* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not according to this :-

4bzpZE6.jpg

The jammy bastards will get through.

The difference with the Debrechen example is that he was not actually banned through a disciplinary hearing.

I would hope that since he has served the ban but wasn't named on the match sheet for one of them they will realise it is an administrative error and hit them with a small fine. Absolutely ridiculous If they throw them out.

I would hope that since he has served the ban but wasn't named on the match sheet for one of them they will realise it is an administrative error and hit them with a small fine. Absolutely ridiculous If they throw them out.

I agree, but you will have Lawell threatening all sorts of legal action if they dont.

They will get through on the back of this.

Celtic will hope that the investigation will lead to their re-instatement into Europe's premier club competition despite their 6-1 aggregate defeat.

Bereszynski was sent off in Legia's final Europa League tie last season against Apollon Limassol.

Sion were thrown out of the Europa League in 2011 following a 3-1 aggregate defeat of Celtic after they were found to have fielded ineligible players.

The Swiss club signed five players while they were still under a transfer ban imposed by Fifa after breaching rules over the signing of Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary three years earlier.

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour."

Celtic will hope that the investigation will lead to their re-instatement into Europe's premier club competition despite their 6-1 aggregate defeat.

Bereszynski was sent off in Legia's final Europa League tie last season against Apollon Limassol.

Sion were thrown out of the Europa League in 2011 following a 3-1 aggregate defeat of Celtic after they were found to have fielded ineligible players.

The Swiss club signed five players while they were still under a transfer ban imposed by Fifa after breaching rules over the signing of Egypt goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary three years earlier.

However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour."

I agree, but you will have Lawell threatening all sorts of legal action if they dont.

You unfortunately might be right MM, but I see the BBC webite is using the Debrecen situation in their article. I am hanging onto any bit of info that might see them staying out. :)

Get up aff yer knees ya shower of bhead rhattling lepers.

Cringeworthy shower of shameless bastards.

It'll be a fine.If not,who the fucks gonna fear playing these clowns when LW should have spanked them for ten over the 2 legs.

They simply cannot chuck out Legia and replace them with the tims because a player played 4 minutes when they were 6-1 up on aggregate.. surely they can't?

Sion was an extreme case, this is as minor as it gets but I don't know what the rules stipulate

They simply cannot chuck out Legia and replace them with the tims because a player played 4 minutes when they were 6-1 up on aggregate.. surely they can't?

Sion was an extreme case, this is as minor as it gets but I don't know what the rules stipulate

Anything is possible when it comes to liewell and making money.

I'm confident that Legia will receive a fine for this as it was so clearly an honest error and the fact he only came on for the last few minutes. The action had no bearing on the result whatsoever.

I'm sure sporting integrity fc will be doing their victims of an injustice best though in order to have them thrown out.