* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

The laywer heading the legal team for Legia in this case had commented before the application was tendered that the chance of CAS granting provisional measures had only 1% of being successful, so the decision was not unexpected.

Here is part of the transcript from the press conference given by Dariusz Mioduski after the CAS decision denying Legia provisional measures was handed down.

“We expected this decision. We just felt we needed to file for provisional measures because this was our last chance to get reinstated.

“But the fact is, knowing that both Uefa and Celtic would be filing documents and arguing against us, we didn’t expect the courts would make a different decision at this point.

“We know we will be playing in the Europa League. We accept that, but we will not give up on our pursuit on what we believe is justice for football.”

Mioduski added: “The main thing for us is making sure the rule is changed and that Uefa actually considers that.

“I don’t see it as us fighting against Uefa at this point. I see it as working more with Uefa to make sure a situation like this will never happen again.”

Personally I feel sorry for Marta Ostrowska, who is the club administrator and who is ultimately responsible for ensuring all documentation is 100% watertight and understood clearly. (even although she says it is not her fault)

The arbitration process will continue on for another few weeks before any ruling/recommendations come from CAS but that is cold comfort to Legia and the fans who have been beaten by a rule that is stupid at best and totally insane at worst.

The proud motto of Legia Warszawa is: "Miasto ktore przezylo wlasna smierc" which in English means "The City that survived its own death"

That's the closest thing to No Surrender I can think of.

The Legion will survive this setback and carry on regardless.

I hope they play timmy again sooner rather than later (tu)

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Septic racing against time to get their newest loanee registered in time for the Maribor game. God forbid an administrative fuck up led them to field an inelligble player...

We would never know about it bud as only clubs that are corrupt and sneaky would ever think about pursuing these type of things .With the help of few high up friends of course

State aid FC.

Say no more.

Which is valid (and hopefully soon to punished) issue but it has little do with this. As someone pointed out earlier, it's the rules that are flawed. It's the antithesis to the precious "sporting integrity" we've heard before, but I think it's beyond naive to expect any corporation to walkaway from such a lucrative proposition. Either you want the rules followed (in which case Legia should be out) or you want the rules circumvented.

once one rule is circumvented, then where does it stop

UEFA were wrongly right in this situation, they were right in following their own rules, but wrong in that the rule is too harsh and doesnt allow any wriggle room

Don't even think it's necessarily that though, the rule in question is open to interpretation as I don't believe it actually states that the player in question has to be registered I believe this is what Legia are arguing about, in their eyes the player in question had served his 3 match suspension, when the squads were submitted UEFA should have been clear with Legia regarding the player and should never have allowed him to even be on the bench.

Don't even think it's necessarily that though, the rule in question is open to interpretation as I don't believe it actually states that the player in question has to be registered I believe this is what Legia are arguing about, in their eyes the player in question had served his 3 match suspension, when the squads were submitted UEFA should have been clear with Legia regarding the player and should never have allowed him to even be on the bench.

the player does have to be registered though, thats always been the case, I think the rule is 100% fine, what needs to happen though is the rule must be made clearer

the player does have to be registered though, thats always been the case, I think the rule is 100% fine, what needs to happen though is the rule must be made clearer

No it hasn't, uefa have the rule that for cl at certain dates you name a squad, they introduced the must name suspended players rule recently. Why the fuck would anyone name a suspended player in their squad? The rule makes no sense unless the whole squad is supposed to be weaker rather than just the match day team. The suspension is what should matter, why would anyone be expected to name a 25 man squad which contains a banned player for that round, making it effectively a 24 man squad, daft rule made up by beaurocrats and not football men.

No it hasn't, uefa have the rule that for cl at certain dates you name a squad, they introduced the must name suspended players rule recently. Why the fuck would anyone name a suspended player in their squad? The rule makes no sense unless the whole squad is supposed to be weaker rather than just the match day team. The suspension is what should matter, why would anyone be expected to name a 25 man squad which contains a banned player for that round, making it effectively a 24 man squad, daft rule made up by beaurocrats and not football men.

Spoken like a man who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about!

this isn't a new rule so please don't pretend you know it is, over 10 years ago, thats TEN whole years ago after Newcastle signed Lee Bowyer from West Ham, he was banned for Newcastle's opening six UEFA Cup games in 2003 after a suspension carried over from his Leeds days from 2002, Newcastle didn't include him in the European squad, they found out after the six games that Lee was still banned as he hadn't been registeted to serve his ban so it carried over for another six games, he essentially missed 12 games due to Newcastle not being aware of this.

That's why I said the rule is fine, clubs need to be better educated on it though and make sure everyone is in no doubt of what is expected from the club of a banned player.

You have to be registered with a competition to be banned from it, thats just simple common sense or else Bowyer's suspension would have already been up while he was toiling away with West Ham

Lets not pretend this is some kind of new rule just to fit a narrative and validate a point!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/3517337.stm

A quote from the UEFA spokesman is key here "for a player to serve his ban, he needs first to be listed as an eligible player, this is nothing new"

Can we put this to bed now? Its fucking cringey

Archived