*****The Official Rangers v FC Copenhagen Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

First 25 mins were decent , we fell off after that. 

Silva was a positive i think, however i think i think he will be best in a 10 rather than our main striker. 

Matondo took his goal well and thought ridvan was decent.

Tav looked really off it tonight , dunno if he has a knock or something . 

Set pieces were rough as well. 

26 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He was genuinely world class. I haven't seen a talent as good as Laudrup play for us (though i've said a few times i wish i'd seen Cooper play). 

Gazza was a maverick, and brilliant, but Laudrup was so consistent. 

At his peak he apparently wouldn’t get a game ahead of Jonny Hayes and Niall McGinn though.

Absolute cracker from Mitre 😂

Won’t read too much into these bounce games.

The way I see Clement’s start is he’s rightly simplified Beale’s over complicated nonsense, and gone more direct both in terms of getting the ball up the park in fewer passes and playing more long balls. 

That only gets you so far though. Needs to get more out of a few and/or bring in three or four clear upgrades.

16 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

First 25 mins were decent , we fell off after that. 

Silva was a positive i think, however i think i think he will be best in a 10 rather than our main striker. 

Matondo took his goal well and thought ridvan was decent.

Tav looked really off it tonight , dunno if he has a knock or something . 

Set pieces were rough as well. 

Agree with most of that but thought Ridvan was poor.    Raskin was well off the pace as well.  

27 minutes ago, don logan said:

You've seen him play 19 minutes competitively and in a couple of bounce games. From that you've made your mind up we can get better than a guy Wolves were happy to spunk 35 million on?

seeing as your quoting him as a £35 million player don't you think a £35 million player should have easily done far better tonight

surely he would have been a stand out not only in our team but on the pitch as a whole

46 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think some younger Bears genuinely don't realise how astonishing this guy was. Was an absolute privilege to watch a player of his calibre play for us, and amazing that we signed him. Would be an 80m plus player today. 

He scored a similar but even better goal against Aberdeen. 

Probably the only player in my lifetime who would have got a game for any team on the planet at the time they played for us.

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

seeing as your quoting him as a £35 million player don't you think a £35 million player should have easily done far better tonight

surely he would have been a stand out not only in our team but on the pitch as a whole

It just isnt as simple as that. He was initially deployed as out centre forward. He had fuck all service so started coming deep to receive the ball. He had some very nice bits of play when he did. You could have Ronaldo standing up front on his own and the outcome would have been more or less the same.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Astonished we haven’t moved to get more attacking options in. Absolutely dreadful relying on some of these diddies when we’re in a genuine title race. 

Think this is our lowest goals per game going back to the 17/18 season.

Butland’s been great and the starting back 4 is actually pretty decent with some good cdm  options. 

But the front 4 as a group are as poor as we’ve had for years.

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

It just isnt as simple as that. He was initially deployed as out centre forward. He had fuck all service so started coming deep to receive the ball. He had some very nice bits of play when he did. You could have Ronaldo standing up front on his own and the outcome would have been more or less the same.

it is as simple as that this is Rangers v copenhagen you'd expect a £35 million player to be able to pick up the ball and show his worth in fact im sure ronaldo has done that a few times before

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

it is as simple as that this is Rangers v copenhagen you'd expect a £35 million player to be able to pick up the ball and show his worth in fact im sure ronaldo has done that a few times before

You wanted him to come back to the middle of the park and the skin the whole FCK team? Im sure Ronaldo has done that at some point, but its not something you see every day.. 35 million or not. Remember also, that FCK got out of a group containing Bayern, Man utd and Galatasaray. They are no mugs.

5 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You wanted him to come back to the middle of the park and the skin the whole FCK team? Im sure Ronaldo has done that at some point, but its not something you see every day.. 35 million or not. Remember also, that FCK got out of a group containing Bayern, Man utd and Galatasaray. They are no mugs.

your the one bringing in ronaldo its been seen a few times hes won games on his own 

but all of that has nothing to do with my point the poster is saying hes a £35 million player if you cant see that a £35 million player doesn't stand out in there tonight then i cant help you

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Silva was decent, only concern would be how far from goal he was but his link up play and work rate was decent 

hes not a striker you saw that as he was running for goal he didnt even look up at goal he was more interested in passing it to someone else

right now i'd play him instead of cantwell as he seems to be a shadow of what we saw in him and silva seems a more attacking player

9 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

WHY don’t we take in swinging corners??? Far far more chance of scoring from them! 

34.9% of inswinging crosses from corners led to a shot in that passage of play, compared to a very healthy 44.4% of outswingers. But 4.2% of inswingers led to a goal in the ensuing phase of play, compared to 4.1% of outswingers.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

34.9% of inswinging crosses from corners led to a shot in that passage of play, compared to a very healthy 44.4% of outswingers. But 4.2% of inswingers led to a goal in the ensuing phase of play, compared to 4.1% of outswingers.

Expecting a goal off any corner is mental. People argue about the exact percentage but it's definitely less than 5%.

1 hour ago, Kents_Hook said:

lets just say here are his highlights tonight...........

Silva was arguably our best outfield player tonight. Some of his passes were excellent. However he had no service as a striker.

People saying Ridvan was poor. Must have watched a different match as I thought he was pretty good.

26 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

your the one bringing in ronaldo its been seen a few times hes won games on his own 

but all of that has nothing to do with my point the poster is saying hes a £35 million player if you cant see that a £35 million player doesn't stand out in there tonight then i cant help you

He didnt stand out, you are right, but he had absolutely nothing to work with. That is a fact. 35 million or not, he cannot magically make the midfield get the ball up to him. 

Silva was the best player by a mile. He's not a striker, that's clear to see, but he is skilful. Would love to see him with Danilo in April or hopefully next season.

Whoever is giving out the MOTM is a joke.