graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

The system needs changing. We need to ditch the #10. He openly admitted this when he hung Alex Lowry out to dry in the post-match interview. Lawrence, Cantwell, Hagi, and Lowry are all decent players, but they have shown limitations in playing the #10 role. Why stick with a system that clearly isn't working? Play to the hand you are dealt with rather than trying to adopt a system the elite teams use. We need to ditch the lone striker role. Morelos was decent at it, but he had long dry spells and came up empty in OF games. It rarely works for us. And we need to ditch the two DM roles, especially at home and domestically. Diomande needs to play further forward, not beside Barron.

I sense a stubbornness in Clement (like most coaches). However, players like Cerny, Whittaker, or Sima would make his system work more fluently.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've not been paying attention.

We're trying to play a no10 close to the CF, to then leave an area the size of Greenland behind him and infront of 2 deep sitting CMs. The buses parked outside the ground then drive down the middle of the park without a Rangers player in sight. Our 2 CMs make sure there's plenty distance between them to accommodate this bus lane. Opponents get out of the buses with the ball on the edge of our box and take it in turns to play the "attack the shite defence" game.

Should they fail to score then our players take it in turns to encourage them to score against us, score OGs, dive over the goalbound shot etc.

It's fairly obvious tbh.

IMG_0816.gif

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've not been paying attention.

We're trying to play a no10 close to the CF, to then leave an area the size of Greenland behind him and infront of 2 deep sitting CMs. The buses parked outside the ground then drive down the middle of the park without a Rangers player in sight. Our 2 CMs make sure there's plenty distance between them to accommodate this bus lane. Opponents get out of the buses with the ball on the edge of our box and take it in turns to play the "attack the shite defence" game.

Should they fail to score then our players take it in turns to encourage them to score against us, score OGs, dive over the goalbound shot etc.

It's fairly obvious tbh.

All accurate bar the missing long diagonals and punts down the line.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

We are not learning from our mistakes at all. It's the same goals we are losing,.it's the same chances we give up, it's the same being overrun in midfield by almost every side we play.

This is 100% spot on. And into the bargain we don’t look like threatening from any set piece. I’m not sure we even train set pieces we are that bad at both ends. Starting to lose faith in him

If Hearts come out with the shackles off we're absolutely done for. Absolutely no fight or cohesion in this team.

Getting played off the park by a league 1 team is utterly embarrassing, friendly or not. And I don't give a fuck about this "it's just minutes in the legs" shite, going in to a new season having getting beat off of everyone from Ajax to Birmingham is a massive red flag.

Just listening to Balogun’s interview last night and it reminded me of Sterling’s after Dundee. Both speaking from the heart and angry and not seemingly in the same page as the manager. 

Anyone else get a feeling the players aren’t having him?

3 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

I’ll say it…I just hope to fuck he knows what he’s doing 

Actually beginning to doubt he does get it, there is just so much room against us.

What do they do on the training pitch ?

3 hours ago, Madina said:

The capitulation last season from March onwards should have been a warning sign. Getting beat by Motherwell at home in the league for the first time in donkeys years, Ross County away, drawing with Dundee. The 3 OF games from March onwards. 

Yes he has poor players to pick from, but there is no way we should ever be getting beat at home by Motherwell when we are leading a title race or falling apart like we did v Ross County. 

Pre season it seems like he's working his ticket. Him and the squad don't look interested (a few exceptions aside). He and the players have the look of knowing 2nd place is all they're going to achieve this season 

If Hearts get a good start and find some consistency we might not even be 2nd!

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

image.thumb.png.9a2cbcebf966a9cd64124b8574025827.png

When the hell was that? Recent? Ferguson trying to get another manager sacked? 😂

I’ve been away for months, come back on here and everything has gone to shit. Folk wanting Tav and Goldson away are getting that and now wanting PC away 😂 I can’t see how we get out of this season well if the fans are already jumpy before a competitive ball is kicked. It is one thing to express reservations, but it seems we are perpetually a couple of bad results away from calling for a reset these days, and even friendlies count! (I’ve seen season where we dominate friendlies ultimately end in tears and ones where we look terrible end in success, so I’m not bothered on that score).

It also seems to me that some of us are letting non-football related fuckups add to the general discontent which is never gonna help the manager and team.

FWIW It is the right time for Tav and Goldson to go, but we will miss them. A totally commanding, dominant centre back might help ease the pain though 😉

With the turn around in players we're hopefully about to see in players, we really need to get behind the team and manager for the season and then reassess. We need to break this cycle of punting managers in September. Clement has the cv to suggest if given time he can be successful.