The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

34 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Press conference day today?

'I looked the players in the eye, told them what I expect, we had an open conversation, they responded well'

Something along those lines? Talks utter shite. I wouldn't trust him if he said the sky was blue.

Tomorrow isn't it?

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

4th August, 11th August, 18th August, 25th August, 1st September. Don't know how Thursdays are usually press conference day for us?

PCs have always usually been on a Thursday for us. Hadn't noticed the change this season but there ye are.

46 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Clinging on by his fingertips.

Potter apparently offered the job but declined.

Your employer openly canvassing your replacement.

No self-respect or dignity.

Just fucking go, man.

An embarrassment.

What a load of shite mate.

He has a contract, regardless of who the board is canvassing unless he’s sacked he’s perfectly entitled to continue.

Of course he’s not going to walk, what world you living in? 

3 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

What a load of shite mate.

He has a contract, regardless of who the board is canvassing unless he’s sacked he’s perfectly entitled to continue.

Of course he’s not going to walk, what world you living in? 

Not debating what he’s entitled to do, I’m pointing out what a man with self-respect would do.

If he has faith in his own abilities, tell the board how much it will cost them to buy him out and build a new career elsewhere.

Clinging on as a dead man walking until the next disaster and the inevitable sacking is undignified and tragic.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

Not debating what he’s entitled to do, I’m pointing out what a man with self-respect would do.

If he has faith in his own abilities, tell the board how much it will cost them to buy him out and build a new career elsewhere.

Clinging on as a dead man walking until the next disaster and the inevitable sacking is undignified and tragic.

Unfortunately we were the ones daft enough to give him a 4 year contract therefore we’ll need to pay up his contract when we sack him. As much as I can’t stand him I wouldn’t really expect Beale to resign and walk away from a couple of million quid.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I still think the club are sitting on their hands and this is all agent talk.

Why would potters agent make it up he's still getting paid well by Chelsea to sit in the house. His reputation down there and across Europe still remains high. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Why would potters agent make it up he's still getting paid well by Chelsea to sit in the house. His reputation down there and across Europe still remains high. 

Keeping his name out there for the next EPL manager to get the chop. The getting paid well by Chelsea stuff is obvious additions made by the media reporting it. Don't think his reputation down there is not that high. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Keeping his name out there for the next EPL manager to get the chop. The getting paid well by Chelsea stuff is obvious additions made by the media reporting it. Don't think his reputation down there is not that high. 

We will agree to disagree. I don't think he needs to use our name to get himself another EPL job. 

30 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Unfortunately we were the ones daft enough to give him a 4 year contract therefore we’ll need to pay up his contract when we sack him. As much as I can’t stand him I wouldn’t really expect Beale to resign and walk away from a couple of million quid.

Should definitely look into 1 year rolling contracts in the future or performance based contracts, instead of this 4 years pish

58 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Sorry but you don't live in the real world if you think folk are walking out on jobs for fuck all when they are entitled to millions.

Self respect 😆 Mon to fuck

Not suggesting he leaves a small fortune on the table.

But if they no longer believe in him or trust him to get it right, then he should negotiate an exit package and get a new job.

Never happened to me but fuck working for an employer who thinks you’re a failure.