General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Based on Kouame’s stats, I’d rather spend the money on Stewart 

Ross Stewart is out of contract this summer

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Or Piroe from Swansea

Wouldn't deal with Swansea after the Whittaker debacle.

16 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

We have a squad of 33 players. If we let 12 go including everyone out of contract and signed 5 that’s a 26 man squad. More than enough I think. 

I'm on about the standard of the squad, no where good enough 

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Stewart is one of the best strikers in the Championship. If Sunderland take an option on his deal to sell him it’s not so they can do it for six figures. He would still go for 4-5 million easily.

4 or 5 million for Stewart or 7 million for Kouame?

Mmmm, let me think about that :sherlock:

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Stewart is one of the best strikers in the Championship. If Sunderland take an option on his deal to sell him it’s not so they can do it for six figures. He would still go for 4-5 million easily.

From everything I've read, they're taking his option up. They are in talks over a new deal too so want that done rather than just an added year.

35 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Ross Stewart isn't going for 6 figures :lol: 

Sure sunderland value him around 8m or something. Even if forced into a sale in the last year of his deal, they'll get 4/5million

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That's before you take into account they're in with a chance of promotion

I like Ross Stewart. Think he’d be solid for us. Can’t see him going for more than 5 though unless Sunderland extended his deal more than a year. (Doubt he will).

End of the day he is turning 27 and only played 13 matches in the championship. With the rest in spl and league one. And 2 injuries this season (hamstring and Achilles). With Achilles injuries being particularly prone to subsequent problems. 

But it’s the championship so who knows. Best market in the world for paying over the odds. Interesting that Patrick Roberts and Diallo both up for their poty 

If Lawrence and Hagi have a good pre season then that's 2 decent additions to the squad at no extra cost.

I don't think that Davies is going to make it with us so another central defender will be required. Plus a keeper. A solid defense is a must for next season.

I hope that both Kent and Morelos leave this summer which is where the bulk of the budget will go. Goalscorers are never cheap and we need two.

17 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If Lawrence and Hagi have a good pre season then that's 2 decent additions to the squad at no extra cost.

I don't think that Davies is going to make it with us so another central defender will be required. Plus a keeper. A solid defense is a must for next season.

I hope that both Kent and Morelos leave this summer which is where the bulk of the budget will go. Goalscorers are never cheap and we need two.

Hate the ‘will be like a new signing’ chat, but Lawrence actually will.

Think we’ll try and move Hagi on. Looks absolutely done.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No reasonable offer for Hagi will be refused. I just doubt that we will get one this summer.

32 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In the twenty minutes, you have seen of him? If he doesn't get game time in the coming weeks, then yes, he's done, but I would like a chance to see some quality minutes before judging.