***The official Rangers vs Motherwell match thread***

DiamondDan

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Show me the stat that shows the ball cleared off the line or the Butland saves. Show me the stat that shows how turgid and boring as fuck we were to watch and how uncomfortable we were at the end as expected. 

A  goalkeeper making saves? Well fuck me, that's something nobody could have expected!

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What’s odd to me is that against Hearts and Hibs away early in the year under Beale we put in arguably two of our best performances and played the best football we have done domestically in years.

That was when Beale was playing with someone else's squad. We didn't have enough strikers to play out of position. This is where he is judged. His players and his set up and it's fucking pish.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The Livingston players will be watching that dire performance and think they can knock us out of the cup on Wednesday.

Fuck, a lot of us and indeed some of our players wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Butland is keeping us in games. Rangers keepers used to have long periods of inactivity and the odd save domestically.

He is having to make multiple saves every match and Beale hasn't devised a way to give him cover yet. Amateurish management.

No doubt about it Butland saved the 3 points plus just glad Motherwell didn’t have more belief earlier or probably dropped points. But even that’s immaterial watching that you know the leagues a tall order so the league cup starts to gain priority, we better be up for it.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What’s odd to me is that against Hearts and Hibs away early in the year under Beale we put in arguably two of our best performances and played the best football we have done domestically in years.

I think that was very much down to Hibs and Hearts. They both went out to attack us and we were able to break through them quite easily and they left so much space open.

Any time a team plays more conservatively against us we don't know what to do or how to break them down.

30 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Can't really blame him. The players haven't been properly drilled to play this way and we've randomly adopted this formation midway through a game against Motherwell rather than swap an attacker for an attacker. 

Indeed. Out of fucking nowhere. From an enforced substitution of a player who came out of nowhere earlier in season but suddenly playing on a different side to accomodate Scott Wright out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That was before we signed absolute Dug Meat and lost a few decent players.

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The Livingston players will be watching that dire performance and think they can knock us out of the cup on Wednesday.

Fuck, a lot of us and indeed some of our players wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Butland is keeping us in games. Rangers keepers used to have long periods of inactivity and the odd save domestically.

He is having to make multiple saves every match and Beale hasn't devised a way to give him cover yet. Amateurish management.

Martindale was there today, the big screen picked him up. He’ll be driving along the M8 knowing the game is a genuine 50/50 on Wednesday, at Ibrox in the QF of a cup we’ve no won in 11 years. It’s fucking incredible. 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Show me the stat that shows the ball cleared off the line or the Butland saves. Show me the stat that shows how turgid and boring as fuck we were to watch and how uncomfortable we were at the end as expected. 

Remind me bud, what's a keeper's main job?

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Honestly didn’t think I’d see you defending this garbage, it’s all trending one way and we know how it ends 

It might well ennd that way and I was vehemently against Beale's appointment. Was lazy as fuck and exactly the sort of apathy that runs from  top to bottom at the club.

Moaning that a keeper made some saves is a bit fucking wild though. Literally the only thing the cunts are there to do.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Martindale was there today, the big screen picked him up. He’ll be driving along the M8 knowing the game is a genuine 50/50 on Wednesday, at Ibrox in the QF of a cup we’ve no won in 11 years. It’s fucking incredible. 

He’ll have them right up for that game in a way I doubt our team will be