* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

16 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

It's amazing how a few poor results have seriously taken it's toll on him. He looked genuinely ill on Thursday after their game. He's under major pressure. We have to make it count big time

Is it just me or has he gone a bit Pete Postlethwaite???

IMG_6272.PNG

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6270.JPG

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Got to agree with you here, I'm all for us beatng them but even a draw would be an improvement in first game, they are poor the now but they will be up for it and no matter what, they still have goals in them. 

I have said this to many of my mates. We are a really diffirent team but I'm here to be proved wrong next week, I'm confident in what we have but don't want to be jumping the gun in this yet.

I had real vivid dream the other night 

I kid you not .So I know what I'm betting next week 

Katic scored first for us but they scored at the death 1-1

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I had real vivid dream the other night 

I kid you not .So I know what I'm betting next week 

Katic scored first for us but they scored at the death 1-1

Your backing 0-4 then?

16 minutes ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Is it just me or has he gone a bit Pete Postlethwaite???

IMG_6272.PNG

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6270.JPG

He looks like he’s taken to pouting like the wee girls in their selfies. 

Hes defo an odd one Brendan is. 

47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

You could probably throw in McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barasic, Flanagan, Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Ejaria and Morelos and that's almost a full team that cost not much off £7.5million (albeit 2 are loans).

There is so much value out there. Mad cunts think throwing money at mediocre, overpriced talents is the answer when it's just daft and makes no sense from a footballing view and certainly not from a business view either. It's almost like they need to be seen to be spending large transfer fees. EPL is worse for it. It's madness that guys like Goldson, Katic, Barasic, Coulibaly etc were not on the radar of EPL teams when they have the scouting set up to unearth these talents for relative pennies in comparison to EPL budgets. However they'll just waste £30million on a guy from the same league they play in who's had 3 good games all season!

I think you're massively underestimating the gulf in quality between our league and the EPL.

Those four players would be very good championship level players but there's not a chance of say Coulibaly bettering even the below average EPL midfielders. Yet, anyway.

47 minutes ago, markem said:

If he’s joined that at a time when we weren’t a shadow of our former (and future self) he wouldn’t have lasted a year.

Hint of pressure and he looks like he’s heading for rehab 

Exactly . 

Ive never bought in to the media claiming how good he or his team are . Fuck sake , they're not even a patch on the team oneill had while we were winning trebles and doubles off them . I've said all along , this isnt about how good they are , but how poor we , and the rest of Scottish football , have been lately . Probably the poorest standard of football the Scottish league has ever seen .  

One thing I will give him though , is he's quick to see an opportunity , but I sense that's soon to change . I don't think we're quite there yet , but for the first time in 5/6 years we can visibly see we're heading in the right direction . 

19 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think you're massively underestimating the gulf in quality between our league and the EPL.

Those four players would be very good championship level players but there's not a chance of say Coulibaly bettering even the below average EPL midfielders. Yet, anyway.

I think you're possibly overrating the EPL. It's nowhere near the quality it once was IMO. I'm not suggesting our players walk into a top 6 EPL but anything below that I believe they could do a job. Could Goldson do a job at a Newcastle, Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, West Ham, Burnley? Could Coulibaly do similar, IMO, yes. Of course some will argue Goldson couldn't get a game at Brighton but the two Brighton centre halves were/are in the form of their lives. He was just a little unlucky there. One good game in the EPL and suddenly everyone loses all sense of perspective. Admittedly I've not seen a lot Coulibaly, and you could argue the same against me, but his style IMO is perfectly suited for most teams and I think he could adapt to playing at most teams. You would also think a guy on the fringes of the Croatian squad would be on someone's radar. In addition to that you have the bold Boyata being touted around down south for silly money. Would you rather have him or Goldson. I know who i'd rather have.

I know it's always mentioned but Andy Robertson is now established himself as one of the bets left backs in the EPL. In EPL terms £8million is nothing but when he went to Hull he was even cheaper. You also have guys like Coleman, Ryan Fraser, and of course Kante who all cost very little. Even if those kind of signings fail it's pennies for EPL team so they have very little to lose. I just think EPL teams seem to be doing their shopping similar to the tarriers insofar as they are just signing players they've played against them in an overpriced market. They spend £20/£30million without blinking an eye when a good scouting system could potentially get you 2, 3, 4 players and much better value. Not that i'm complaining though As long as we are on the right track that's all that matters. :tu:

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

You could probably throw in McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barasic, Flanagan, Jack, Coulibaly, Arfield, Ejaria and Morelos and that's almost a full team that cost not much off £7.5million (albeit 2 are loans).

There is so much value out there. Mad cunts think throwing money at mediocre, overpriced talents is the answer when it's just daft and makes no sense from a footballing view and certainly not from a business view either. It's almost like they need to be seen to be spending large transfer fees. EPL is worse for it. It's madness that guys like Goldson, Katic, Barasic, Coulibaly etc were not on the radar of EPL teams when they have the scouting set up to unearth these talents for relative pennies in comparison to EPL budgets. However they'll just waste £30million on a guy from the same league they play in who's had 3 good games all season!

Coulibaly couldn't get a game for a shite French team.

Just speculating but could the scums lack of new players and desperation shown with McKenna be less to do with there lack of funds and more to do with the impending court cases with decent players not wanting to go near a club involved in sexual abuse of children.

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

It's amazing how a few poor results have seriously taken it's toll on him. He looked genuinely ill on Thursday after their game. He's under major pressure. We have to make it count big time

It really is incredible . You'd never have thought they'd just won a sixth trophy in a row just 3 months ago. The arrogance and the fact that the majority of their fans are more interested in what "Sevco" are up to is really coming back to bite them massively. I'd love to see us put some sustained pressure on this season. A win next Sunday would start it but I think if we were to win the Betfred Cup that would be the beginning of the end for Brenda. 

23 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Just speculating but could the scums lack of new players and desperation shown with McKenna be less to do with there lack of funds and more to do with the impending court cases with decent players not wanting to go near a club involved in sexual abuse of children.

Nope 

49 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

1) think you're possibly overrating the EPL. It's nowhere near the quality it once was IMO.

2) Could Goldson do a job at a Newcastle, Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, West Ham, Burnley?

3) You would also think a guy on the fringes of the Croatian squad would be on someone's radar.

1) I don't watch anywhere near as much of it as I used to as it's become soulless, but the standard in general bar maybe 2 or 3 sides is light years away from us never mind our league. Over the course of a season we'd struggle to get into the top 6 in the English championship and would be certainties to be bottom in the EPL.

2) I agree he probably could, but he wouldn't look like the second coming of Bobby Moore like he looks for us. He's a top championship player, capable of doing a job for lower EPL teams, who is looking like a star against mainly English league 1 level opposition.

3) He looks like he'll be a very good player for us and I'm happy to have him, but Corluka was in the squad and he's absolutely done. 

I agree with you that they're overspending, but think the players they're overspending on are still far better players than the ones we're bringing in. If we suddenly played in England we would have a solid championship side with maybe 3 or 4 players capable (right now) of playing in the EPL.

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

That doesn’t matter because players can pass medicals while injured.

celtic will already be aware of his current injury and unless they identify it as having the potential to lead to bigger problems down the line then he will still pass.

It’s major unidentified issues or underlying problems that can lead to problems that medical teams will flag up as an issue and a reason to fail. 

Surely wanting to join them is a major mental health issue that needs to be highlighted.

4 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

Ive been thinking this for a few months. he doesnt look well. he is thinner, the face is more gaunt, the hairline receeding and thinner and i am sure he is wearing make up. To be honest my initial thoughts were that he has a serious disease when I saw him a few weeks back.

4 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Well lets hope Brenda better hurry up cause the transfer window is ticking 

Last week - BR -  ‘Boyota was fit to play in Europe ’ -

‘‘We will only bring in quality not quantity’....

Fast forward -  BR - ‘Boyota couldn’t play in Europe because of the back problem that stopped him from playing last week ’ 

‘I want 4 players in before the window shuts’ 

All over the place and frustrating no-one in MSM is confronting him and calling it out. On the upside I’m personally enjoying how things are starting to play out and a win next week for us will cause major unrest in the East end...

30 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive been thinking this for a few months. he doesnt look well. he is thinner, the face is more gaunt, the hairline receeding and thinner and i am sure he is wearing make up. To be honest my initial thoughts were that he has a serious disease when I saw him a few weeks back.

Think the ‘make up’ is a given mate. He fucking loves himself.

Archived