Middle to Front

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Raskin 

Cifuentes Cantwell 

Lammers

Dessers Danilo

That should be it moving forward, problem is the fullback and centre back positions need addressed and will more than likely not be fixed anytime soon. 

I said similar earlier. It has to be one sitting with two box to box mids either side who can create. Cantwell did well tonight but I felt Raskin was asked to play a different role in supporting the attack and he's not that player. He's most useful sitting in front of the back 4 and taking the ball and moving us up the park.

I’d quite like to see Hagi get a run in midfield. Just not sure who to leave out for him. He’s quick in his decision making and can see a thru pass and generally goes for it, and he’s also comfortable with both feet. He will also drive forward and likes a shot.  Is he more of a 10 or since his injury could he player deeper as a proper midfielder. Felt in one of the pre-seasons games he linked well with Raskin and we looked far more attacking when he came on. 

Not been hugely impressed with Lammers. So perhaps drop him, play Cantwell as the 10 and have Raskin, Hagi and Cefuentes behind him. Just feel we could do with someone with a bit of guile in middle of park. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Raskin 

Cifuentes Cantwell 

Lammers

Dessers Danilo

That should be it moving forward, problem is the fullback and centre back positions need addressed and will more than likely not be fixed anytime soon. 

Said as much in the match thread in the build up. We have to play all the new boys now, we don’t have time for them to bed/settle in to the team slowly. Play them now and it’s sink or swim. 

Think long term he’s going for a box midfield, which seems to be growing in popularity as a midfield tactic atm.

Cifuentus Raskin

Lammers Cantwell

Think that will become clearer and a bit more obvious once Cifuentus comes into the side and starts games. Also think it’s a bit overly complex for playing through low blocks in Scottish football, but we will see.

I don’t know why people think Raskin is the player to sit deep. 

His strength is his mobility… which helps break up the oppositions play but this is better suited to a high press rather than sitting back… ultimately carrying the ball and getting us moving forward is where he is most useful to us. I don’t think he has the discipline to sit back filling in the gaps that our full backs create. We might get away with it against the dross… but I feel him playing in a sitting role would be exposed against the mhanks and in Europe. 

For how we set our team up Jack is currently the only real option for that sitting CDM position. Which isn’t ideal since he’s always a handful of games away from an injury. 

Totally agree, and it's nice to know Lawrence & Roofe will push for those spots.

I thought Jack was phenomenal, but I understand he can't play twice a week. I just don't see where Lundstram fits in now that we have Cifuentes in the mix. (I thought he was class tonight)

As for the back 4, I think it is slightly undermined. Goldson and Souttar are fantastic on their day. Borna & Tav were good yesterday, but they are aging. I would like to see more of Sterling, but it's the same old Tav argument. He will start on Saturday no matter what.

Lammers is quite clearly a good player on a technical level… but I’m still to be convinced that he’s going to be a success in Scotland where grafters can look like world beaters. I think he will become a marmite signing…

Cifuentes - Jack - Raskin

———— Cantwell

——-Danilo - Dessers

It’s not even a case of Cantwell being a traditional 10. He’s perfect in a free role… which is extremely effective against a low block. Cifuentes and Raskin playing Box to box roles with Jack cutting out the passing lanes and covering the wingbacks.

The striker positions are still very much up for debate too… but given the outlay we need to give these 2 the opportunity to gel. 

Whilst plenty will argue that celtic didn’t try… we skelped them with this midfield.

Lundstram - Jack - Raskin

Cantwell

Even though he’s played next to no minutes I’m pretty confident Cifu is a significant upgrade over Lundstram

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Totally agree, and it's nice to know Lawrence & Roofe will push for those spots.

I thought Jack was phenomenal, but I understand he can't play twice a week. I just don't see where Lundstram fits in now that we have Cifuentes in the mix. (I thought he was class tonight)

As for the back 4, I think it is slightly undermined. Goldson and Souttar are fantastic on their day. Borna & Tav were good yesterday, but they are aging. I would like to see more of Sterling, but it's the same old Tav argument. He will start on Saturday no matter what.

I thought Jack was phenomenal.

Amazing how folk see the game , I thought Jack was fuckin terrible constantly giving the ball away.