Style of team we are building

What do you think the plan is? Obviously very early days but signing very young players who all seem tall. Are we going to be a powerful set play style team like oneils celtic? I completely agree with getting legs in there but we need technical players too against a low block I hope that isn't dismissed. Vital to sign a quality cb cm and striker, do that along with what we are doing and we might have a good chance next season 

26 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

What do you think the plan is? Obviously very early days but signing very young players who all seem tall. Are we going to be a powerful set play style team like oneils celtic? I completely agree with getting legs in there but we need technical players too against a low block I hope that isn't dismissed. Vital to sign a quality cb cm and striker, do that along with what we are doing and we might have a good chance next season 

I think we're intending to absolutely overrun sides this season in the league. 

I think it is probably very difficult to nail down until later in the window. Think the reason is there are probably going to be 2 (possibly 3) waves of activity.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that the transfers we are making / being linked with ATM are predominantly cheaper deals or out of contract players as the market in general is fairly stagnant just now.

The Euros are generally going to hold up the transfer market and while we might not be directly involved in those transfers some players we are hoping to buy or sell might be held up until the market starts moving money around. Would hope that once the market generally gets moving we:

a) will get some money in for players we are hoping to move on which will then allow us to

b) start trying to bring in our main targets / players with a bit more experience 

The last “wave” might be depending on whether we make CL or EL. Honestly don’t know how we go about a full summer rebuild and effectively not knowing what are budget is going to be as CL qualification is going to be worth in the region of £30M+ to us as a club which could totally change the calibre of player we are after. Do you gamble that we are going to make it and spend accordingly (with the financial fallout if the team doesn’t gel immediately and we don’t make it) or go more conservative and if we do qualify try and add one or two more bodies at the last minute?

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Intensity, night pressing, high energy football not too unlike what the fat Aussie did for them 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Not many teams played a “low block” against us.

don’t know why this is a thing 

12 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Intensity, night pressing, high energy football not too unlike what the fat Aussie did for them 

But without the one-dimensionality which is being painfully exposed at Spurs

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

But without the one-dimensionality which is being painfully exposed at Spurs

Exposed against a far higher calibre of team than we will be facing tbf, his style of football was ideal against the shite we face unfortunately for us, we would need to adapt in Europe though. 

Indeed. We can steamroller the dross in Scotland but we need to have a more sophisticated approach in Europe, especially if we have a team full of young players which looks like the direction of travel.

We need to be the fittest side in the league. We’ve got a good chance of doing that if we recruit younger players with the right physicality. 

I expect Clement wants a side that can press high so we can turn over the ball nearer the oppositions goal. That’ll help cover if we still don’t have the level of player who can consistently unlock a packed defence (their hard to find and probably not coming to Scotland).

Id expect we’ll sign a big battering ram of a striker with pace, he seems to like that type of forward from previous clubs and I’ve always thought we should have one within the side for the bigger domestic games and Europe. Daniel Cousin is a good example of one that probably didn’t do much against the bottom 6 in the league, but was really effective in OF games and Europe.

Signing players from elite academies who want first team football hasn’t harmed us in the past with the likes of Kamara, Tilman etc. They’ll have a good technical level and likely a far better physicality than most domestic players (Scottish sides still look like men vs boys in a lot of cross-border games). We will need some Scottish trained players for European quotas, so I’d expect to see the likes of McLean, Barron, potentially McKenna join also. 

Great to see the profile of the ones we're looking at.

Get that nost managers come to Rangers knowing that their tenure won't be long and pressure applied after 1 loss and not winning straight away, so they go for what they know, more established players and dont really look to the future as they are obviously more concerned about their own future.

With the lads we've brought in/looking to bring in, it seems a change in that culture.

15 hours ago, rossco87 said:

Do you gamble that we are going to make it and spend accordingly (with the financial fallout if the team doesn’t gel immediately and we don’t make it) or go more conservative and if we do qualify try and add one or two more bodies at the last minute?

We can't gamble - if anything, our previous form and wasting money on duffers says absolutely not. We need to be sustainable and the challenge is building a team while competing and fans remaining patient.