* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

You're just a right fuckin misery aren't ye.. 

He's pish and any decent player running at him he flaps 

Pish? What yeh talkin about. Brenda's world class coaching turned him into the new Thiago Silva after he ran the show against Albion Rovers ... 

A child protection officer at one of the country’s leading youth football clubs has resigned over claims that complaints of bullying were being ignored. Jim Stewart of Celtic Boys Club reportedly quit after his recommendation that a coach should be sanctioned was not acted upon. It follows separate complaints from Stewart that verbal abuse from players’ parents drove two other youth coaches to leave the club.

The coach, who has worked in a child protection role at the boys’ club for the past five years, said: “There have been too many instances of children being put at risk with no consequences for the perpetrators.”

Celtic Boys Club was founded in 1966 and is not linked to Celtic Football Club.

Stewart was asked to write a report on the conduct of one coach, which resulted in a recommendation that he be removed from coaching duties, the Daily Record reported. He was said to be furious after it was ignored by club bosses. The coach was accused of bullying a boy at a tournament in Holland earlier this year, leading to one player to be removed from the club by his father.

It emerged the coach had been accused of a similar outburst two years ago, which resulted in another boy being withdrawn from the club. Stewart’s resignation letter, seen by the Daily Record, said: “I can’t accept the committee’s total failure to deal with child protection issues. “As the committee will not allow me to act in any way that allows me to protect the health and wellbeing of the children involved with the boys club, I have no option but to resign.”

He continued: “I produced a report which included a recommendation the coach have no further involvement in the boys club. I was not allowed to bring this to the committee for discussion.” Stewart’s letter claims the parents accused of threatening behaviour are related to club committee members.

The bold bit is my doing

:lol: @ this story in the Scotsman

nice one Bell-end! We all knew it anyway, tainted titles!!!

Ex-celtic striker Craig Bellamy insists no one in English football is impressed with Brendan Rodgers’ success in Glasgow’s East End because that’s what’s expected of the Parkhead side.

The Welshman compared Rodgers’ time up north with his own spell in Scottish football. After signing for celtic on deadline day in January 2005, Bellamy was in red-hot form for the rest of the season as Martin O’Neill’s side came within one match of winning the double.

The ex-Liverpool and Manchester City star says his exploits in green and white hoops carried no weight with clubs down south.

In fact, Bellamy insists more clubs were interested before he made his move. He believes if Rodgers is looking to use his time with celtic to get himself another top job in the English Premier League, following his sacking at Liverpool, then he’ll likely be disappointed. Speaking to bookmakers Paddy Power, Bellamy said: “Brendan Rodgers couldn’t have done any more than he did with celtic last season. His reputation of a great coach is there, but getting one of the top jobs again in the Premier League might be difficult for him.

“Mainly because, and I found this out during my time in Scotland, it doesn’t matter what you do up there – no one cares. I had more offers in January, before I went to celtic, than I did when I finished my time up there the following summer.

“That’s because once you went up to Scotland nobody in England gave a damn what you did up there. If you do well up there, it’s a case of ‘so you should’. I just didn’t feel it mattered to anyone down south.”

Bellamy also dismissed the run of the ‘Invincibles’, saying it shouldn’t be considered among the greatest ever by the club because Rangers haven’t been strong enough to mount a challenge. He added: “There was always going to be a gap after what happened to Rangers and it hasn’t helped celtic. “I know celtic will say they’ve had their best run ever, but you can’t class this side with the one from the Sixties.

“You can’t do that because it’s not fair and it isn’t real. celtic need a strong Rangers.

“The days are gone where they could have an impact on Europe. The team of 2003 with Henrik Larsson in it, which got to a European final, unfortunately I just don’t believe we’re going to see that for a while.

“Not until Rangers get up there somewhere near them again and really become competition to push celtic on.

“The challenge for the Hoops in Scotland just isn’t there anymore and it could take Rangers another three or so years to get back up there with them again.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/craig-bellamy-nobody-in-england-cares-about-celtic-s-success-1-4565402

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

:lol: @ this story in the Scotsman

nice one Bell-end! We all knew it anyway, tainted titles!!!

Here's my favourite Bellamy excerpt...

When I went into my second Old Firm game I was ready for it.

This one was at Ibrox, which is a fantastic ground, but I wasn’t intimidated by it and I got the second goal, which was the winner in a 2-1 victory.

To score the winner in an Old Firm game was one of the dreams I’d had when I had made the move.

It felt as though that victory had secured us the league title. We were five points clear with four games to play.

We lost to Hibs in our next game but went into our final match away at Motherwell with a two-point lead.

Rangers were away at Hibs and had a better goal difference than us so we knew a draw might not be enough.

It was going to be a ‘Helicopter Sunday’. The league trophy would be airborne until its destination was decided one way or the other.

When Chris Sutton scored 29 minutes in, we were cruising. As long as it stayed like that, there was nothing Rangers could do.

As the end of the game drew nearer, we started to get nervous and there were two minutes left to play when it happened.

A mis-hit shot bounced into our area and Scott McDonald cushioned it on his chest and then hooked it over our goalkeeper, Rab Douglas, into the net.

Rangers were winning 1-0 at Easter Road. A sense of panic swept over us. We had to score again. We threw everybody forward. But then Motherwell broke forward and McDonald scored again.

We had lost 2-1 and lost the league by a point. I was vaguely aware that the noise of a helicopter buzzing overhead had disappeared. It was carrying the SPL trophy to Easter Road.

It was a desperate, desperate feeling. We went into the changing rooms and there was just silence.

I have heard Neil Lennon say it was the most sickening blow of his career. Martin O’Neill didn’t attempt to disguise his disappointment, either.

He just muttered something about seeing us on Wednesday or Thursday. That was it.

I was in shock. I went back to my apartment where Claire and the kids were waiting. But I needed to be by myself. I left them at the apartment, went straight to the airport and got a flight to Cardiff. I didn’t sleep for two days.

I felt tormented by it. I thought I was cursed, I thought I was destined never to win anything. I stayed at my mum and dad’s house and drank.

I wallowed in self-pity and didn’t think about Claire and the kids being by themselves.

On 19/09/2017 at 18:35, cushynumber said:

A child protection officer at one of the country’s leading youth football clubs has resigned over claims that complaints of bullying were being ignored. Jim Stewart of celtic Boys Club reportedly quit after his recommendation that a coach should be sanctioned was not acted upon. It follows separate complaints from Stewart that verbal abuse from players’ parents drove two other youth coaches to leave the club.

The coach, who has worked in a child protection role at the boys’ club for the past five years, said: “There have been too many instances of children being put at risk with no consequences for the perpetrators.”

celtic Boys Club was founded in 1966 and is not linked to celtic Football Club.

Stewart was asked to write a report on the conduct of one coach, which resulted in a recommendation that he be removed from coaching duties, the Daily Record reported. He was said to be furious after it was ignored by club bosses. The coach was accused of bullying a boy at a tournament in Holland earlier this year, leading to one player to be removed from the club by his father.

It emerged the coach had been accused of a similar outburst two years ago, which resulted in another boy being withdrawn from the club. Stewart’s resignation letter, seen by the Daily Record, said: “I can’t accept the committee’s total failure to deal with child protection issues. “As the committee will not allow me to act in any way that allows me to protect the health and wellbeing of the children involved with the boys club, I have no option but to resign.”

He continued: “I produced a report which included a recommendation the coach have no further involvement in the boys club. I was not allowed to bring this to the committee for discussion.” Stewart’s letter claims the parents accused of threatening behaviour are related to club committee members.

The bold bit is my doing

Aye the bold bit should say that "celtic boys club is a separate entity from celtic football club " :britney: 

Archived