* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that this judgement is massively unfair. The player contributed nothing to the game therefore the only punishment this would merit is a small fine. To boot them out of the competition depriving them of income they justly deserved is very harsh.

Any rivalry we have with the ceptic scum aside it's obvious to everyone that this is OTT. The only fan of their's I have spoken to would not say anything other than 'we don't make the rules'.

FFS read my two posts above on this same page, the rule isn't unfair, its as fair as you can be, the problem is maybe some clubs don't fully understand the ruling, UEFA probably need to educate better but it doesn't matter if you play 90 games, 90 minutes or 90 seconds, it doesn't matter the score, if a player under suspension participates in the match at any time then the match will be forfeited 3-0, the only way the "score" will change is if the team who don't make the mistake have a scoreline greater than the generic 3-0.

FFS read my two posts above on this same page, the rule isn't unfair, its as fair as you can be, the problem is maybe some clubs don't fully understand the ruling, UEFA probably need to educate better but it doesn't matter if you play 90 games, 90 minutes or 90 seconds, it doesn't matter the score, if a player under suspension participates in the match at any time then the match will be forfeited 3-0, the only way the "score" will change is if the team who don't make the mistake have a scoreline greater than the generic 3-0.

The rule is clear, what was unclear to legia, is the Two matches missed by the player but not registered. It was an admin error they thought he had served the suspension, once the guy went on the park legia were fucked. If the guy had not missed three matches and legia were being subversive then the punishment is just, in this case it is very harsh for an admin error.

The rule is clear, what was unclear to legia, is the Two matches missed by the player but not registered. It was an admin error they thought he had served the suspension, once the guy went on the park legia were fucked. If the guy had not missed three matches and legia were being subversive then the punishment is just, in this case it is very harsh for an admin error.

They fired the guy who made the error, fair enough.

when you tried to claim I was wrong the other day I went out way to show you where you went wrong but you patched it completely, its not a new rule like I've already told you, it was harsh on Legia but they're not the first club that failed to register a suspended player, fortunately for the likes of Newcastle, they cottoned on before fielding Lee Bowyer.

I'm not so sure the rule is unclear, it obviously has been to certain clubs in the past, Legia being the lost recent but the vast majority of clubs, our own included haven't been done over by this rule so I'm guessing most understand and can interpret the rules accordingly

when you tried to claim I was wrong the other day I went out way to show you where you went wrong but you patched it completely, its not a new rule like I've already told you, it was harsh on Legia but they're not the first club that failed to register a suspended player, fortunately for the likes of Newcastle, they cottoned on before fielding Lee Bowyer.

I'm not so sure the rule is unclear, it obviously has been to certain clubs in the past, Legia being the lost recent but the vast majority of clubs, our own included haven't been done over by this rule so I'm guessing most understand and can interpret the rules accordingly

I did not I had not been in the thread and did not catch the reply, yes I was wrong so I picked wrong info from elsewhere so sue me.

Regarding interpretation of the rule clearly it is an issue otherwise this would not have happened.

Stop being upset because you thought I ignored a post of yours, it is a forum, these things happen I was wrong you were right congratulations.

I still think it is a stupid rule.

It's not a stupid rule though, its the most logical way of applying the rule, your judgement on this is being clouded by who has benefitted from it, hopefully after the tims get pumpfrsted tomorrow you'll see that

I believe that having to register the players for that squad even though they can't play is a stupid rule. I really don't care who benefitted from it. Football is no longer won on the pitch thanks to a rule that needs a bit of a rethink. We won't agree so be it.

I believe that having to register the players for that squad even though they can't play is a stupid rule. I really don't care who benefitted from it. Football is no longer won on the pitch thanks to a rule that needs a bit of a rethink. We won't agree so be it.

Well it was a technical admin error that got Legia kicked out not the football so I would agree with your statement. As for the rules I I understand this rule has only recently been introduced so you would think there would be some sort of understanding but this wasnt the case. It was rules are rules if this was Barc and Legia I would bet they still be in the completion and scum would be out.
JohnHardie likes this

You have to be registered though or else whats the point in a suspension, like I said, if he didn't need to be registered then his "suspension" would have just been played out in the remainder of last Seasons European competition.

I think you're being disingenuous when you say you don't care who benefitted from it, I think the very reason that mob benefitted from it is the reason you wont see it from UEFA's poibt of view and only Legia's