Glasgow City Council are catholics..

ricksen_da_best

One Club. Many Cultures. As the many different races pile into Glasgow, we become a club of many cultures. We have strong protestant links, but you do not need to be protestant to support Rangers. Religion really should have nothing to do with football. It's the 21st century, Catch-up for those of you stuck in the past.

We Are The People, No matter what race.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What have I started let the women and kids go free :lol:

You didn't start anything mate, ylou simply gave your oppinion. It is the idiot who started the thread who is to blame for this shambles.

I think the "idiot" who started the thread made a statement that was 100% accurate.

The big wigs at Glasgow City Council are Catholics - whether we like it or not - and they have moved wisely to get into positions of power in this country.

If people cannot handle that fact then that's their tough luck.

One Club. Many Cultures. As the many different races pile into Glasgow, we become a club of many cultures. We have strong protestant links, but you do not need to be protestant to support Rangers. Religion really should have nothing to do with football. It's the 21st century, Catch-up for those of you stuck in the past.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

Any other Culture wanting to support us can accept our ONE CULTURE or BUGGER OFF... why should we change our Identity for anyone?

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

Any other Culture wanting to support us can accept our ONE CULTURE or BUGGER OFF... why should we change our Identity for anyone?

Take a taxi to the present date mate. That's a truley racist remark.

You didn't start anything mate, ylou simply gave your oppinion. It is the idiot who started the thread who is to blame for this shambles.

I think the "idiot" who started the thread made a statement that was 100% accurate.

The big wigs at Glasgow City Council are Catholics - whether we like it or not - and they have moved wisely to get into positions of power in this country.

Don't be so stupid. Are you seriously trying to tell me that you have researched the names of all the major players in GCC and proved they are all Catholic? If so then let me see the evidence and i will gladly retract my previous statement.

But until you do i will class this as a bigotted rant which has no place on these boards. RDB has taken an injustice against Rangers and made it sound like all of us who believe that injustice is happening are all mindless, paranoid Bigots. Maybe you are but i am most certainly not and don't take too kindly to being classed as one.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

Oh here we go - the Racism card getting spouted around!

If you had cared to read my past posts then you know I am not Racist.

I stand by my remark - if other cultures cant accept and live with OUR Culture then why the hell should we accept and live with theirs?

Now away and pull the Racism card out on someone with less intelligence than me you fool.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

If you had cared to read my past posts then you know I am not Racist you fucking cumbucket.

I stand by my remark - if other cultures cant accept and live with OUR Culture then why the hell should we accept and live with theirs?

Now away and pull the Racism card out on someone with less intelligence than me you fool.

Nice way of pulling out, but frankly I have enough common sense to be steering off idiots like you. 'Cumbucket' ? Lovley (tu)

Don't be so stupid. Are you seriously trying to tell me that you have researched the names of all the major players in GCC and proved they are all Catholic? If so then let me see the evidence and i will gladly retract my previous statement.

But until you do i will class this as a bigotted rant which has no place on these boards. RDB has taken an injustice against Rangers and made it sound like all of us who believe that injustice is happening are all mindless, paranoid Bigots. Maybe you are but i am most certainly not and don't take too kindly to being classed as one.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to tell you. And since you called me stupid, no - I wont be showing you my evidence - which is freely available online - for saying what I say. You can find it yourself - pray God you have the ability to do so and think for yourself.

And how is my rant bigoted? Do you know what bigotry is? Where have I been bigoted in that statement? I'm not classing you as a bigot so I don't know where the hell you think you are being classed as one.

Members here really are a strange breed of Rangers fan.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

If you had cared to read my past posts then you know I am not Racist you fucking cumbucket.

Nice way of pulling out, but frankly I have enough common sense to be steering off idiots like you. 'Cumbucket' ? Lovley (tu)

Pulling out of nothing - your the one I just made look stupid with your excitement at getting to finally throw the racism card out there only for it be thrown straight back at you.

Steer away from me all you like - I certainly don't need people who need to feel opressed in my life.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

Pulling out of nothing - your the one I just made look stupid with your excitement at getting to finally throw the racism card out there only for it be thrown straight back at you.

Steer away from me all you like - I certainly don't need people who need to feel opressed in my life.

Excitment ? You really don't have a clue mate. I'm not the kind of guy to go throwing names at fellow bears for no reason. Fs, i'm 13 and i'm more mature than you already.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

Excitment ? You really don't have a clue mate. I'm not the kind of guy to go throwing names at fellow bears for no reason. Fs, i'm 13 and i'm more mature than you already.

I agree.

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

LOL - I'll let it slide... you have a lot of growing up to do and learning to learn before you can throw the racist card out there and know what you are talking about!

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

I agree.

Ohhh... the backup has arrived!

Why post to a thread when you don't have any of your own opinions to add???

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

LOL - I'll let it slide... you have a lot of growing up to do and learning to learn before you can throw the racist card out there and know what you are talking about!

I know what I am talking about. My age is always a nice scapegoat out of debates for people like you (tu)

No, No and thrice NO!

One Club - One Culture.

I agree.

His opinion is that my maturity is greater than yours. Think before you post.

GUYS.

Settle down.

This is getting heated. And it doesn't need to.

I will be watching this thread closely but have some advice to add:

No bigotry, no racism, and certainly no insults at each other.

Thank you all.

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to tell you. And since you called me stupid, no - I wont be showing you my evidence - which is freely available online - for saying what I say. You can find it yourself - pray God you have the ability to do so and think for yourself.

And how is my rant bigoted? Do you know what bigotry is? Where have I been bigoted in that statement? I'm not classing you as a bigot so I don't know where the hell you think you are being classed as one.

I didn't call your rant bigotted i was referring to the rant RDB made at the beginning. And that is bigotted because he branded every person in GCC as a Catholic and made that out to be an evil thing. That in anyones case is bigotted.

If you feel that you have evidence to suggest that what RDB said is true but then refuse to present it then you are not doing yourself any favours. The reason i take such issue with what you are saying is because i have relatives and associates who work in administrative positions in GCC and who are certainly not Catholic.

Also, if you look at the facts, around 14% of Scotland's population are Catholic. For that minroty percentage to occupy all the top jobs in an organisation as large as GCC is illogical and irrational. It simply could not happen.

Because you're just coming across like an angry wee muppet son. I have no wish to get heavily involved in this debate as it is full of hatred and narrow-minded opinions. I've been supporting Rangers a lot longer than you and frankly, the club doesn't need fans of lesser intelligence - it needs the exact opposite and you're bringing down the grade average (to use an Americanism). I imagine it won't be too long til you get kicked off here as you just don't seem capable of stopping yourself. (yes, D'artagnan - I realise the irony! Takes one to know one! :tu: )

Because you're just coming across like an angry wee muppet son. I have no wish to get heavily involved in this debate as it is full of hatred and narrow-minded opinions. I've been supporting Rangers a lot longer than you and frankly, the club doesn't need fans of lesser intelligence - it needs the exact opposite and you're bringing down the grade average (to use an Americanism). I imagine it won't be too long til you get kicked off here as you just don't seem capable of stopping yourself. (yes, D'artagnan - I realise the irony! Takes one to know one! :tu: )

LMFAO!

I didn't call your rant bigotted i was referring to the rant RDB made at the beginning. And that is bigotted because he branded every person in GCC as a Catholic and made that out to be an evil thing. That in anyones case is bigotted.

If you feel that you have evidence to suggest that what RDB said is true but then refuse to present it then you are not doing yourself any favours. The reason i take such issue with what you are saying is because i have relatives and associates who work in administrative positions in GCC and who are certainly not Catholic.

Also, if you look at the facts, around 14% of Scotland's population are Catholic. For that minroty percentage to occupy all the top jobs in an organisation as large as GCC is illogical and irrational. It simply could not happen.

It's not only GCC they occupy the top postitions in - it's in the education system, the political system and practically every system we have in Scotland.

And I'll not be presenting my facts to you here as you are simply making assumptions that you are correct and I don't wish to spend time trying to prove you wrong when you should be gathering your own facts if you want to debate the topic.

Big Marv, i just presented you with facts relevant to the debate. People who follow the Catholic religion make up 14% of the population and therefore cannot possible occupy the top jobs in such a large organisation. Now you are telling me that Catholics occupy the top jobs in most other improtant sectors in the country aswell. That is just impossible.

Big Marv, i just presented you with facts relevant to the debate. People who follow the Catholic religion make up 14% of the population and therefore cannot possible occupy the top jobs in such a large organisation. Now you are telling me that Catholics occupy the top jobs in most other improtant sectors in the country aswell. That is just impossible.

How is it impossible?

I lived in Saudi Arabia all my younger life and us Brits made up around 5% of the population.

All the top jobs were held by us over there...

Percentage of population does not matter - it's the percentage of them that work in the upper echelons and positions of power in this country that is very worrying.

Big Marv is full of wind and pish. In order to debate, you need to share your knowledge and research to back it up - of which Big Marv claims to have tonnes. But Big Marv prefers to kep it to himself as if to demonstrate his superior intellect. How surprising that he's unwilling to share it. Could it be because all he has to share is wind and pish?

As this thread appears to be awash with demands for links...

Perhaps someone could be kind enough to provide a link or indeed any kind of validation....to support Cardinal O'Brien's assertion that we engage in a game of "Punch a Pape"...

Why? The point at hand here is is Celtic will get their ground upgraded as part of the Commonwealth games improvements. That only. A couple of guys have obviously heard rumours and have posted them as facts. That they cannot substantiate those rumours is their failing and quite frankly, makes them look foolish.

Your talk of Obrien is quite frankly, for another thread - unless of course you seek to deflect.... :rolleyes:

Deflect ?

Same old accusations Bauba - we all know what happened last time you were challenged on that one.

Perhaps the many threads linking the Catholic Church to the political process and their penchant for influencing same...were of course missed by you. But I suspect its more of a case of ignored by you.

Still perhaps from your well informed Chicago base...you would care to enlighten us on the sale of property by Glasgow City Council to Celtic FC...for the princely sum of a penny...to allow the re-development of Parkhead during the time of the bunnet.

If you want to post a seperate thread DA, I will read it on there. But this thread is about the Commonwealth Games and the rumour of Parkhead being upgraded as part of the Games upgrades. Care to comment on that?

Or not?

Big Marv is full of wind and pish. In order to debate, you need to share your knowledge and research to back it up - of which Big Marv claims to have tonnes. But Big Marv prefers to kep it to himself as if to demonstrate his superior intellect. How surprising that he's unwilling to share it. Could it be because all he has to share is wind and pish?

If I wasn't so thick skinned I would be complaining to mods (like some) about having personal insults branded at me :unsure:

Anyway - I am quite happy to show the facts. But I will not show them to someone who has obviously not done his own research on the subject and is instead making assumptions.

Nothing to do with intellect. It's do with the debate and the facts and figures I have will remain in my hands until the time is right to share them with him.

Now - you want in on this debate? Then add something of value instead of jumping on the coattails of other posters.