*****The Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Match Thread*****

toolongawake

Our depth is crap.

We looked good midweek with Barron and Diomande playing off each other, add in Bajrami and that’s 3 decent players on the ball.

Today the balance was horrible. Particularly second half.

Dowell and Sterling just aren’t the type of player to control a game. 

Cerny poor/predictable again. 

A young midfield of Barron, Diomande and Miller could have set us up for years.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Our depth is crap.

We looked good midweek with Barron and Diomande playing off each other, add in Bajrami and that’s 3 decent players on the ball.

Today the balance was horrible. Particularly second half.

Dowell and Sterling just aren’t the type of player to control a game. 

Cerny poor/predictable again. 

A midfield of Barron, Diomande and Miller could have sorted us out their for years.

I’m absolutely desperate for us to sign Miller in Jan. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They played the worst team in the league, missing their two strikers and without a manager 👍

Clearly not the worst team in the league. And still improved +5 away whilst we were at home against a team 1 point better off than St J.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Another 3 points but we're so boring domestically. We don't have anyone with the quality to create much against a low block.

We're actually so boring that I ended up pulling out the couches and cleaning underneath them while watching it

Bajrami has put several absolute sitters on a plate in his 3 games so far, should have had another assist today but our finishing is borderline gross misconduct. 

7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

How many 12pm starts will we have after travelling on the Thursday?

Remaning away games scheduled so far. There's chances we qualify.

Olympiacos away. Playing Hearts at Ibrox after it so the game will probably be 15:00 as it's usually the away games that get moved for TV. Not sure why today's game was chosen though.

Nice away. Playing St Johnstone away after it which is more likely to get moved early for TV.

Man U away. Playing Dundee United away after it but obviously travel from Manchester isn't an issue.

No major issues looking at that.

9 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Goal difference is going to be inconsequential this season, let's be honest. 

Of.couse, but this is a weekend where the fixtures should have been favourable for us. They motor on with points, style, positivity and momentum whilst we change things to counter our lowly opponents and make getting 3 points pretty difficult for ourselves 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Remaning away games scheduled so far. There's chances we qualify.

Olympiacos away. Playing Hearts at Ibrox after it so the game will probably be 15:00 as it's usually the away games that get moved for TV. Not sure why today's game was chosen though.

Nice away. Playing St Johnstone away after it which is more likely to get moved early for TV.

Man U away. Playing Dundee United away after it but obviously travel from Manchester isn't an issue.

No major issues looking at that.

Not too bad. I think it's a factor, even if it's only a psychological one

I’ll try again lol. Unless McAusland was injured I can’t believe he took him off and left Cerny on. Another dreadful performance with few pass marks. Baffling decisions again by the Manager. No discernible style of play. I try to be positive but it’s fucking difficult when you’re served up that shite. I thought Barron was great again and Butland made a couple of decent saves. The rest was awful.

8 minutes ago, josmc said:

I’ll try again lol. Unless McAusland was injured I can’t believe he took him off and left Cerny on. Another dreadful performance with few pass marks. Baffling decisions again by the Manager. No discernible style of play. I try to be positive but it’s fucking difficult when you’re served up that shite. I thought Barron was great again and Butland made a couple of decent saves. The rest was awful.

McCausland was just as ineffective as Cerny sadly. 

48 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

It wasn’t an easy header to direct the ball was falling flat he did what he needed to keeper just made a worldie save 

thought proper’s header was worse tbh 

Not a chance, just seen it again an absolute sitter from dessers

First half I thought there was some good movement but just a lack of quality with no Dessers, Bajrami or Dio. It was all a bit tippy tappy though.

Second half we delved even further into the tippy tappy mess and just invited Hibs on and we couldnt deal with their set pieces or aerial threat (similar to Dundee last week).

I think we're a good counter attacking and direct team and I dont think we played into it enough today especially after going 1 up.