The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i think potter is one of the favourites for the england job 

International management is usually a nail in the coffin for domestic careers though.

I think Potter has more ambition and would like to be busier than being England manager.

Not saying us btw, but he's better than the England job.

54 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We had nineteen managers in our history at that point, which is amazing. Since McCoist in 2011, we have had eleven managers including interims. Our current board and recent past boards have a terrible track record of hiring.

Hire a DOF.

Souness :tu:

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

No that’s billy Davies 

Think he was linked to us at one point a while back though can’t remember exactly when, Could you imagine the circus that would have ensued if that had actually come to fruition 😂

2 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Well he would not accept this shit for a start

Accept what? If a DOF comes in doing the exact same role as Wilson then souness has been out the game that long, whether he accepts “this shit” or not he’s so far out out he will be of no use to us 

35 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

International management is usually a nail in the coffin for domestic careers though.

I think Potter has more ambition and would like to be busier than being England manager.

Not saying us btw, but he's better than the England job.

He’s better than the biggest job possible for him?

6 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Souness :tu:

I believe Souness twenty years ago, maybe even ten years ago would have been great, but not now. I'm pretty sure Bisgrove already interviewed him recently.

Giving Beale double responsibility was naive. As I said before, successes and failures shouldn't lay at the feet of one man.

We need a DOF. The club is too big for one man to recruit and coach.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Lol Souness, you do know he said last night Maddison is a better player than Bellingham 

Did you hear the guy who called up talksport? said Gilmour was better than Bellingham. They've been ripping the guy all day 🤣

31 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Not sure why people say 'he wouldn't accept shit' when talking about Souness being DoF.

Just so you know, giving the players a slap isn't in the job criteria for a DoF. 

It's a time consuming, complex job.

Can we stop this 'get them up the Gulane sand dunes' approach to modern job roles - please.

no one is saying run the players till they are sick and seize up but a bit of steelness is needed in this team

felix magath loyal

:coolio:

18 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

no one is saying run the players till they are sick and seize up but a bit of steelness is needed in this team

felix magath loyal

:coolio:

I doubt many disagree with having a bit of 'steelness' in the team.

But it's different now than it was when Souness or others managed football Clubs, that comes from the right recruitment. Sadly very few modern footballers can have that coached into them - as we have sadly seen.