graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People will complain about it either way, especially people who want to see us playing through the lines

Goldson was excellent at the same long diagonal pass (see the equaliser on the cup semi final against them in 2022) but because they sometimes miss the mark (imagine that when you are trying to ping a 60 yard ball) and that’s what people will always focus on.

Aribo’s goal against Hearts :drool:

16 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Surely anyone has to see that as a positive? There's a massive difference between that and aimlessly shelling it forward and playing for 2nd balls. 

There is, Goldson’s was a pin point pass to Tav in space and the relies on someone like Tav or Aribo when he was here having an excellent first touch.

I feel under Clement we are definitely pumping long diagonals and balls down the line that leads to competing for a second ball.

Rewatched 80 minutes of the cup final the other day and we were doing it constantly down the right hand side from Tav to Sterling.

Nothing wrong with a switch of play to someone in space but that’s not really what we’re seeing.

We’re obviously never going to be City but they do that all the time to good effect.

I want to see us play more through the midfield and that needs a tactical change from Clement in having the 10 drop more in the half spaces, and someone very mobile so they can still make those runs into the box he’s looking for.

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

People will complain about it either way, especially people who want to see us playing through the lines

Goldson was excellent at the same long diagonal pass (see the equaliser on the cup semi final against them in 2022) but because they sometimes miss the mark (imagine that when you are trying to ping a 60 yard ball) and that’s what people will always focus on.

Yeah Goldson was really good at it for a period, particularly to Kent. The one that always stands out to me is 2 minutes in here, cuts them apart in the space of a second.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There is, Goldson’s was a pin point pass to Tav in space and the relies on someone like Tav or Aribo when he was here having an excellent first touch.

I feel under Clement we are definitely pumping long diagonals and balls down the line that leads to competing for a second ball.

Rewatched 80 minutes of the cup final the other day and we were doing it constantly down the right hand side from Tav to Sterling.

Nothing wrong with a switch of play to someone in space but that’s not really what we’re seeing.

We’re obviously never going to be City but they do that all the time to good effect.

I want to see us play more through the midfield and that needs a tactical change from Clement in having the 10 drop more in the half spaces, and someone very mobile so they can still make those runs into the box he’s looking for.

We obviously didn't get the result but we played well that day.

You're off your nut watching that back btw :lol: 

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We obviously didn't get the result but we played well that day.

You're off your nut watching that back btw :lol: 

:lol:

Almost never watch any games back never mind ones we lose but was flicking on premier and with all the noise around the pre-season performances took a look as a reminder.

• BlueSuedeSambas changed the title to Is Clement getting an easy ride?
1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

There was lots to criticise Goldson for, but I don’t think it was ever really his distribution. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The high ball to McCausland is my personal favourite. 

Stability is a good thing so an extension for PC is good from that point of view. He will need a couple of windows to put his stamp on the team, signs are good at the moment.

Having said that the demand for success is immediate so pressure will come from that.  

If we see signs of improvement it will give him a bit of leeway but the vultures will soon be circling if we don't.

He's earned the right to be backed, but his decisions will show if it's worthwhile. Some of his tactical decisions and persistence with certain players will go against him. When we inevitably concede the usual at the back post or easily waltzing through the centre of the park goal, the knives will be out

Just don't know how people are making excuses for him or defending.

Watch how we play and how we try to attack and defend its pish 

Name a player that has improved under his guidance.

Faith in the wrong players and even fucking starting them.

He has lost me completely. Willing to let him turn around but it's all been downhill for months.

Signing look poor also..Hearts have spent better and they have spent fuck all. 

Clement before the game.

"We're not totally ready, we'll be ready in 2 to 3 months".

Can't complain, he's set us up for failure before a ball was kicked.

Also just said in the post match that will be an important point for us.

I'm done.