*****The Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Match Thread*****

toolongawake

I know he made 4 changes from Thursday night but for me that was a european performance today in preparation for Thursday night against Lyon. Possession first, solid defending, although a bit scary at tmes, then hitting on the break.

3points are always welcome but against the dross we face week in week out, not really acceptable. Onward we go.

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

Agree. Hagi isn’t the second coming but I think an explanation is needed as to why he’s being marginalised. He’s fit and doing well in the B team. When you’re bringing Dowell off the bench I just feel we can do better and set up to be more positive in the final third. 

I think when you dont have a squad of standouts you need to include all your options to ensure your best chances of winning whether some will like it or not. Injuries will force his hand

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

What is his role in the team?

Is he a goalscorer? Does he create chances?

No, he's a holding midfielder and what is their job?

"A holding defensive midfielder plays a crucial role in a team's strategy, acting as the anchor for the defence. Positioned just in front of the backline, this player ensures stability and security by holding their position and providing a shield to the defence."

So yes he was outstanding in performing his role

Pretty sure they had 15 odd shots on our goal. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Miller would be a good signing, but Cameron may be just as good and a lot more economical.

Yeh I like Cameron and don’t think there’s much between them at the moment.

But Miller is 5 years younger and his ceiling is levels above. Type of player you sell for serious money down the line.

I'm happy with the win. hibs has always gave us a difficult game. Here's the problem, we always seem to prioritise Europe. 

To me the league is the most important, we should always be playing our strongest team. 

As they say leagues our bread and butter.