graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t think anybody is “crying” about it at all, but take a step back and it looks like it’s part of a bigger shitshow going on at the club.

The CEO leaves with next to no notice, granted it’s a great opportunity for him, but it came out of nowhere.

The head of academy leaves with next to no notice, again a decent opportunity, but he was only with us for a year before leaving.

The captain (who’s in his testimonial year), VC and our most “talented” attacking midfielder all decide to leave at the same time, and if you listen to Clement, Cantwell in particular is choosing to leave, he wasn’t asked to.

The manager is throwing players under the bus, making mindless tactical decisions and giving off a vibe of self preservation. A week after the manager said every player is available for transfer apart from Butland then his first team coach is coming out in a post match interview saying it’s vital that Tav is at the club next season, so why is there a contradiction in soundbites among the staff?

And then there’s the stadium debacle.

Something absolutely stinks at the moment, and it’s not one single thing causing it. The whole atmosphere and environment seems rotten and there seems to be a disconnect at all levels and ultimately the only people who are going to suffer is us, the supporters, until it bottoms out and can’t go any other way but up.

If it was any other club you would be pissing yourself laughing at how much of a mess it is.

The board knew that he had circulated his CV around other clubs months before he left. 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why isn’t he starting the players we are keeping though with the league starting next weekend?

He should be trying to get as many minutes into the legs of players like Cortes, Sterling, Barron etc as he can, but he’s starting randomly selected teams of shite 

We aren’t getting rid of everyone and he will know who he wants to keep and who’s staying so he should be focused on them. 

Diomande and Barron have played 45 in most games, Sterling has already been injured the pre-season and Cortes is coming back from a big injury.

He's probably hammered them fitness wise in training making up for 2 preseasons of kick-abouts. Although I would say one of my criticisms of him is too much rotation.

He doesn't know who is staying though, we've got guys like Goldson who fuck off to Cyprus for talks then comes back ready to play before deciding he will leave the morning of the friendly. The big issue is he can't have other players come in until people are out the door(I hope). So he has to be ready to use the whole squad.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Diomande and Barron have played 45 in most games, Sterling has already been injured the pre-season and Cortes is coming back from a big injury.

He's probably hammered them fitness wise in training making up for 2 preseasons of kick-abouts. Although I would say one of my criticisms of him is too much rotation.

He doesn't know who is staying though, we've got guys like Goldson who fuck off to Cyprus for talks then comes back ready to play before deciding he will leave the morning of the friendly. The big issue is he can't have other players come in until people are out the door(I hope). So he has to be ready to use the whole squad.

He should be starting our current best 11 together though, whoever that is. Not playing them at random times during 90 minutes when we are already behind and looking awful.

We are going into our league opener at Hearts with no structure to our side. It is insane management 

Hopefully we see who the starting 11 are on Saturday. 

I am as vocal as anyone on what style- tactics - pressing - attacking interplay - exploring other teams weaknesses. 

I really want Clement to do well and for everything to click - same as the majority. 

I thought we would sign big players ans over power teams being direct with fast transitions and pressing as a team - just not seeing it.

The pressing is shockingly bad - huge gaps.  He mentions the Ten a lot attacking but defensively really bad. 

I get it's pre season get mins in everyone's legs but there is no way at least 5 of last night will get many if any minutes so why we getting them game time - do it first game of pre season.

The serial losers leaving I am not concerned with if Clement actually wanted them away-  who starts Tav and Goldson (plan last night) when you apparantly want them away. 

He can't really want scott Wright to play each week - play at 10.

Play the exact squad you want to be here.

Is that the team that started against Man u.

Butland,Sterling, Soutter, Davies, Jefte,Dio,Barron,Wright, Lawrence, Cortez, Dessers.

Then the interview naming players who want away and underperformed not the wisest of things from an experienced manager.

Leaves us all confused and then creating narratives.   

The whole thing is all over the shop from top to bottom. The fact everyone can't see it (or choose not to) is ridiculous. It doesn't help that threads on other forums calling it out get chopped. Bennett will be sitting shitting himself on how he worms his way out of this nonsense. The fans deserve better 

The players all need minutes but there also needs to be a degree of consistency in team selections so that the understandings improve and players get to know dynamics of each other's play.

We've now got 1 game to go before competitive football and I just don't think his selections have helped at all.

It's like a vomit of names on paper results in the team selection. Followed by a vomit of a performance on the pitch.

No more fucking about. This weekend starting 11 needs to be the team he anticipates starting versus Hearts.

We’re in serious trouble but this time when the trigger is pulled on Clement, the board have to go as well. 

We can’t continue with board members who have hired almost a third of the permanent managers in our history in the past 8 years. They are clueless. 

This is also worse than the whole getting back phase as well. We actually got back and for 18 months won a league, scottish cup, reached a euro final and made almost £100m in the process. From that to this in over 2 years is frightening and has again set us back years when we should either be winning the league or at least sharing them. 

Nobody in that club has sat down and thought what will this club look like in 5-10 years and how do we want it to look. It’s all short terminism, hope it works out now punts. In 6 years that will be 18 years since administration and 11 years since Gerrard came in. I wonder what the excuse will be then for 1-2 titles in 11 seasons will be. 

If he doesn't sign at least 2 centre backs in this window he deserves all that's coming to him, goldson will be off, balogun 36 and a back up leaves us with souttar and Davies and both are injury prone and tbh not that good either, this for me should be the priority. 

45 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He should be starting our current best 11 together though, whoever that is. Not playing them at random times during 90 minutes when we are already behind and looking awful.

We are going into our league opener at Hearts with no structure to our side. It is insane management 

We don't even know which ones are even going to be here though?

We wanted a manager to do a clear-out, we got one and now we're regretting it in the middle of it.

7 minutes ago, the old guard said:

If he doesn't sign at least 2 centre backs in this window he deserves all that's coming to him, goldson will be off, balogun 36 and a back up leaves us with souttar and Davies and both are injury prone and tbh not that good either, this for me should be the priority. 

You do get he doesn't make the deals?

9 minutes ago, the old guard said:

He’s not in charge of signings at all.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We don't even know which ones are even going to be here though?

We wanted a manager to do a clear-out, we got one and now we're regretting it in the middle of it.

I’m not regretting the clear out at all. I’ve made it pretty clear what my concerns are and it’s not the clear out 

32 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’re in serious trouble but this time when the trigger is pulled on Clement, the board have to go as well. 

We can’t continue with board members who have hired almost a third of the permanent managers in our history in the past 8 years. They are clueless. 

This is also worse than the whole getting back phase as well. We actually got back and for 18 months won a league, scottish cup, reached a euro final and made almost £100m in the process. From that to this in over 2 years is frightening and has again set us back years when we should either be winning the league or at least sharing them. 

Nobody in that club has sat down and thought what will this club look like in 5-10 years and how do we want it to look. It’s all short terminism, hope it works out now punts. In 6 years that will be 18 years since administration and 11 years since Gerrard came in. I wonder what the excuse will be then for 1-2 titles in 11 seasons will be. 

This part is so hard to stomach. We should have been in such a strong position after 55 and the europa league final. 

Instead we've regressed so badly it's unreal. 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m not regretting the clear out at all. I’ve made it pretty clear what my concerns are and it’s not the clear out 

Mate I’ve got concerns about his tactics, but he doesn’t even have an 11 he could play just now that wouldn’t have the same issues as today.

We’ve got Danilo and Cortes both working back from long term injuries. Diomande has started pretty much every game and the rest have been bargain basement signings like Nsiala and Jefte.

Looks like some have skipped the glass-half-empty stage and just smashed their glass straight on the floor.

I hope we're all pleasantly surprised when the season kicks off. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The board knew that he had circulated his CV around other clubs months before he left. 

Really? That makes it even more concerning we haven’t replaced him yet. 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Lose to Hearts and Kiev and the honeymoon is over.

it may only be preseason, but the player's confidence looks low. He's got nine days to change the atmosphere. A couple of good signings (not projects) could be the medicine required. Here's hoping because that first half was as bad as any time since 2012.

I'd throw in the scum as well and it wouldn't just be honeymoon over more a case of your sacked 😂

I think he's been given a horrendous situation to deal with however in terms of tactics etc that's all in him and we are very poorly coached both on and off the ball space everywhere especially out wide. 

His man U line and who he puts out at the weekend I think gives the best indication on who he wants and will play.

Butland, Sterling, Soutter,Davies,Jefte, Dio, Barron, Lawrence, Wright , Cortes,Dessers 

Playing anyone that wants away is madness and zero benefit to anyone I.e Tav, Goldson.

Playing the reserves/kids this close to go live again was a mistake -  unless he explained the senior pros left out are all right up to speed- we know they are not.

Let's hold fire till after the weekend- yeah it looks shit from the outside but was going to be tough to get rid of the core group.

Made headway with Roofe, Barisic, Jack, Lundstrum, Mccg , McCrorie. 

Tougher to remove the Capitan and vice Capitan and our (in his eyes only) *best player Cantwell. 

Tactics and formations and pressing and general play is poor , but let's wait till we see the team he moves forward with - one's he believes in and that want to be here. 

Probably a really shit dressing room just now with senior pros being forced out- rightly in most of our eyes. Their time is up.