graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

As long as there is consistent improvement I will be happy.

He could help himself too by never coming out after a 3-0 battering from that lot and pointing to how we had the same amount of shots on target

Don’t know if you’ve ever listened to managers from the worst to the most successful. Ferguson was a classic example. They tend to protect their team at all cost, find anything positive at all to tell the press but they know fine well the deficiencies and get to work on them in the training ground. 
Could it be Clement, the man who has won trophies as a manager is no different in that sense?

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

As long as there is consistent improvement I will be happy.

He could help himself too by never coming out after a 3-0 battering from that lot and pointing to how we had the same amount of shots on target

Ps I think we’re a long way from the finished article. 

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Don’t know if you’ve ever listened to managers from the worst to the most successful. Ferguson was a classic example. They tend to protect their team at all cost, find anything positive at all to tell the press but they know fine well the deficiencies and get to work on them in the training ground. 
Could it be Clement, the man who has won trophies as a manager is no different in that sense?

While i agree completely, he had also got to read the room regarding the fans as well, we watched us get battered off them again, we didnt even compete after the offside goal

Clement talks about the energy between the fans and the players, he has to understand the fans need something as well

26 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

It wasn’t the press he said that to, it was a group of supporters. It was utter nonsense and did nothing but make him look like a lunatic 

1 hour ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Full marks for him for last night. Thought everyone done there bit. 

Champ league disaster under Gio aside, we seem to do well in Europe it’s the league we need to improve on and being 5 points behind already we can’t afford anymore slips ups.

We do well because all the teams we face aren't the low block dross we have in the league. We've got alot more space in attack for our players to do something instead of getting to the 18 yard box freely and get hacked down. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

We do well because all the teams we face aren't the low block dross we have in the league. We've got alot more space in attack for our players to do something instead of getting to the 18 yard box freely and get hacked down. 

That’s my biggest takeaway from last night. With his set up we can hurt teams on the break in Europe because games are more open and defences play a higher line. We aren’t going to have that luxury in many domestic games so it’s a case of him solving that puzzle too, or it will eventually cost him his job, just like it did with Gio.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s my biggest takeaway from last night. With his set up we can hurt teams on the break in Europe because games are more open and defences play a higher line. We aren’t going to have that luxury in many domestic games so it’s a case of him solving that puzzle too, or it will eventually cost him his job, just like it did with Gio.

The contrast between last nights type of game & what we face week in week out in our league is massive.  

Tricky horses for courses scenario for him. 

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re on the right road imo.

Not long ago, we were cursing Lundstram, Borna, Cantwell, Lammers, Goldson and the permanently injured gang, Roofe, Jack etc.

We’ve made huge progress and brought the age down as well.

Must keep it going 

Such heady levels of positivity here, careful now!

careful-be-careful.gif

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Not long ago, we were cursing Lundstram, Borna, Cantwell, Lammers, Goldson and the permanently injured gang, Roofe, Jack etc.

You were saying the same about Danilo and Cortes two days ago. 

20 minutes ago, OhW said:

You were saying the same about Danilo and Cortes two days ago. 

And your point is?

Were either of them involved last night?

Did any of the players I mentioned secretly rejoin the club?

Is the squad age not a good bit younger than it was?

Have you anything constructive to offer?

Actually, I know the answer to that last one :giggidy:

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

And your point is?

Were either of them involved last night?

Did any of the players I mentioned secretly rejoin the club?

Is the squad age not a good bit younger than it was?

Have you anything constructive to offer?

Actually, I know the answer to that last one :giggidy:

You didn’t understand my point? You said not long ago we were cursing the permanently injured gang, Roofe, Jack etc. You still curse the injured gang worse than anyone. Pretty simple point. 

18 minutes ago, OhW said:

You didn’t understand my point? You said not long ago we were cursing the permanently injured gang, Roofe, Jack etc. You still curse the injured gang worse than anyone. Pretty simple point. 

When their record of injuries runs into years, then a comparison would be fair.

Not yet.

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

The contrast between last nights type of game & what we face week in week out in our league is massive.  

Tricky horses for courses scenario for him. 

It's night and day the difference in what we play in Europe and what we face domestically. 

Clement has got to show not only can he get the better of the sides that will sit back in numbers.

He's also got to show he can get the better of the tarriers. 

He pulls that off he'll be successful here. He doesn't then it will cost him his job like the previous 2 managers.