***The Official Hearts v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that both Hemdani and Faye are not in the squad. Saving Hemdani for Wednesday? Although he has not played since the RSB game.

just shows how ridiculous the under 21 rule is. I am all for giving young players as a chance but only when they have earned it. Its ridiculous leaving experienced players like faye and hemdani in the stands when young players who barely have a chance of getting a game anyway sit on the bench.

Its an absolutely ridiculous ruling. Guy's like Fleck and Shinnie are never going to get a game unless we are 3 or 4 up even if they have earned it. That's the SPL for you tho.

i think they should change the ruling to if a team in scotland have 5 homegrown scottish players in their line up then they are free to put who they like on the bench,any less than 5 in the team then under 21's need included on the bench,wont happens but id like to see something along them lines,would force clubs to consider good scottish players for their first team or leave a bunch of expensive foreigners in the stands .

as being reported on the BBC website, then Rangers sure as hell are going with a very attack minded set up?

We seem to have only five recognised defenders, (Whittaker defence and midfield).

Rangers squad: McGregor, Hutton, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Whittaker, Ferguson, Thomson, Beasley, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Cousin, Darcheville, Carroll, McCulloch, Shinnie, Fleck.

The BBC must have gotten it wrong surely?? <cr>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/6988288.stm

its good news if we are going for an attacking lineup. I know a lot of people think its going to be a tough match but i know we can beat them and beat them well. Craig gordon saved them a couple of goals against us every time we played them. We have a much better chance of scoring against them now gordon is gone. They are nowhere near the side they were 2 years ago. We need to attack them from the first whistle so i am happy with the attack minded squad.

What if a defender or two were to get injured or even sent off (God forbid)?

There are five senior players who can play as strikers, and Fleck and Shinnie could also fill that role.

thats a fair point... Maybe whittaker isnt going to start so he could be available to come on if a defender gets injured??

Hearts squad: tbc

Rangers squad: McGregor, Hutton, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Whittaker, Ferguson, Thomson, Beasley, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Cousin, Darcheville, Carroll, McCulloch, Shinnie, Fleck.

found that quite funny on the BBC website :lol:, Hertz got so much players they dunno which ones are gonna feature

Hearts squad: tbc

found that quite funny on the BBC website :lol:, Hertz got so much players they dunno which ones are gonna feature

I thought faye was starting...I dont see him there..