Goldson

MacBoyd

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

What really annoyed me yesterday was ridvan was clearly really struggling at them but we kept him on them 

To be fair mate, I reckon we could have much better corners in but still wouldn't score. From memory Katie and helander were always a threat. Not out current two.

Butcher turned Mcherson into a player.

Gough turned several into players.

Goldson is our best but everyone around him gets fucked over.

He refuses to get fucked in were it hurts. Very seldom actually hurt.

That leaving it to go across the 6 yards or turning back on is criminal 

5 hours ago, Southsider said:

I'm not a massive fan of Goldson, but I don't think either Balogun or Souttar are actually better.

This is, fundamentally, the problem - he IS our best defender.  And yet...

This.

He's not brilliant and is prone to having very bad days but he's significantly better than all the other options we have. We need at least two first pick contender CH's in the summer.

1 hour ago, Blacky Bear said:

Butcher turned Mcherson into a player.

Gough turned several into players.

Goldson is our best but everyone around him gets fucked over.

He refuses to get fucked in were it hurts. Very seldom actually hurt.

That leaving it to go across the 6 yards or turning back on is criminal 

Fucking outrageous a player doesn't go out their way to get hurt...

44 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fucking outrageous a player doesn't go out their way to get hurt...

Figure of speech

Never pull out never get muscled or out fought.

Never turn your back, it's only a baw.

8 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

To be fair mate, I reckon we could have much better corners in but still wouldn't score. From memory Katie and helander were always a threat. Not out current two.

Ffs Goldson has had 3 free headers that he should have score in 2 games. Those go in and nobody cares.

4 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Figure of speech

Never pull out never get muscled or out fought.

Never turn your back, it's only a baw.

He's made plenty errors but ffs digging him up for not going out to get injured is fucking low tbh.

Figure of speech my arse

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's made plenty errors but ffs digging him up for not going out to get injured is fucking low tbh.

Figure of speech my arse

We will never agree on the phrase of in were it hurts. One of they things that we agree to disagree and move on.

Unfortunately had a lot of time in my hands last few weeks, so watched loads of YouTube and RTV what jumped out like a sore thumb noting I was not deliberately focusing on him, is his errors, blaim game, positioning, being bullied out muscled and a hell of a lot of misses with some real sitters.

I do agree he is our best but I want better.

We have had some real donkeys since 2012, he is miles above most if not all. But again I expect and want better. Be an example, Leadership and the benchmark.

Question, who was battering in the door for his signature more so when a freebie Jan 22. Anyone decent he was off.

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Figure of speech my arse

He does not defend the way plenty do, he does not put his body on the line. That is nothing to do with not going out to get injured, he rarely blocks a ball. Best cb at Rangers yes, good defender no. The two things are separate and distinct 

8 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

We will never agree on the phrase of in were it hurts. One of they things that we agree to disagree and move on.

Unfortunately had a lot of time in my hands last few weeks, so watched loads of YouTube and RTV what jumped out like a sore thumb noting I was not deliberately focusing on him, is his errors, blaim game, positioning, being bullied out muscled and a hell of a lot of misses with some real sitters.

I do agree he is our best but I want better.

We have had some real donkeys since 2012, he is miles above most if not all. But again I expect and want better. Be an example, Leadership and the benchmark.

Question, who was battering in the door for his signature more so when a freebie Jan 22. Anyone decent he was off.

“In where it hurts” literally means to throw yourself into a challenge that could possibly hurt, there’s no room to disagree with that being it’s meaning :lol:

You think a player like Souness or Hurlock would be good in 2024 Rangers don’t you?

29 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

He does not defend the way plenty do, he does not put his body on the line. That is nothing to do with not going out to get injured, he rarely blocks a ball. Best cb at Rangers yes, good defender no. The two things are separate and distinct 

He rarely blocks a ball?

I think Goldson could improve on a lot but that’s just nonsense what you have posted there. I can think of times at the weekend he literally moved to block shots.

As I write this I can think of countless times he’s threw his whole body in front of shots, there’s actually one of those occasions celtic fans are obsessed with because they’re convinced he handled the ball as he went down :lol:

36 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Come on ffs 😂

On 03/03/2024 at 15:52, AGM_72 said:

Wasn't at fault for any of the goals but still managed to put in a horrendous performance. Hasn't been up to standard for the last month or so.

Second goal was massively on him as he isnt actually aware of anything behind him or he'd have seen tav with 3 then 2 men while he saunters about our box with no striker to mark

3 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Ffs the guys not a robot, players can't play their best in every game or certainly not at our level. 

He's our best CB and although he can be frustrating he's still been solid this season. 

Not performing well is one thing, but actively being bullied by a jobber is another and happens too often for us tbh

We havent had a proper no nonsense, commanding centre half since admin happened, souttar is as close to it as we've had but he's not good enough consistently to be it

Goldson has many good attributes for us both on and off the ball, but when he comes up against a battering ram he's always a concern