Changes To Euro Squad

rossco87

Think we are able to make 3 changes to the European squad ahead of next week. Assuming we are not going to bring anyone in over the weekend who would you swap in to the squad (and for who)?

Current Squad

Butland

McCrorie

Wright

Tavernier

Yılmaz

Souttar

Goldson

Sterling

Balogun

Barišić

King

Lundstram

Hagi

Jack

Cifuentes

Dowell

Raskin

Cantwell

Dessers

Lammers

Sima

Wright

Danilo

I would be tempted to swap Matondo for Sima. Matondo hasn’t done much in his time here apart from a couple of brief flashes, but not seeing anything really from Sima yet either and Matondo’s pace could be a benefit.

Depending on where they both are fitness wise I would also be thinking about swapping Roofe for Dessers. Might only be for Roofe to be used as a sub late on but think he offers far more than Dessers has so far and if we are chasing the game would rather be looking to Roofe to find us a moment of magic than Dessers.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Id drop Balogun out for Matondo now that King is fit, we need to find a place for Roofe as well.

I had missed King, must’ve been mixed in with all the U21 players. Now added him to the list as think he is essentially part of the 1st team squad as you say.

Balogun dropping out to free up a space for a forward would make sense as Beale trusted Sterling in there tonight as part of the back 3 ahead of him. It would allow us to swap out Sima for Roofe.

2 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Roofe in, King out.  I'd also ship King out on loan, he is not going to get a game this season.

That doesn’t work. King is part of the club trained criteria. If we take him out that space has to be taken by someone else that meets the criteria or just left empty.