Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

39 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Dont recall beale playing the tarriers twice when he dropped 9pts

If that's the attitude we may aswell give up. By your logic beale doesn't deserve slagged for not winning league cup as he played celtic where as clement played Aberdeen. We can't dismiss defeats to celtic if we actually want to win things.

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Why would I be cursing the selection of McCausland when I told you before kick off that's who I'd play right wing to accommodate the priority of a midfield 3 including Sterling?

We didn't lose because of the right position we lost because our structure and several players allowed midfield to be dominated. 

If we'd only the same players available for the cup final would you pick the same team and system? Would you expect a different outcome?

Did I say you?

27 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Not according to his chelsea youth career… hear me out… 😀

Would be happy to see him and Danny Armstrong on our right hand side next year.

Energy, work rate and strong defensively. With both capable enough of going forward.

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

He's stubborn to a fault as he's not got any players he can change until the Summer. Pumped? Away to bed now I know you're making stuff up to make you're shite point.

He's playing the same way he did at Monaco with much better players, this is his style 

Well he's been 2 down against them 3 times in a row, could've easily been 3/4 down at half time a few weeks ago & same with the game at the weekend, mixture of Butland and them missing chance after chance has stopped that.

The fact that they're a poor team this season has kept us anywhere near them, both in matches and in the table.

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We have no wide players available bar McCausland and Wright and yet we’re still shoe horning people out wide 

We should’ve packed the middle of the park on Saturday, narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. All the players able to play in their preferred position and could’ve given us a fighting chance in midfield. If we’ve no wide players back for the cup final that’s how we should be starting but we already know nothing will change 

Would that work? I don’t know but I know what won’t work is doing the same thing against them we’ve done from the start of the last 3 OF games and expecting a different result 

This

8 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Two is what they did after 55, 4 or 5 first team quality players make a huge difference to that team. Some of our players aren't getting better but they can have a part to play next to higher quality players.

Just have to make sure we hang on to the right ones!

Hard to tell which ones would do better if only they had a bit more quality alongside them.

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Would be happy to see him and Danny Armstrong on our right hand side next year.

Energy, work rate and strong defensively. With both capable enough of going forward.

I think Armstrong is a great shout. I could see him going to them if we don’t sign him and him causing us problems. 

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We definitely need to try something different for the final but taking away any width we do have is not it 

We need to flood midfield with midfielders and/or robust players. For me that's now Sterling Raskin and Diamonde. I'd even consider Jack if fit too to allow Diamonde to be the player trying to keep McGregor occupied. Up front it's hopefully Sima and then Silva/ Mccausland both playing between their fullbacks and CHs.  No CF, Cantwell or Lawrence 😳 

Defence minded as fuck 1st half then hopefully get more attackers and flair players after half time when not 2 goals down.

Not happening though, it'll be 4231 again.

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

If that's the attitude we may aswell give up. By your logic beale doesn't deserve slagged for not winning league cup as he played celtic where as clement played Aberdeen. We can't dismiss defeats to celtic if we actually want to win things.

Completely missing the point, beale dropped 9pts (only 3 against the papes) with a bigger squad not blighted by injuries, it was a honking start to the season where we wanted to lay down a marker

Clement has dropped 10pts (5 to the tarriers) with half his squad injured

Cannot compare the scenarios

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We need to flood midfield with midfielders and/or robust players. For me that's now Sterling Raskin and Diamonde. I'd even consider Jack if fit too to allow Diamonde to be the player trying to keep McGregor occupied. Up front it's hopefully Sima and then Silva/ Mccausland both playing between their fullbacks and CHs.  No CF, Cantwell or Lawrence 😳 

Defence minded as fuck 1st half then hopefully get more attackers and flair players after half time when not 2 goals down.

Not happening though, it'll be 4231 again.

Baws oot and go 352, fuck it 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Too ballsy for me 😂

I dont think it is tbh, our wide areas are a shambles, especially fullback, so just remove them from the equation, focus on two up front not allowing centre halves to stroll 40 yards up the park, 3 central mids, either side one linking up with the wingback

And 3 centre halves (infact do we have 3) to just clear the fucking ball

I genuinely think we need to get rid of fullbacks until we upgrade them defensively, every single opponent attack us in they areas knowing we are a shambles there

Just dying to see us try something new and different 

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

I dont think it is tbh, our wide areas are a shambles, especially fullback, so just remove them from the equation, focus on two up front not allowing centre halves to stroll 40 yards up the park, 3 central mids, either side one linking up with the wingback

And 3 centre halves (infact do we have 3) to just clear the fucking ball

I genuinely think we need to get rid of fullbacks until we upgrade them defensively, every single opponent attack us in they areas knowing we are a shambles there

Just dying to see us try something new and different 

We'd play Tav and Barisic as 2 of our back 3 😂

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

So let Maeda and Forest have even more room than they had on Saturday down the wings?

Beale ruined us completely by removing our width. That lot as shite as they have been this season are too balanced at full strength for us to risk removing whatever width we can muster up

Not saying it would’ve definitely worked and still isn’t exactly ideal. But had more chance of working than the same old. Would’ve allowed us to press their centre backs and their keeper more which is ultimately their weakness

11 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We have no wide players available bar McCausland and Wright and yet we’re still shoe horning people out wide 

We should’ve packed the middle of the park on Saturday, narrow 4-3-1-2 formation. All the players able to play in their preferred position and could’ve given us a fighting chance in midfield. If we’ve no wide players back for the cup final that’s how we should be starting but we already know nothing will change 

Would that work? I don’t know but I know what won’t work is doing the same thing against them we’ve done from the start of the last 3 OF games and expecting a different result 

I said the exact same thing saturday, I don’t see anything else we could do to get some kind of result.

My fear is, Clement will likely stick to his 4231 and say he can do no miracle with injuries and levels of his players.