The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

27 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Sterling Goldson Souttar Barisic

Raskin

Cifuentes              Cantwell

Roofe   Danilo   Lawrence

IMO, this is the best 11 players we have with a very strong bench. Play them for three games straight MB, or die on your sword. Stop changing the team every game. They have two weeks of training to get this sorted and up to speed.

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic 

Cifuentes Raskin Lawrence 

Cantwell 

Danilo Roofe 

About the best I can come up with given the state of the squad, zero width or pace in the side.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic 

Cifuentes Raskin Lawrence 

Cantwell 

Danilo Roofe 

I could live with that. Let's face it, I dropped Tav and we both know it ain't happening.

6 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

The club not wishing him a Happy Birthday on the socials is quite telling. Usually they're quite blasé with things like that but they've obviously read the room this time.

Yep, the fact they’ve chosen not to post it suggests to me that at the very least, discussions about his future are taking place.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I could live with that. Let's face it, I dropped Tav and we both know it ain't happening.

We need our forwards to be contributing considerably more before taking Tavs attacking threat out the side, even when playing shite he’s our most dangerous and productive player, ridiculous when we’ve spent 15m on forwards 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

So if Beale goes what’s the minimum expectations for the new manager?

Treble or just a League Cup and League win? European football post Christmas too?

Or rest of the season with no expectations on trophies and allowed next summer to rebuild?

Win a cup at least but if it happens now can hope for league 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think the reaction has been so intense because a lot of people went along with him and have just realised they have been completely conned.

It's like finding out the Merc you bought has a Lada engine and the clock wound back 60,000 miles.

and the handbrake’s jammed.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Sterling Goldson Souttar Barisic

Raskin

Cifuentes              Cantwell

Roofe   Danilo   Lawrence

IMO, this is the best 11 players we have with a very strong bench. Play them for three games straight MB, or die on your sword. Stop changing the team every game. They have two weeks of training to get this sorted and up to speed.

This is the best approach. Rangers are not Hibs or Watford - chopping and changing manager every couple of months has never worked and never will. Beale needs to settle on his best team and play them for a few weeks - we may well be pleasantly surprised. A big pay off for the manager and backroom staff 4 games into the season after spending £13 million on players just isn't going to happen.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Treble or just a League Cup and League win? European football post Christmas too?

Or rest of the season with no expectations on trophies and allowed next summer to rebuild?

League cup won, back in the race for the title by Christmas and post Christmas European football would be a good start. 

No player has improved under Beale, we are forcing square pegs into round holes on the park and the tactics are not working. A different manager can address this. Not a single outfield signing is working right now.

10 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Win a cup at least but if it happens now can hope for league 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

League cup won, back in the race for the title by Christmas and post Christmas European football would be a good start. 

No player has improved under Beale, we are forcing square pegs into round holes on the park and the tactics are not working. A different manager can address this. Not a single outfield signing is working right now.

I think this season is fucked if we replace him now.

Just think it’s incredibly unlikely a manager comes in at this point with someone else’s players and wins the league.

It may well be fucked either way, but the sensible thing to do is to see how he gets on for a month or two and re-evaluate.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think this season is fucked if we replace him now.

Just think it’s incredibly unlikely a manager comes in at this point with someone else’s players and wins the league.

It may well be fucked either way, but the sensible thing to do is to see how he gets on for a month or two and re-evaluate.

You think it's more likely beale does than a new manager?

1 hour ago, Blue72 said:

Don’t disagree by the way - we were shite, beale must go asap.  But that can be true whilst noting it’s still an old firm game so never gonna be easy.  I just didn’t expect the poor poor set up yesterday.

It never is easy against them and at the end of the day they have enough experience in there squad to navigate through a bad spell, you noticed after about 20 minutes the taigs even seemed surprised at how much space and time they were being giving and decided to just go with it.

We can lose games with good performances that is just football, losing a game without ever looking like they had an ounce of fight or backbone is unacceptable but.

26 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If Beale goes right now we should be winning the league cup, clawing ourselves back into the title race and being in Europe after Christmas. 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

You think it's more likely beale does than a new manager?

At this point yes.

I’m not liking what I’m seeing from Beale either and prior to this week was as vocal as anyone on here about that. Critical of nearly every signing in the summer etc.

But I think a bit more time to see if he can turn this around is warranted.

If things don’t improve then at that point yes but this isn’t a Warburton/Pedro/Gio mauling we’ve just experienced.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

At this point yes.

I’m not liking what I’m seeing from Beale either and prior to this week was as vocal as anyone on here about that. Critical of nearly every signing in the summer etc.

But I think a bit more time to see if he can turn this around is warranted.

If things don’t improve then at that point yes but this isn’t a Warburton/Pedro/Gio mauling we’ve just experienced.

All those managers had success before in their career beale has none. All those managers were kept too long. 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If Beale goes right now we should be winning the league cup, clawing ourselves back into the title race and being in Europe after Christmas. 

And who is coming in to do that?

At this point of the season.

People (and I understand it) just want change without thinking it through.

If a new manager can’t get this lot to win the LC without having to beat the fenians should be go at that point too?

There has been a huge turnover of players, there needs to be a bit more time to see if things change. An opportunity to see if he can win the LC and compete in the Europa whilst at least keeping pace in the league. Fail on any of those three, certainly the domestic ones anyway, and then at that point pull the plug.

Butland

Sterling           Goldson          Souttar

Tav                 Cifuentes               Raskin               Barisic

Cantwell

Roofe             Danilo