*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

Just now, MisterC said:

Lunny, Diomande and Sterling as the midfield 3 and a front 3 of Cantwell on the right, Dessers thru the middle and Lawrence on t'left

Yep, I’m going that way too. 

Plenty power & a bit of craft. 

4 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Can’t see Diamonde not starting tbh, he’s been working well with Lundstram for a while now & seems to be one of the managers favourites.  

I think Diomande gives us the right balance in midfield. It’s our home game we really need to win and he’s shown already he isn't afraid to shoot from distance. He’s more of a goal threat from midfield. It’s our 10 most likely Cantwell that has to be in around McGregor. (If he even makes it).

Their midfield players O’Riley, Hatate, McGrgeor, Bernardo.. are attacking minded players and don’t offer too much protection.

They’ve been punished by teams who have run the channels against them and with pace. Or dispossessed them in midfield and had a run at their defence.

Not sure a front 3 of Lawrence, Cantwell + Dessers exploits their weaknesses. 

I think he’ll go Lundstrum+Diomande holding in midfield. Cantwell CAM, Matondo on the left and Sterling on the right either side of Dessers.

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Their midfield players O’Riley, Hatate, McGrgeor, Bernardo.. are attacking minded players and don’t offer too much protection.

They’ve been punished by teams who have run the channels against them and with pace. Or dispossessed them in midfield and had a run at their defence.

Not sure a front 3 of Lawrence, Cantwell + Dessers exploits their weaknesses. 

I think he’ll go Lundstrum+Diomande holding in midfield. Cantwell CAM, Matondo on the left and Sterling on the right either side of Dessers.

I think he'll use Matondo off the bench.

Most likely Silva or Lawrence on the left

51 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Kind of torn here. I mean I'd like us to get a penalty, no question about it. 

Would also like to see that daft prick lose a grand.

Will happily take a penalty if that is what it takes to win the game. Better to win without one though. Best scenario would be a 2-1 or3-1 with their goal being a real dodgy penalty. Might shut then up for once, then again probably wouldn't. 

11 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Will happily take a penalty if that is what it takes to win the game. Better to win without one though. Best scenario would be a 2-1 or3-1 with their goal being a real dodgy penalty. Might shut then up for once, then again probably wouldn't. 

Don't care how we win it, they'll find the controversy in it somehow. 

Scummiest fans and club on the planet. Always cheated, never defeated

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz (if fit, if not it will be Barisic)

Lundstram Diomande

Sterling Cantwell Lawrence

Dessers

That appears as 4-2-3-1 but can quickly become 4-4-2 (leaving Cantwell supporting Dessers) depending on how play is developing.

Leaves Sima, Silva, Matondo, McCausland and Roofe as attacking options, if required.