* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats another dodge that this club are up too .Not sure what for or why they lie about this but I'm sure their friends in the Hmrc over look it .

They post obscene figures because they don't want the English to know the truth about their support. By all accounts there was only around 20,000 there last night. They have a pathetic support, and are constantly the butt of jokes because of their quoted attendance figures. Our fans constantly turn up; theirs don't. That's the difference. Only one team in Scotland when it comes to support!

To be fair .There is times when we have had some pish poor crowds .They always seem to me highlighted by newspapers though when we do ..I'm more concerned about why they seem to be the only club in Scotland that lie about exact crowd figure

Sure we have some poor crowds at times and that's never denied.

They try and portray their support as some romantic football phenomenon that is unmatched in world football whereas in truth three quarters of the stadium was empty and it kills them to admit it.

You couldn't give them a red neck with a blowtorch.

Or maybe they have increased their capacity to 160,000.

The BBC sport thing came up on my facebook and I clicked on the comments to see if anybody was ripping them. Lo and behold at the top of the comments was a deluded one harping on about them having a better attendance than Liverpool v Man Utd :000000082:

No wonder they think Big Jock Didn't Know, they have no grip on reality whatsoever :lol:

Wonder if they give an accurate number in cup games. Think they have to give a %tage of takings to away team.

You can't count absent season ticket holders in cup matches :D

I do seem to remember from years back that they used to report lower attendances as tickets bought on the gates were not counted. Tax dodging fuckers :wanker:

They either counted all the season tickets or if they weren't valid, the free tickets they printed and tried to give away.

The true actual number of attendees I think they have to declare to the police/council?

It'll be this. They have forty something thousand ST holders. We did it last season. We were declaring 30 something thousand and it was clearly only in the high teens.

They should still be worried that people aren't bothering to turn up, though. Same as us last season. It's not healthy.

It'll be this. They have forty something thousand ST holders. We did it last season. We were declaring 30 something thousand and it was clearly only in the high teens.

They should still be worried that people aren't bothering to turn up, though. Same as us last season. It's not healthy.

I don't think that they are comparable imo, they are in the top position and until we are back without any real challenge.

Last year our fans had boycotts and some really poor football to contend with, not to mention all the boardroom shenanagins.

There support should take a long look at themselves as they really have had free reign to strengthen but have settled for mediocrity from their board and although they wont admit it, missed us pushing them on.

19 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

I don't think that they are comparable imo, they are in the top position and until we are back without any real challenge.

Last year our fans had boycotts and some really poor football to contend with, not to mention all the boardroom shenanagins.

There support should take a long look at themselves as they really have had free reign to strengthen but have settled for mediocrity from their board and although they wont admit it, missed us pushing them on.

I don't think they're comparable either. I meant same in the sense that both are/were unhealhy for the respective clubs, albeit with different causes.

Archived