* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feelsorry for Warsaw. They've been trying to get in to the Champions LEague for 8 years. The players, manager, coaches, fans, must be fucking sick at this. The won the tie comfortably and because of a stupid mistake bringing on a player in the last couple of minutes they've to be flung out of the competition. The fans must be fucking sick.

Is there anything in the rules that says it's a 3-0 loss unless the actual score line is greater?

Yes:

"The consequences of a match being declared forfeit are as follows:

a) the team forfeiting the match is deemed to have lost 3-0 (5-0 in futsal

competitions), unless the actual result is less favourable to the member

association or club at fault, in which case that result stands; "

Just awaiting the spfl/sfa statement on the matter Probably something along the lines of "we believe the right decision has been made and we believe the only reasonable action for us to take in the name of sporting integrity is to deduct rangers of 25 points and enforce a 12 year transfer ban."

And the good news just keeps on coming eh! the official of the Polish club responsible for this should be hung by the baws.

As a side note, what happens at the bookies? already paid out on Legia I assume, what about all the is that lumped on?

In the 92/93 season, Leeds played Stuttgart, with the first leg 3-0 to Stuttgart, and the return 4-1 to Leeds at Elland Road.

Leeds went out on away goals.

BUT, there was a 3 foreigner rule at that time, and in the second leg, Stuttgart had put on a 4th foreign player, with minutes left to play.

Similar to this situation.

Uefa ruled that Stuttgart had broken the rule, awarded leeds the Default 3-0 win, and it had to go to a one-off replay, in Barcelona.

(We got Leeds in the next round, and beat them twice.)

Tough rule, but shit happens.

The precedent has been there a long time, and as much as I hate the Chunts, they sneak in through the luckiest ruling in their history.

Maybe that 4-leafed thing they wear is actually working.

The uefa match delegate was the one who flagged it up

The uefa match delegate was the one who flagged it up

He might have flagged it up but I'm sure he'd have been tipped of on it by those who have most to gain. EUFA delegates are in the hospitality suite after games not pouring over the team/squad paperwork for the previous 4-5 matches to find any discrepancies.

no but the rules state that the investigation is commenced if only the opposing team files a complaint, no one else, so if you won 5-0 to turn over a 4-0 first leg score, you arent exactly going to complain about it are you

and a 3-0 scoreline has been issued in the past, so if the tarriers lost by more than 3 goals in the first leg then even a complaint from them would only have resulted in a 3-0 forfeit still and they'd still have went out

they just got fucking lucky big time, but it wont last

Ah didn't know about the first part

Yes:

"The consequences of a match being declared forfeit are as follows:

a) the team forfeiting the match is deemed to have lost 3-0 (5-0 in futsal

competitions), unless the actual result is less favourable to the member

association or club at fault, in which case that result stands; "

(tu)

What is the name of the cunt working at eufa that worked for the bheasts and what is his position? Any ideas?

Are you maybe thinking of Eric Riley? He's their finance director and is on the finance committee of the ECA but don't think he is anything to do with UEFA

They are going for a record, the first team to get pumped out of Europe 3 times in a season! Bring it on :7325: :7325: :7325:

Think you could knock the scum out 10 times and their attitude wouldn't change .That's why we know them as the beggars .No shame and would do anything to get what they want .

What is the name of the cunt working at eufa that worked for the bheasts and what is his position? Any ideas?

Brian Quinn works for uefa and I'm sure his role at the scum was chairman and he's something to do with fair play at uefa.

If I had to bet on it i'd say he was the one who tipped off the scum to complain

And the good news just keeps on coming eh! the official of the Polish club responsible for this should be hung by the baws.

As a side note, what happens at the bookies? already paid out on Legia I assume, what about all the is that lumped on?

Keep hold of your coupon until after the appeal ;)

Not a chance,they aren't a big draw anymore Scottish football is on it's arse and the standard of player has dropped dramatically,hardly think they'll be a clamour to see superstars such as Charlie Mulgrew or Dick Van Dyke in the champions league

Wait, I'm confused. Are Rangers is still a big club ? We've been languishing about in the lower leagues for the last 2 years.

Wait, I'm confused. Are Rangers is still a big club ? We've been languishing about in the lower leagues for the last 2 years.

If you're talking history,fan base and trophies won then of course we are a massive club,but how many neutrals would tune in to watch our games? same goes for the beggars who other than their own rabid fans would tune in to watch them in the champions league? I'm sure Uefa won't be losing any sleep if they don't make it

Archived