* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Legia have, and no it's not fair. One way or another, Uefa have this one very wrong. First off their rule is shit, second they should have some element of flexibility in their application. To have rules that treat that Debrecen incident as different to this is ridiculous.

UEFA have forgotten the precedence set in the Debrecen incident, when ruling on Legia

Don't react to this, that lot will just get kicks from it. They will be out in the next round and every fucking one knows it. everyone.

I couldn't give a fuck tbh. This is potentially terrible news for our club. We were given a chance to close the gap on them and it's been whipped away.

UEFA have forgotten the precedence set in the Debrecen incident, when ruling on Legia

Different circumstances. UEFA followed their rules there and they have done so here. If you want a precedent, Maccabi Haifa is the correct precedent and the same thing happened to them (thrown out). An ineligible player is not the same as a banned player.

I couldn't give a fuck tbh. This is potentially terrible news for our club. We were given a chance to close the gap on them and it's been whipped away.

Well it wouldn't have been as big a gap but they are still miles away from wgere we are finances wise without this years CL.

You're joking right?

The score in the last game is wiped and it goes 3-0 Celtic. So along with the 4-1 in the first leg it makes it 4-4 and Celtic go through on away goals

They were awarded a 3-0 win for the second leg which makes it 4-4 on aggregate with them going through on away goals.

Cheers lads, ive pulled my head out my arse now.

Well it wouldn't have been as big a gap but they are still miles away from wgere we are finances wise without this years CL.

Of course, which is why we need every boost we can get.

couldn't make this shit up. fucking :anguish:

The silver lining is they will get raped in the next qualifier.

(tu) It will be nice to watch them getting pumped out the CL by diddy teams twice in one season :lol:

Different circumstances. UEFA followed their rules there and they have done so here. If you want a precedent, Maccabi Haifa is the correct precedent and the same thing happened to them (thrown out). An ineligible player is not the same as a banned player.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be the same. UEFA's rules are a nonsense.

I'll repeat what I genuinely believe; the rules would be applied more sensibly if it were Barca.

Because we shouldn't need to look over to that shitepitt to determine how well we will do, we will return to that league and scrape up. It's in our hands, not theirs.

Nonsense. As our only rivals, their success and any financial boost they get has a direct affect on us. It's illogical to suggest otherwise.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be the same. UEFA's rules are a nonsense.

I'll repeat what I genuinely believe; the rules would be applied more sensibly if it were Barca.

Agreed. In this instance UEFA are following their rules but had it been Barca I'm sure they would have applied common sense. But it should be noted that in that case it's Barca who UEFA are bending the rules for, not Celtic.

Legia's Mioduski (cont.): "We made a mistake and we apologise but the punishment is not proportionate. Be with us, we shall keep fighting."

i feel for them, its a very harsh punishment for what is essentially no more than a clerical error. Can legia appeal the decision?

Archived