.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Just on this, his age is not really where any of the scepticism is coming from. He should be in or approaching his prime as a goalkeeper.

It's that he's not played regularly for years that's the problem, the England caps had long since dried up by the time he was last a first choice.

We've also been here before countless times with outfield players with even better CVs and it's invariably never worked out, Ramsey being the latest.

I think he'll probably do alright, equally think it's fair to prefer if given the option someone currently playing well.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Klos is probably the highest paid Rangers player ever.

Mad we managed to sign him at all tbh. Had just won the CL with Dortmund. Did we pay a fee? 🤔

6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hart isn't shite,maybe nowhere near as great as some manks would want you ti believe but he was a massive upgrade on Barkas & Bain(I know, a very low barometer)the point is Hart made a lot of game changing saves in his first season especially, that contributed to winning games they may have dropped points in

He's better than those two granted, but he's their weak link mate. Been exposed loads of times now in Europe in particular.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Just on this, his age is not really where any of the scepticism is coming from. He should be in or approaching his prime as a goalkeeper.

It's that he's not played regularly for years that's the problem, the England caps had long since dried up by the time he was last a first choice.

We've also been here before countless times with outfield players with even better CVs and it's invariably never worked out, Ramsey being the latest.

I think he'll probably do alright, equally think it's fair to prefer if given the option someone currently playing well.

Fair enough mate decent reply 

I’m not meaning this in a Sarcastic way and I know it’s up to the club to find the right player but can you think of anybody that’s playing regularly at a high level and standard who we could realistically bring to Scotland that’s in our price range?
I’m not a big follower of football outside Rangers anymore and genuinely have no idea who we could get. 

“Approaching his prime”

This could be the move he needs to recapture his form playing regular first team football and as said approaching his prime. We might see the best form of his career. 

or it could go the other way and he flops. Same risk with any signing imo plenty of player have been on great form  got a big move to a new club and it just doesn’t happen for them. That’s football 

32 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hart shite with his feet always has a mistake in him and slow getting down to balls. I always think he looks like he's panicking if your press them high.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Fair enough mate decent reply 

I’m not meaning this in a Sarcastic way and I know it’s up to the club to find the right player but can you think of anybody that’s playing regularly at a high level and standard who we could realistically bring to Scotland that’s in our price range?
I’m not a big follower of football outside Rangers anymore and genuinely have no idea who we could get. 

I really like Woodman at PNE who was previously up here on loan at Killie and Aberdeen. Kaminski at Blackburn's decent too.

But I'm not the best person to speculate, mainly watch our league, the EPL and Championship so no idea about keepers in the Dutch, French, Scandinavian leagues or wherever.

Keep seeing Coady getting flung about everywhere.

Has there actually been any substantial news on that, or is it just all stemming from Michael Beale speaking bout him in his first time at Rangers, the picture of his kids and people wishful thinking?

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Keep seeing Coady getting flung about everywhere.

Has there actually been any substantial news on that, or is it just all stemming from Michael Beale speaking bout him in his first time at Rangers, the picture of his kids and people wishful thinking?

No. It's literally came from the picture. So Fraz Fletcher is writing his exclusive as we speak.