General Transfer Talk

Broxi

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m feeling very positive about everything going into the new season

You’d never know they’d just done a treble at the weekend going by the general feeling within both supports atm :lol:

The timing of fat boy leaving is quality. Going into work tonight not even thinking about them winning on Saturday. 

56 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Being the english number 1 one at the time wasnt difficult, and still isnt, their keepers have been honking for years 

And hart was miles past his best when he came up here, he still coasted it

Answers my point really since Butland couldn't get a game. 

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Hart was an England no1 something Butland couldn't achieve even when Hart was making a cunt of it. I'll await more details of the deal but I'm certainly not happy about it.

Joel Robles is a better keeper imo and he is going on a free. 

Is he fuck.

He's 32 years old and has been a first-choice keeper one season out of 13.

Butland is 3 years younger than him but has played double the number of games.

On average, he's played 9 league games a year his entire career ffs.

20 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Is he fuck.

He's 32 years old and has been a first-choice keeper one season out of 13.

Butland is 3 years younger than him but has played double the number of games.

On average, he's played 9 league games a year his entire career ffs.

Robles is better

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think Butland will probably do ok but he's an uninspiring signing, particularly if we're making him one of if not the highest earner.

Another in a long line of 'if we can get him back to his best' signings.

Like Cantwell 👀

On the signings/players linked - they're all a bit 'meh' so far, Sterling probably the pick. Don't really like the look of Cifuentes at all.

I know it's not happening but the likes of Clarke, Gyokeres, Douvikas, Boga, Iroegbunam - they'd be genuinely exciting ones.

They're all one move down the line (or in Iroegbunam's case too highly rated) from being realistic for us though.

Feels a bit like we're looking at a level of quality below that.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

On the signings/players linked - they're all a bit 'meh' so far, Sterling probably the pick. Don't really like the look of Cifuentes at all.

I know it's not happening but the likes of Clarke, Gyokeres, Douvikas, Boga, Iroegbunam - they'd be genuinely exciting ones.

They're all one move down the line (or in Iroegbunam's case too highly rated) from being realistic for us though.

The argument would be that they’re positions where you’re not really looking for excitement I guess 

28 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Don’t see it happening but I like the look of Gyokeres. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s not many with three better keepers than England now.

Id respectfully disagree, pickford has a blunder in him every game, 

But with butland, like hart he'll do well if the players in front of him do well, no surprise harts been shite since vickers went injured 

44 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The season only ended a week ago. It feels like we are getting the freebies and easy to sow up deals done now and the big money deals will happen further down the line when guys have been on their holidays and whatever. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id respectfully disagree, pickford has a blunder in him every game, 

But with butland, like hart he'll do well if the players in front of him do well, no surprise harts been shite since vickers went injured 

Does he? He’s been unreal for England and Everton for a couple of years.