Retro Gers gear (DHgate)

One of the things that I find really frustrating from our store is the limited range of vintage shirt replicas. I’ve got the 3 or 4 we offer but there is loads more I would like. Particularly the Adidas stuff mid 90s. We just don’t make it though. I’ve read about this DHgate which seems to have them all but seems very dodgy and I really don’t know if it’s a lot of shite. Anyone got any experience? 

Just now, B1872 said:

There’s a cracking website I seen the other day for genuine retro kits. Some are pretty dear right enough.

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/Rangers.html?product_list_order=price_desc

That’s where I get a lot of mine

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Aye there’s some crackers. Loved that away top. Reminds me of Gazza.

IMG_5278.png

I got that shirt from there. Was 200 quid I paid I think, wasn’t brand new with tags though. Was rated 9/10 in terms of quality and tbf there’s not a mark on it 

There's a reason that Rangers can't just pump out loads of replicas from years gone by. Particularly from the nineties, Nike & Adidas.

It's quite a simple, nothing fancy, boring reason.

Licensing. We can't. 

We'd have to enter into partnerships with Nike, Adidas etc to be able to sell fully licensed replica's from that era. You'll notice on the Rangers website, the replicas we do have, look a bit shit because the kit supplier badge is purposely left off.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

There's a reason that Rangers can't just pump out loads of replicas from years gone by. Particularly from the nineties, Nike & Adidas.

Licensing. We can't. 

We'd have to enter into partnerships with Nike, Adidas etc to be able to sell fully licensed replica's from that era. You'll notice on the Rangers website, the replicas we do have look a bit shit because the kit supplier badge is purposely left off.

Frustrating though, I was in Benfica shop a few years back and they could basically buy any too (retro version) for the last 30 years.

6 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Frustrating though, I was in Benfica shop a few years back and they could basically buy any too (retro version) for the last 30 years.

I know it's frustrating. For example this:Screenshot_20240613-095730.thumb.png.014e3724b26cf6a7eb0a1577fcb61bb9.png

Doesn't look right compared to this.

0_Paul-Gascoigne-of-Rangers.thumb.jpg.c624aac927b5808512ab5da24ad7d2dd.jpg

Also with Benfica, they've had Adidas since the early 90s, they're already in partnership with Adidas so can keep pumping out retro stuff.

14 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

It’s common sense. Castore is our kit supplier, not adidas. 

The DH gate stuff genuinely is a lot of shite.

I bought the first Nike white away top thinking I had done something really clever.

The detail of the shield badge was absolutely honking, and the black bars that came up from the bottom weren’t the correct length. It was embarrassingly inaccurate.

Fired it straight in the bin.

a1b926e9-1aa3-42f6-a88a-273eb782168a.jpeg

e77e4ea9-581d-4f25-b7fd-6c32088f9472.jpeg

IMG_5646.png

58 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I know it's frustrating. For example this:Screenshot_20240613-095730.thumb.png.014e3724b26cf6a7eb0a1577fcb61bb9.png

Doesn't look right compared to this.

0_Paul-Gascoigne-of-Rangers.thumb.jpg.c624aac927b5808512ab5da24ad7d2dd.jpg

Also with Benfica, they've had Adidas since the early 90s, they're already in partnership with Adidas so can keep pumping out retro stuff.

Is that the club selling an Adidas two stripe? Grim

1 minute ago, Amato said:

Is that the club selling an Adidas two stripe? Grim

To be fair it’s for babies- you’ll not see anyone walking about with one of them full size.

7 minutes ago, Bydo said:

To be fair it’s for babies- you’ll not see anyone walking about with one of them full size.

There are adults versions of other tops, they're also missing kit supplier etc.

It just looks kinda tacky if we don't have the licences tbh, like cutting about in a fake.

Suppose they are fakes to be honest, just club certified ones.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Licensing. We can't. 

We'd have to enter into partnerships with Nike, Adidas etc to be able to sell fully licensed replica's from that era. You'll notice on the Rangers website, the replicas we do have, look a bit shit because the kit supplier badge is purposely left off.

The long anticipatory build up to the captain obvious licensing answer cracked me up here :lol: