* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

Working with a bheggar today and he said they have scraped by the last 2 home games.

Clinging on v Hamilton and Dundee had chances to take something from the game.

Also he had 3 tickets to try shift for tonight cos people he goes with are too busy Christmas shopping to use their season books.

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I hate to be that guy but the tarriers are "absolutely shite beyond words"..really?

I despise them with every fibre of my being but we got humped 5-1 at their midden and it should have been the same scoreline or worse at Hampden.

They're by no means the world beaters that everybody makes them out to be and this juggernaut patter is embarrassing,but to say their shite beyond words is ridiculous.

Perhaps the way I wrote that was overzealous...

However, they are utter shite more often than not. It looks as if they have no interest at all. In the games I've caught they always look terrible when attacked too. They're never pushing and their defence seems pretty frail at times. 

Their scorelines this season only flatters them in my opinion. Most oppositions defence look like statues for the goals and if teams actually gave it a right go against them I feel like a good few teams would be taking points off them. 

It's like teams already expect the defeat and only try to keep the scoreline as low as possible, not actually win the game or take points off them.

Just because they beat us doesn't mean they aren't unbelievably shite every other week. We've been playing truly horrendous football and making mental mistakes at times this season ourselves. 

The 5-1 game was never a 5-1 game and we all know it.

Mckays chance goes in and its 2-2 and we have our tails up at Parkhead. We were all over them the first 20mins of the second half. 

Senderos ruins it for us and the manager shows us his balls by going for it instead of shutting up shop and taking a 3-1 defeat. 

What team isn't going to concede with midfielders in the defence? It flattered the fuck out of them and they've rode on it ever since. 

I wish we hit the ground running at the start and we could've went into the New years game behind them in single figures. 

It isnt delusional to think we could be that close to them. Everything possible had went against us from August to the start of November. Since we've had a settled team and less injuries we've looked pretty  good.

I do think we'll beat them but our early season form has cost us the league IMO. But stranger things have happened. If teams played like they did against us against them they would have dropped more points than they have

I said the league was over after the game at Rugby Park and was slaughtered for it both from my pals and on here because I saw that nothing had changed from the tail end of last season.The fact that it's took us until Christmas to look as if we're finally hitting a bit of form is depressing as fuck.

I guess I'm just getting triggered by folk saying you never know and stranger things have happened etc :lol:

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The fact that it's took us until Christmas to look as if we're finally hitting a bit of form is depressing as fuck.

This is really true. But I'm glad we have because now it's just a case of taking that and building on it. 

Found it in the nick of time too, imagine the outrage if we lost too Hearts and Aberdeen at home 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

This is really true. But I'm glad we have because now it's just a case of taking that and building on it. 

Found it in the nick of time too, imagine the outrage if we lost too Hearts and Aberdeen at home 

Warburton wouldn't be here now if that had happened. 

49 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I said the league was over after the game at Rugby Park and was slaughtered for it both from my pals and on here because I saw that nothing had changed from the tail end of last season.The fact that it's took us until Christmas to look as if we're finally hitting a bit of form is depressing as fuck.

I guess I'm just getting triggered by folk saying you never know and stranger things have happened etc :lol:

Fair enough :lol:

You're totally right - I've been royally pissed off at our form dropping off the map completely as well. It's like the second we mathematically won the championship everyone just shut off and it seems to have taken getting raped up and down the park by hearts for everyone to flick a switch and actually play like they give a fuck.

For as much as I might be being positive lately, I've been a right dour cunt about us for months :lol: 

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's been over for a long time now.

They won't drop nearly enough points for us to catch them, they win every single week. This isn't a team full of Jealvic, Naismith, Weir, Davis and so on who had the quality in them to mount a bit of sustained pressure. We are still a long way off having a side capable of winning 10-11 games on the bounce like them sadly.

Just seen their crowd figure last night, 55 k. Does this club have no shame at all about this, even when the rest of Scottish football knows they add about 15 to 20000 to the actual attendance. Saw some photos and it looked half empty again. And don't give me all the shit about counting season holders, as they just make that figure up too. Shameful club. 

11 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Just seen their crowd figure last night, 55 k. Does this club have no shame at all about this, even when the rest of Scottish football knows they add about 15 to 20000 to the actual attendance. Saw some photos and it looked half empty again. And don't give me all the shit about counting season holders, as they just make that figure up too. Shameful club. 

They've been at it for years. Remember they got caught out afew years back, they played I think raith rovers and quoted a ridiculous crowd like 55k again. Then when raith asked for their cut of ticket money for 55k people (it was a cup tie so raith were entitled to half) they blamed a print error and printed the real crowd and paid out for the lesser crowd. Shameful club indeed. 

The tims aren't as good as they and the media make out, however the chances of them dropping enough points to enable us to catch them is very slim.  And we certainly aren't going to win all of our remaining games.

If the unthinkable did happen however it would top Helicopter Sunday.

2 minutes ago, ManchestGer said:

Laughable isn't it, worse is they're saying he was willing to take a huge pay cut to join them :lol: 

Just realised they had taken it from DR so no surprises there!

Snodgrass is in the prime of his career and has shown already this season that he is EPL quality.  He'll be away to a team further up the league in January or next summer.  Even by the tarriers standards this is a laughable story. 

Two things -

1.they are going to win the league without Snodgrass so dont actually need him.

2. They cant afford him anyway.They must still be splurging some amount of cash - 32 players in the first team squad with 5 on loan while we have 21 first team squad with 1 on loan. They need to get rid of some bodies cause that is a bloated first team squad. 

Archived