* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

it isnt far off it tbh, shite i know but mccoist didnt win any out of 4, walters last season we won 1 in the CL and didnt win any of our 4 europa league games, thats 14, none in the 6 CL games the year before, lost to kaunas the year before so thats 22, uefa cup run before that we didnt win any of the last 3 games

It's a definite leveller .That's for sure 

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Why is this being portrayed as a good result?

1-1 on paper, is a good result.

However for anybody who watched it, it's a very, very different story. If I was one of them, I'd be incredibly worried by the direction in which their club is taking. Both on and off the pitch, they've been regressing year after year.

5 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

1-1 on paper, is a good result.

However for anybody who watched it, it's a very, very different story. If I was one of them, I'd be incredibly worried by the direction in which their club is taking. Both on and off the pitch, they've been regressing year after year.

Yeah the away goal means they have the advantage. 

Brenda is forcing a passing playstyle on people who don't have an idea how to do that. Mark Warburton had a clean slate pretty much and could bring in people he knew that would be comfortable with a passing playstyle. 

Brenda has to sift through all those players, get rid of the deadwood and then bring in players that fit his vision. 

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Sad day when the champions of Scotland barely getting a draw against a team from Khazikstan is considered to be a good result. I wouldn't be overly pleased if it was us

Could be good bet for an away win. Celtic go all out from start, Astana sit in and hit on break. 

13 minutes ago, GMac said:

Could be good bet for an away win. Celtic go all out from start, Astana sit in and hit on break. 

Think I'll put a tenner on a celtc win, i'm that pish at predicting I always lose ;)

8 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Whoever gets through will end up the group stage whipping boys, might make a few quid but any reputation they have will be destroyed once up against top European side.

There's still another qualifying round after this 1 so the winner here Probly won't even make the group stage :lol:

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That record is correct btw, but it's misleading. However there are some shocking results in there against Kaunas, Maribor, Malmo and especially the 4-1 loss to Unirea.

1 win, 13 draws and 11 loses.

We've played Man United, Sevilla, Zenit, PSV, Sporting, Fiorentina, Stuttgart and Valencia in 15 of those 25 matches. 

Exactly.

For the most part, we weren't playing preliminary rounds. It was in the big league against the big boys. Celtic haven't even managed to qualify into the top tournament for the last four seasons.

Some of the weans on this forum know next to fuck all. Slagging a legendary manager like Walter Smith while hailing some unproven nobody who has done fuck all apart from win a second-tier diddy league and a diddy cup. I guess Walter never had a Twitter account but then he did have class and politesse and about 22 top-flight trophies. All things the existing incumbent sadly lacks.

That Unirea team would take about eight off Warburton's team from last season. Easily. Scottish football has slipped to an all-time low in the last five years and some of our fans think it's great.

I wonder how they will be feeling after being constantly gubbed by nondescript teams from so-called European outposts for the forseeable future...

Raging would be my guess. Possibly even going back to pretending to support Chelsea in some sad cases.

The rest of the Scottish clubs have been woeful in our absence so it's only going to get worse. We are now officially minnows. So revel in it and enjoy. None of you Walter-slaggers will ever see another European final in your lifetime :541: You'll be lucky to see another Champions League group stage the way things currently are.

But, aye... slag off Walter Smith. Worse than Tims.

26 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Exactly.

For the most part, we weren't playing preliminary rounds. It was in the big league against the big boys. Celtic haven't even managed to qualify into the top tournament for the last four seasons.

Some of the weans on this forum know next to fuck all. Slagging a legendary manager like Walter Smith while hailing some unproven nobody who has done fuck all apart from win a second-tier diddy league and a diddy cup. I guess Walter never had a Twitter account but then he did have class and politesse and about 22 top-flight trophies. All things the existing incumbent sadly lacks.

That Unirea team would take about eight off Warburton's team from last season. Easily. Scottish football has slipped to an all-time low in the last five years and some of our fans think it's great.

I wonder how they will be feeling after being constantly gubbed by nondescript teams from so-called European outposts for the forseeable future...

Raging would be my guess. Possibly even going back to pretending to support Chelsea in some sad cases.

The rest of the Scottish clubs have been woeful in our absence so it's only going to get worse. We are now officially minnows. So revel in it and enjoy. None of you Walter-slaggers will ever see another European final in your lifetime :541: You'll be lucky to see another Champions League group stage the way things currently are.

But, aye... slag off Walter Smith. Worse than Tims.

Hi Walter, big fan.

Archived