The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Just now, Swagger said:

All his own doing. His rebuild, he was happy with his squad, he chased Dessers etc etc. 

Hes completely fucked it, he knows it , we know it and the players probably know it. 

Better for everyone him included if he’s gone as soon as possible 

Summed up perfectly 

I don’t hate Beale, but his naïveté coming in to manage a team like Rangers has probably seen his undoing. If he would’ve just spoken about getting the job done instead of all the sound bites he would have been given some grace. He talks and contradicts and goes in circles. Loves to hear his own voice. Never a Rangers manager. It’s a huge job and I’m afraid he’s not cut for it. 

Just now, shaka said:

The biggest issue with Beale is that he's an inexperienced manager learning his trade and Rangers is not the right place for this because inexperienced managers make mistakes and learn from it.  You can't make those mistakes at Rangers.  The main people to hold accountable are those that put him in that position in the first place.  He should never have got the job with his CV and lack of success as a manager.

Fair point mate. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Him coming out and saying we don't have players available to do what he wants to do in the final 3rd while having his 3 new forward signings available is mental btw. One of the most batshit crazy things he's ever said.

Not like Beale to get caught in a lie. 

13 minutes ago, shaka said:

The biggest issue with Beale is that he's an inexperienced manager learning his trade and Rangers is not the right place for this because inexperienced managers make mistakes and learn from it.  You can't make those mistakes at Rangers.  The main people to hold accountable are those that put him in that position in the first place.  He should never have got the job with his CV and lack of success as a manager.

Good point. It’s a shame in a way because he clearly has an attachment to the club and, with his coaching skills, probably will become a decent manager when he matures a bit. There’s always talk about his press conferences and I think he says too much (or contradicts himself) because he’s genuinely excited to be in the manager’s role and can’t help it. He needs a bit of experience but this is the worst place to cut your teeth as a boss. Too much pressure. 

Just now, RossS1873 said:

Guy just talks absolute waffle every week. He continuously makes a rod for his own back with the nonsense he spouts. He's lucky he's managing to get a few results but he knows as soon as one goes wrong, the wolves will be at the door 

Hopefully Wolves fuckin sign him then ! 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Good point. It’s a shame in a way because he clearly has an attachment to the club and, with his coaching skills, probably will become a decent manager when he matures a bit. There’s always talk about his press conferences and I think he says too much (or contradicts himself) because he’s genuinely excited to be in the manager’s role and can’t help it. He needs a bit of experience but this is the worst place to cut your teeth as a boss. Too much pressure. 

His inexperience was the biggest gripe i had about Beale before he came. Circa 20 games managing QPR doesn't prepare you for the managers job here. 

I like that he has a genuine fondness for the club and has bought into what being a Ranger is, but that inexperience shows at times and i would have rather he cut his teeth properly for a few seasons, won some silverware before coming to us. 

Just felt and feels like too soon on his managerial pathway to be taking a club like us on. 

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Just seen there that Roofe is out for an 'unknown' length of time. 

He's our best striker when fit, but he's either being mismanaged or his legs are just gone.

Mismanaged IMO. He’s got proven quality, and with everybody else either looking shite of getting injured, we’ve had to play him more than his body is capable of and now it’s cost us.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Mismanaged IMO. He’s got proven quality, and with everybody else either looking shite of getting injured, we’ve had to play him more than his body is capable of and now it’s cost us.

hardly mismanaged, he was a known injury prone player when we signed him, when he was leaving leeds that was the only reason he didn't make it to a bigger club, when he's fit he's an EPL level player, he's just never fit long enough to play consistently at the elite level.