The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

5 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

We've been linked to an Australian manager by a credible Australian source, the Birmingham manager by the newspaper in Birmingham and a manager who most recently left a London club by a London based journalist. He's on the brink of losing his job.

Wonder if the board don’t want to be seen to be sacking him on the basis of an OF defeat so they’re waiting until after the weekend or Betis to do it?

Makes no sense, but very little of this board’s previous actions make sense.

Only other thought is that we’re waiting to hear back from somebody like Muscat before pulling the trigger.

19 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Anyone else see something mad happening like a new manager coming in but Beale retaining a role as an assistant manager or a coach 

Nope, will ruin any chance he'll ever have at being a manager again, resigning via mutual agreement is better than being demoted when you think about it

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Wonder if the board don’t want to be seen to be sacking him on the basis of an OF defeat so they’re waiting until after the weekend or Betis to do it?

Makes no sense, but very little of this board’s previous actions make sense.

Only other thought is that we’re waiting to hear back from somebody like Muscat before pulling the trigger.

At least that approach is better than sack him and worry about who’s next later.

30 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

The only thing I can think of is that the board have told him he’ll be sacked after this weekend or until we find a new manager, but then why would Beale agree to that and not just go immediately?

The Instagram stuff and us talking to other managers doesn’t seem to make any sense unless Beale knew he was leaving soon.

Because he would have to quit and lose any pay off? 

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

At least that approach is better than sack him and worry about who’s next later.

It’s the only thing that sort of makes sense as to why we’re speaking to other managers but haven’t sacked Beale yet.

Even then, it must be a bit mortifying for Beale.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There’s clearly work being done in the background, and even though I don’t think Beale is the long term answer, I think we are correct to do our due diligence on candidates we have identified before we make any change. 

Agreed:

Not sounding people out - board being negligent

Sounding people out - going behind Beale’s back

🤷‍♂️

I think we'll wait till Christmas / New Year to see where we are . 

But if they are planning on a change , then you're going to have someone in place before letting him go which will take time .

Either way I'm not surprised we're not hearing anything right now . 

23 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It’s the only thing that sort of makes sense as to why we’re speaking to other managers but haven’t sacked Beale yet.

Can’t be great for him but I suppose it depends on what discussions they’ve had in the background.

e.g. If he’s been told they back him but there naturally must be a big improvement or they’ll be forced to move.

Good to know there is work going on, at least it means they know it’s unacceptable. If we turn a corner and thump at Johnstone, thump betis and so on then no harm done and he can’t complain as he was part of that process when Gio was in charge.

If the players don’t rate him or buy into his tactics they can throw him under the bus now, I guess we’ll find out at the weekend.

53 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Doubt he'll be mortified given how he got the job in the first place

50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't change managers until a DOF is in place. A DOF with football brains. I wouldn't trust the board (businessmen) to make the right call about who the next manager is.

We are going about this the wrong way. 

Do you trust the board to hire a DoF with football brains, because a DoF needs to be much much more than football brains, 

57 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

When it happens, I hope he finds out that he's been canned by us parading his successor at half time in front of him. 

As wanky as this was by him it’s just as alarming that our board facilitated that situation. 

2 hours ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

must be sounding out candidates, hopefully Almeyda is being discussed.

apparently we've only got 24 hrs to talk to him

1 hour ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Prick.

uncalled for imo, normally aye but at least this time he was just telling you about something on follow follow