graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

It’s always a tough place to go regardless of their form.

Where have I said it isn’t? But again any manager is going to look at us sacking a guy in September who was given false promises, a shambles in structure, a huge turnover of players just happened and just go fuck that I’m not going there. 

Cause this will be the third manager in a row we’ve done it to. Whether they deserved the sack or not won’t matter to prospective next managers.

No offence mate but that's birthday card pish 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hamilton got nothing from Aberdeen having gone to Tribunal?

Hamilton got next to nothing, something like barely a six figure sun despite wanting over a million for him. Issue was Hamilton didn't offer him a contract by the time he signed on at Aberdeen so had nothing to value him by, or something like that. Hamilton weren't happy as they weren't aware that was how tribunals sorted the compensation 

1 hour ago, nik2402 said:

image.thumb.png.e115b401d12fe48500783e5a99719065.png

Anyone up for this next week 😩🫣🫠

I know it's for the charity foundation but anyone wise enough would have the cancelled or postponed. 

If it does go ahead then I hope everyone in attendance acts accordingly and doesn't make it an absolute mess.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We can’t keep sacking managers when we do and expecting whoever comes in to turn around what will inevitably be a shit show when there are so many fundamental problems at the club.

It happened to Caixinha, it happened Gio, it happened to Beale and it’s happened to Clement too.

If we bin him off - and although I don’t think he sees the season out, that’s not going to happen any time soon - we need to put a caretaker in place so that any new manager coming in isn’t facing the battle to overturn a season that’s already been ruined by their previous incumbent and of bleeding over into the following season.

It’s no coincidence at all that Gerrard was the only one who said they would take it, but only at the end of the season. He knew the importance of having that clean slate and not being tainted by association with whatever shitshow was unfolding in front of us. 

Even a new manager coming in next summer wont have a clean slate in terms of squad like gerrard did

Gerrards first league game away to the sheep he had 7 new signings starting and 3 on the bench

That summer he made 10 perma signings and 5 loan signings, then in ths jan window he made 3 more signings and took both davis and defoe on loan

So by the end of the jan window gerrard had 20 first team squad players all recruited that season, all by him

Over the course of his first season he moved 33 different players out the club all either loan, released or for a fee, lot of pointless youth and a lot of Pedro/warburton era

Until we find the finances for a clear out like such again, theres literally no point in changing manager, until we are ready to do that type of clearance again we might as well keep our money and stick with what we have since second is the worst we'll do anyway 

11 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No offence mate but that's birthday card pish 

Of course it’s hard team to play. Nonsense to act otherwise.

Aberdeen are a hard side for us even last season when they were fucking gash.

15 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They got far less than they wanted after rejecting higher offers.

So not "nothing".

Bit of an anomoly there in response to a post about getting more from Tribunal you've been offered by the destination club. And Hamilton did get that though wanted far more.  When I say anomaly, it actually seems more like deliberate bullshit / lie to fit your argument 👍

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So not "nothing".

Bit of an anomoly there in response to a post about getting more from Tribunal you've been offered by the destination club. And Hamilton did get that though wanted far more.  When I say anomaly, it actually seems more like deliberate bullshit / lie to fit your argument 👍

Could just not be a pedantic cunt? Could clearly see what I meant.

It was claimed Aberdeen will get far more than we offered. I offered the case it’s not like that, you don’t just reject offers and the tribunal gives you more. 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Butland - Free

Tav - 250k

Souttar - Free

Propper - 1.5m

Jefte - 500k

Barron - Free

Sterling - Free

Diomande - 4m

Matondo - 2m

Cerny - Loan

Dessers - 4.5m

Total - 12.75m

Schmeichel - Free

Johnstone - 3.5m

Scales - Minimal

Vickers - 6m

Taylor - 3m

McGregor - Youth

Hatate - 1.5m

Bernardo - 5m

Kuhn - 3m

Furuhashi - 4.5m

Maeda - 1.5m

Total - 28m

Nowhere near and it’s much worse when it gets to the bench.

A club like ours who have puffed our chest out in a European final that other clubs can only dream off with 50K supporters at home games and thats the value of our squad.

The money that has been blown on court cases and vanity projects to start with that wee biscuit gobler and Bennett should be in jail

Just now, The Archer said:

A club like ours who have puffed our chest out in a European final that other clubs can only dream off with 50K supporters at home games and thats the value of our squad.

The money that has been blown on court cases and vanity projects to start with that wee biscuit gobler and Bennett should be in jail

That’s what we’ve paid for the squad, it’s worth less than that probably.

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Could just not be a pedantic cunt? Could clearly see what I meant.

It was claimed Aberdeen will get far more than we offered. I offered the case it’s not like that, you don’t just reject offers and the tribunal gives you more. 

Not being pedantic at all there. You said they got "nothing" in response to a Barron example being provided when you said Barron cost nothing. When in fact Hamilton got more than twice what they were offered, certainly not nothing.

Can you quote the post that mentions getting "far more" than we offered. I'm absolutely being pedantic now but I'm sure you won't be inaccurate a second time to suit a narrative.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not being pedantic at all there. You said they got "nothing" in response to a Barron example being provided when you said Barron cost nothing. When in fact Hamilton got more than twice what they were offered, certainly not nothing.

Can you quote the post that mentions getting "far more" than we offered. I'm absolutely being pedantic now but I'm sure you won't be inaccurate a second time to suit a narrative.

Aye fair enough I’ve misread it, he said they will get more not far more.

Still doesn’t guarantee Aberdeen will get more than £500k though.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Aye fair enough I’ve misread it, he said they will get more not far more.

Still doesn’t guarantee Aberdeen will get more than £500k though.

👍

Absolutely no guarantees. But it's pretty clear he's almost certainly going to cost the reported £525K we've apparently offered if not more.  The how much more just isn't settled yet.

3 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He won the league with Genk in his second season, which was 1 of only 4 in their history. They were 8th in the season before he arrived and 7th in the season after he left. He then won it 2 years in a row with Brugge. I don't think that's luck.

Something is deeply wrong at the club. He has next to no support mechanism in place, has to sell/get rid before he can get his own in (dependent on how much cash he is allowed). All his talk about fast, vertical play, automation of moves, he talks as if he knows what he wants but we are not seeing it. Either, he is not training them to play the way he has stated, or players are not taking it on board, or they are incapable of performing what is being asked of them; I think it is a mixture of the last 2.

5 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Something is deeply wrong at the club. He has next to no support mechanism in place, has to sell/get rid before he can get his own in (dependent on how much cash he is allowed). All his talk about fast, vertical play, automation of moves, he talks as if he knows what he wants but we are not seeing it. Either, he is not training them to play the way he has stated, or players are not taking it on board, or they are incapable of performing what is being asked of them; I think it is a mixture of the last 2.

Tbh he looks like he’s had enough - I think the issue is way bigger than the manager.  I think with the right backing and funds he’ll do ok but reckon he’ll be sacked before we see that and turn on him (future me as well) 

well then recruit someone unsuitable and the merry round will go round and round 

46 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I have noticed the board's thirst for pointless court cases they will never win seems to have fallen a little lately.

2 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Tbh he looks like he’s had enough - I think the issue is way bigger than the manager.  I think with the right backing and funds he’ll do ok but reckon he’ll be sacked before we see that and turn on him (future me as well) 

well then recruit someone unsuitable and the merry round will go round and round 

I agree that this is how it could easily turn out and we would be in a far worse place for it. Our reputation of how we treat managers would be very damaged and no manager of any quality would want to come to a club where the board have a reputation for under funding, lying and sacking managers every year to 18 months. We would be a true tinpot club so people need to be careful of what they wish for because we could easily end up in a far worse place than now.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

I know it's for the charity foundation but anyone wise enough would have the cancelled or postponed. 

If it does go ahead then I hope everyone in attendance acts accordingly and doesn't make it an absolute mess.

And if it kicks off don't video it and plaster it all over social media. 

45 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Potentially all 3 if we're being honest

44 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

And if it kicks off don't video it and plaster it all over social media. 

We're not North Korea. I'd rather know what's happening at all levels of our club rather than just showing the sugar coated stuff