* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely don`t think there will be a huge gap between us, the tims, hearts, hibs and the sheep this season and have a feeling we could knick it. If they fail to qualify for the CL and fail to beat us in the first OF which obviously are big, although not entirely improbable, IFs, I can see them going into complete and utter disarray.

3 hours ago, tm91 said:

Even with Champions League money I can't believe any club in Scotland would be able to maintain a saving pot of £70 million quid.That would have to come from loans or their owner or other sources surely? The rest I could see.

Considering all their finances are declared it would mean If they did have it it would be off books which is against the law.

Just like the war chest they've supposedly had for the last 7 years.

5 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

A former celtic Football Club kit man was today sentenced to more than three years in prison for sexually abusing a boy in Belfast.

Jim McCafferty, 72, was found guilty of a series of sexual offences against the same teenage boy over a three-year period between 2012 and 2015.

He was sentenced to three years and nine months in prison.

McCafferty's links with celtic were more than 20 years ago. He also worked at Hibernian FC.

He was arrested in 2016 and later charged with eight sexual offences.

McCafferty moved to Northern Ireland after spending most of his working life in Scotland.

McCafferty, who was living in south Belfast, admitted abusing the teenage boy just before his trial was due to start in Belfast in May.

At a sentencing hearing today, Judge Patricia Smyth said the impact on his victim had been "significant".

McCafferty first confessed to abusing the boy after being approached by Daily Mirror journalist Jilly Beattie and photographer Alan Lewis in December 2016.

He initially pleaded not guilty but changed his mind on the morning of his trial in May 2018.

The court was told McCafferty had a number of serious health issues. He entered the dock with the aid of a walking frame.

All well and good but, for that to have any impact, the poor bastards need to start compensation claims.

I don’t where to start putting a figure on what each person would be entitled to but some have killed themselves (in which case presumably their families would raise the action), some are mental and physical wrecks and all will be scarred for life.

I understand that one poor cunt even has to prostitute himself on a very, very early breakfast radio programme.

The suing can begin because the legal case has been won - and there will be ambulance chasers rubbing their hands at the thought of cases like this.

If the Torbett case goes the same way, it will cost them an absolute fortune and I have no doubt that they have been tucking money behind the sofa for the day of reckoning. That eyesore of a hotel they’re planning will never get built unless George Square CSC/Glasgow City Council build it for them.

Ain’t karma a bitch.

They've made a right cunt of this Boyata transfer.  Fulham offer good money which they turned down and now the English window is closed.  The player has downed tools, refused to play at the weekend, and now states he will leave for free when his deal runs out next summer.  They'll be panicking right now trying to find another club who is willing to buy him and probably wont get anything like the money Fulham were offering.  

30 minutes ago, TMB said:

They've made a right cunt of this Boyata transfer.  Fulham offer good money which they turned down and now the English window is closed.  The player has downed tools, refused to play at the weekend, and not states he has no intention of signing a new deal and will leave for free when his deal runs out next summer.  They'll be panicking right now trying to find another club who is willing to buy him and probably wont get anything like the money Fulham were offering.  

did Fulham actually offer 9m though. if offered that for a player with less than a year on his contract it's absolute madness to refuse .

dont think he's even worth that with 4 years even with mental English money 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

They've made a right cunt of this Boyata transfer.  Fulham offer good money which they turned down and now the English window is closed.  The player has downed tools, refused to play at the weekend, and now states he has no intention of signing a new deal and will leave for free when his deal runs out next summer.  They'll be panicking right now trying to find another club who is willing to buy him and probably wont get anything like the money Fulham were offering.  

They couldn't have given him away a year or so ago, maybe even months ago. He was a bit of a laughing stock, and is/was always prone to mistakes. Now after a few competent performances at the World Cup against at best mediocre teams his value has gone up a bit. EPL teams will always pay extra and they will always hope they can get similar value to VVD. I don't know how accurate £9million is but I wouldn't be surprised if they received a substantial offer, certainly in the millions. For them to now potentially be held to ransom by a player of his ability is quite hilarious. To potentially lose out on millions is utter madness.

31 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

They couldn't have given him away a year or so ago, maybe even months ago. He was a bit of a laughing stock, and is/was always prone to mistakes. Now after a few competent performances at the World Cup against at best mediocre teams his value has gone up a bit. EPL teams will always pay extra and they will always hope they can get similar value to VVD. I don't know how accurate £9million is but I wouldn't be surprised if they received a substantial offer, certainly in the millions. For them to now potentially be held to ransom by a player of his ability is quite hilarious. To potentially lose out on millions is utter madness.

That head the ball Hartson said he was worth 50 million 

Could celtic actually die of all this shame and embarrassment, probably not as they are too too too big to die, and they've got more than 60 000 fans, with an option to have more fans made available.

Archived