* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What good to Legia is a couple of weeks ?

Financial compensation. If they win it's likely they'll receive the lost earnings for the qualifiers against Maribor. But the reality is they won't get anything. I'm no fan of UEFA but they followed their own rules and CAS won't award financial compensation over a case where the real argument is not the crime but the severity of the punishment. It was always a desperation move from Legia and, unsurprisingly, it's failed.

Financial compensation. If they win it's likely they'll receive the lost earnings for the qualifiers against Maribor. But the reality is they won't get anything. I'm no fan of UEFA but they followed their own rules and CAS won't award financial compensation over a case where the real argument is not the crime but the severity of the punishment. It was always a desperation move from Legia and, unsurprisingly, it's failed.

pretty much this

Cool, it was a desperation move from the tarriers appealing in the first place shameless bastards, couldn't make their neck with a blow torch, gubbed 6-1 and they;re not even embarrassed about it.

Cool, it was a desperation move from the tarriers appealing in the first place shameless bastards, couldn't make their neck with a blow torch, gubbed 6-1 and they;re not even embarrassed about it.

Sadly that's modern football; money reigns supreme. Teams will cheat their way to victories (on and off the park) as the financial (and other) rewards far outweigh anything else. The history books will read Celtic 3 Legia 0 and many will forget the asterisk detailing how Celtic were thrashed. Barca have just paraded their new marquee signing tonight and not a fan seems to care for his wonderful habits - as long as he wins, right? :rolleyes:

None of those in the governing bodies care about football any more.

Money is all that matters and they are killing the game because of it.

this, the champions league and uefa has destroyed european football. Once proud clubs like anderlect, ajax etc are left to fight for the scraps with the rest of us. If barca fielded a perceived suspended player it would be nothing to see here . Relative no mark clubs in europes elite tournament same quarters semis and finals every few years if rangers not in it I barely even watch a few games.

The laywer heading the legal team for Legia in this case had commented before the application was tendered that the chance of CAS granting provisional measures had only 1% of being successful, so the decision was not unexpected.

Here is part of the transcript from the press conference given by Dariusz Mioduski after the CAS decision denying Legia provisional measures was handed down.

“We expected this decision. We just felt we needed to file for provisional measures because this was our last chance to get reinstated.

“But the fact is, knowing that both Uefa and Celtic would be filing documents and arguing against us, we didn’t expect the courts would make a different decision at this point.

“We know we will be playing in the Europa League. We accept that, but we will not give up on our pursuit on what we believe is justice for football.”

Mioduski added: “The main thing for us is making sure the rule is changed and that Uefa actually considers that.

“I don’t see it as us fighting against Uefa at this point. I see it as working more with Uefa to make sure a situation like this will never happen again.”

Personally I feel sorry for Marta Ostrowska, who is the club administrator and who is ultimately responsible for ensuring all documentation is 100% watertight and understood clearly. (even although she says it is not her fault)

The arbitration process will continue on for another few weeks before any ruling/recommendations come from CAS but that is cold comfort to Legia and the fans who have been beaten by a rule that is stupid at best and totally insane at worst.

The proud motto of Legia Warszawa is: "Miasto ktore przezylo wlasna smierc" which in English means "The City that survived its own death"

That's the closest thing to No Surrender I can think of.

The Legion will survive this setback and carry on regardless.

They come out like Australians when someone's dropped a dollar

Any self respecting Aussie wouldn't even bend over to pick a dollar up :craphead: you couldn't even buy a box of matches for a dollar in Sydney these days.

It's 10 bucks minimum or it can stay there :lol:

This should be sent to the piggery:

Not a good idea,peter; those cunts would be lining up to tie the laces of the goalie to get as many free kicks as possible. and get the ball around the wall

Archived