* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

So the difference between the legia player and the Debrecen player is the Debrecen player was ineligble whilst the Legia player was suspended.

UEFA rules say that a club playing a suspended player will forfeit that game 3-0.

Can't believe those tarrier bastards are getting through on away goals.

If only Legia had managed to score one of their penalties

You'll be ecstatic if yous get through eh?

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the difference between the legia player and the Debrecen player is the Debrecen player was ineligble whilst the Legia player was suspended.

UEFA rules say that a club playing a suspended player will forfeit that game 3-0.

:lol:

He wasn't suspended as he had missed 3 games as per his suspension. He may have been ineligible due to an administration error. He is listed in UEFA web site as being a Legia squad player.

Not getting through on away goals, getting through because of a minor admin error by a team that thrashed them 6-1 going on 8-1 on aggregate.

Meeting at 9am tomorrow

Apparently the player wasn't registered for the St.pats games so technically didn't serve his 3 match ban

Looks the Tims are going through lads

They will be awarded a 3-0 going by the rule book

Unbelievable

He was registered. He played for legia last year, he just wasn't named in match squad, it's an admin error he sat out three games but Warsaw didn't name him in team sheets that's all

Meeting at 9am tomorrow

Apparently the player wasn't registered for the St.pats games so technically didn't serve his 3 match ban

Looks the Tims are going through lads

They will be awarded a 3-0 going by the rule book

Unbelievable

disqualification for a minor error would be extremely harsh

He was registered. He played for legia last year, he just wasn't named in match squad, it's an admin error he sat out three games but Warsaw didn't name him in team sheets that's all

That sounds better then.

The reports I read say that he still has a suspension of 3 games to sit as he wasn't registered in Legias first 3 European matches.

I know he missed 3 games but what ever they have done or not done means technically he hasn't missed 3 games

Im only going on what I'm reading on twitter about it

I really hope common sense prevails but uefa aren't exactly know for that are they

That sounds better then.

The reports I read say that he still has a suspension of 3 games to sit as he wasn't registered in Legias first 3 European matches.

That's my understanding of it

He HAS missed 3 games but because he "wasn't in the team" he hasn't

I genuinely think they will get a 3-0 awarded to them