* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a technicality though. They should quickly appeal. The player was suspended for 3 games and has missed 3 games. He is listed on the UEFA web site as being in the Legia squad.

Doesn't matter if it's a technicality. UEFA have made the issue black and white so as to avoid lengthy legal action. He wasn't registered in their early squads and so never "served" his suspension. That being said, as someone else has pointed out, this runs counter to the precedent that UEFA set with Debrecen. Whilst I don't know the details of that one, I'd sure as hell appeal on those grounds given what's at stake.

Everyone claiming this is a conspiracy is deluded.

The rule is there in black and white.

(tu)

It's cringe that some of the posters on here are saying this kind of thing.

They actually think Celt*c have spys and henchmen in place to make sure these things happen :lol:

If this was is there is no way on Earth I would go and watch it.

For duck sake they got absolutely nailed by Legia fare and square on the field of Play.

If it was us I wouldn't even watch us on tv.

Its so embarrassing and quite pathetic to eject a Team for such a silly simple admin error.

These decisions are quite literally tearing the game apart.

Ads if the CL is not a farce as it is without all this bullshit.

I hope it turns people right off it.

The CL is a farce.

Aye you wouldn't go to Ibrox to see us play the best teams in the land eh?

I know we are gutted but ffs :lol:

(tu)

They actually think Celt*c have spys and henchmen in place to make sure these things happen :lol:

It's not a go at Celtic or saying they have spys and henchmen it is simply pointing out that previous decisions have been more lenient in extremely similar circumstances.

UEFA favouring the TV money and the established "big" ( yes I know) club over principles every fucking time

Unbelievable this has happened to them for the second time in 3/4 years? As much as some of them will be embarrassed by the way they have went through it worries me that they have another bite at the cherry for 10/15m Champions League money.

The Poles must be fucking gutted, what a blunder for someone to have made! The most embarrasing thing is thet Celtic only went through on away goals, to be handed a 5 goal swing for fuck all and qualify on away goals is just plain shameful!

Any half decent team facing Celtic in the last qulifier should be reasonably confident of fielding an ineligible player in one leg and still getting through after the tie is handed to Celtic!

:lol:

Don't be ridiculous. Legia fielded a player they shouldn't have and are paying for it. Fuck all wrong with this decision.

Would it have been the same for MU or Barca I ask myself.

UEFA only care about money not sportsmanship and let's face it Smellic have bigger viewing figures worldwide than the poles.

The game is bent and being run by papes.

So a country of 40 million of them are screwed over in favour of a country of 5 million where they are the minority in terms of population. I have seen the Debrecen example (though not on any official site) but the bottom line is Legia are guilty of fielding a ineligible player. As i said earlier if this was us i would hate it if we progressed after being totally outplayed over two games.

(tu)

Nobodies claimed that, however something stinks. All you need to look at how UEFA acted when a similar situation happened four years ago and how they react now. It's the same situation, and they've favoured another club this time, different outcome. If I was the club who was put out four years ago I'd be on the phone to the lawyers.

Aye you wouldn't go to Ibrox to see us play the best teams in the land eh?

I know we are gutted but ffs :lol:

Some of us have morals.

The Tournament is a joke and to get through after getting a traunching, and to get flung out after hammering a Team 6-1 is quite pathetic under the circumstances.

A's a whole I don't watch the CL as its a farce.

For Start its full of non champions, and secondly it's the same Teams over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.

Its quite simply a fucking joke of a tournament run by jokers.

The beggars get through on away goals but if the ineligible player had scored when he came on Legia would still be in the competiton,Legia's own fault but they really are the mankiest jammiest bastards ever.

No they wouldn't. The game would be handed to Celtic 3-0. Any goal scored in the game for Legia would be overturned.

To be honest, Uefa have been pretty consistent here with their past behaviour.

The Debrecen example is not the same.

Debrecen fielded an player who was not eligible, he was not however banned.

The uefa rule book states that if you field a player who is not eligible, you MAY be punished.

The Rule book also states that if you field a player who is banned, then you WILL have the game overturned with a 3-0 defeat.

Examples in the Bowyer and Israel scenarios detail how Uefa deals with cases like this one.

They fielded a player they weren't allowed to in the final minutes of the game while winning 6-1 on aggregate!

I want them fucking kicked out of football for that level of stupidly, never mind the champions league

Well, they obviously didn't know he was ineligible for the match. If they did then someone pocketed a large sum for it :D

What I don't understand is why UEFA don't check eligibility prior to kick off.

Archived