*****The Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Match Thread*****

toolongawake

1 hour ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I feel we've left it too late for Miller. 

The summer was the chance to get him. If he keeps up the performances like he had yesterday, it won't be long before teams down south and abroad start sniffing.

Young Scottish players with potential are becoming sought after due to the successes of Lewis Ferguson, Hickey etc and the relatively low outlay compared to England.

There's some obvious young talent in the league at the minute, I really like Cameron at Dundee as well, Watson at Killie looks promising too. I don't know why we aren't going all out to get these players in the door.

Agree. If he has a good season we won’t be able to afford him unfortunately. We’ve missed the boat on multiple good young Scottish players in recent years. 

12 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Diomande is a quality player. I have no idea why some of us can’t see it. Yes, I’d like him to be more consistent but he is clearly quality.

He may very well to go on to be a quality player, but he's been far from quality for us. A good performance here and there is nowhere near worth the 4 million we've outlayed on him. 

12 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

He may very well to go on to be a quality player, but he's been far from quality for us. A good performance here and there is nowhere near worth the 4 million we've outlayed on him. 

£4m is pennies now bud, it might still feel like a big fee to us, but it isn't to most others, when you're spending that kind of money on anyone at that age, all your getting is potential, and with potentiel you're going to get inconsistency in the early days of their Rangers career.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

£4m is pennies now bud, it might still feel like a big fee to us, but it isn't to most others, when you're spending that kind of money on anyone at that age, all your getting is potential, and with potentiel you're going to get inconsistency in the early days of their Rangers career.

We spent zero on Barron. 

45 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Diomande is a quality player. I have no idea why some of us can’t see it. Yes, I’d like him to be more consistent but he is clearly quality.

He has moments of quality, but is wildly inconsistent.

I think a better manager would get more out him. 

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The transfer fee hasn't been set.

It won't be 4 million though will it? It most likely won't even be 1 million. 

And he's performing at a far higher, consistent standard than our 4 million pound midfielder. 

48 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I like him. There’s definitely a player there, he just appears like he can’t be arsed a lot of the time too. A lot like Kamara in that sense 

17 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

It won't be 4 million though will it? It most likely won't even be 1 million. 

And he's performing at a far higher, consistent standard than our 4 million pound midfielder. 

It won't be because he was out of contract. If he wasn't then it's much more than we're likely to pay. 

I think Diomande has been poor for the most part but you can't compare the two signings.

8 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

You would have thought we got beat reading this thread. 

Moany bastards loyal 

It was a dire performance but it keeps the run going, on days like this it's all about the result, as mind numbing as it was to sit through.

16 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It won't be because he was out of contract. If he wasn't then it's much more than we're likely to pay. 

I think Diomande has been poor for the most part but you can't compare the two signings.

You can when it's suggested that any player that age will be inconsistent. 

And had we signed Barron from Aberdeen when he was under contract I doubt we'd have been paying anything close to 4 million pounds. 

And my initial point is that for the money we've spent on Diomande, we've had nowhere near enough in return. 

29 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think this is the hard pill to swallow for a lot of our fans, 4M is buttons in football in 2024 and you get what you pay for. 

when you think for instance we paid 5.5M in 1998 for Kanchelskis maybe not in his prime but that sort of money got you a real quality player. 

we are a bang average europa league standard team, mainly because too many at the top have excepted that as the standard, most Rangers fans over the age of 30 anyway were so used to seeing top quality, so it’s tough to watch players who can’t pass a ball 5 yards without it being a hospital pass. 

we royally fucked up moving up another level after EL final.

we’ve went backwards and it’s like 1 step forward 8 steps back

2 hours ago, Vision said:

I'm happy with the win. hibs has always gave us a difficult game. Here's the problem, we always seem to prioritise Europe. 

To me the league is the most important, we should always be playing our strongest team. 

As they say leagues our bread and butter. 

100% mate but we can't play our strongest team every game because fatigue will make our strongest team on paper far less strong. Agree about prioritising the league but it's a difficult one because we wouldn't accept sub-par performances in Europe either. Today's weakened team after Europe picking up all three points is actually best case scenario.

6 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Agree. Hagi isn’t the second coming but I think an explanation is needed as to why he’s being marginalised. He’s fit and doing well in the B team. When you’re bringing Dowell off the bench I just feel we can do better and set up to be more positive in the final third. 

You have got to ask what is worse - paying Hagi 20k a week for nothing or paying an extra 10k for something.  Maybe do us a turn and /or put him in the shop window.

The transfer value will probably drop more than the extra salary, especially if we sell in January.

5 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Yeah, it's a stonewall penalty.  Everybody in the ground knew it was going to be given

Aye agreed 100% penalty by today's modern interpretation of the rules. Should never be though and I don't know what they need to do to the rules to make it less subjective. Has Souttar to chop his arm off? It was point blank range. In the replay it looks like Souttar moves his arm towards the ball but I refuse to believe his reaction time is better than an F1 driver in order to move his arm in such a short space of time. A VAR pen.