Barca and Rangers in talks over a link, loaning of youth players and business

Rangers will seek to give their burgeoning friendship with Barcelona a more formal basis, with rising stars from the Nou Camp invited to toughen up in Scotland.

Informal talks have already taken place between Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain and Barca president Joan Laporta over the past fortnight as the clubs met in the Champions League.

Bain believes there are many ways in which Rangers could benefit from a link with the Catalan giants, who fielded 17-year-old Bojan Krkic as a substitute during their 2-0 win on Wednesday.

The teenager, as well as 18-year-old Mexican, Giovani, are on the fringe of Frank Rijkaard's first-team squad but there could be other youngsters on the Spanish giants' books who would benefit from a spell in Glasgow.

"I hope to maintain our link with Barcelona,' said Bain. "We have had two very friendly occasions with them.

"I had been over to Barcelona previously to look at their youth academies and the structure there. It is one we have looked at closely as we seek to maximise Murray Park.

"They clearly have an awful lot of talent beneath Frank Rijkaard's first-team squad and the idea of one or two coming over to Scotland is something we will discuss inside Rangers. Some of the 18 and 19-year-olds they have are fantastic and they put a lot of work into that side of their development.

"Commercially, of course, Barca are massive and there are always things you can learn from a club like that."

Barcelona's 'reserves' play in the second division in Spain, using a smaller stadium next to the cavernous Nou Camp for their home games.

Teenage sensation Bojan, the Spanish son of a Serbian father, came through the ranks there and has already etched himself into the local record books.

When he scored against Villarreal just before the first game against Rangers, he became the club's youngest-ever league scorer, at 17 years one month and 22 days - younger than Lionel Messi.

Bojan was blooded by Rijkaard in the pre-season games against Dundee United and Hearts in July. Bain's next date in the company of Laporta will be in Brussels next week when the G14 clubs gather to discuss expansion.

Celtic have been invited as full members, with Rangers asked to become 'associate members'.

The G14 group of Europe's 18 most powerful clubs are looking to influence UEFA on a number of subjects, including the format of the Champions League.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

Doubt we'd get Bojan but its worth talking about.

Its fun to hear of this sort of thing, but they like to fabricate anything to fill blank pages

I take it with a pinch of salt, im sure i heard us being linked with Chelsea, leicester, Linfield at some point over the last ten years.

There is no news on Rangers main site or BBC site about this either.

I thought this was suppossed to happen a few years ago, started with Arteta and more were to follow?

Yeh i remember that

Motta (when he was young) was linked with us aswell until the Rangers-Barca thing fell on its arse

Then we had that deal with the Chinese team, then recently Juventus (which ive hear not much about)

I would love to see Dos Santos and Bojan in a Gers top though ;)